LAUNCH: Proton Prevé (From RM59,990 to RM72,990 OTR)!

Will you buy the Proton Prevé?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ixeo : that someone is me. :biggrin:

crony crony crony!
blah blah blah!
boo boo boo!
crony crony crony!

:biggrin:

My friend was contracted into making parts for P1 but not as a direct supplier. As a subcon to the crony because the original con make crappy parts that resulted in massive radiator recalls. Great huh? Best part is my friend refused the job, asked them to go do themselves because he lost the contract to make the part originally because of the cronies.

So again : crony crony crony!

:biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
by the specs n price alone, i would say i would buy one. maybe wait a year or so to see beta testers testing it out first hahahah.

but seriously...i would buy it. who wants to take over my 20 yo car so i can put a deposit down?
Haha... You sure you can let go your sleeper beast?

fraz006

Apr 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
features sell a car if the car itself is of quality to begin with. if its, well, crap, no amount of features will make up for it. You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

since in your opinion you think features do sell cars, let's wait and see if the Preve outsells the Vios. If it DOES NOT, then the Preve is a sound failure. Let's wait and see. Numbers speak louder than words. :driver: Personally, the Preve should outsell the Vios, that's logic, due to price points and feature set. However, looking at Inspira sales numbers behind that of the Vios and City, I think the Proton badge makes a bigger dent that we think. Wait and see.

As for Vios -> Vios TRD..they can do it and people will buy it, despite the fact that its made to rip people off.
first, i am Bob Marley fan, and i feel down that u r using his quote.

cannot like that , bro. Preve/Vios target market are different.

since u say numbers speak louder than words. give us statistics of proton failure vs T ,H ,N ,M ,K ,H.

vios TRD ,why people buy it is obvious la.. brand blinding.not coz of quality

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

red PREVE tercabut tayar pic is an accident, as announced by proton edar facebook page

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bro,

Inspira is a totally different segment with vios n city la, its a 2.0 sedan and why u comparing it with city n vios. city n vios should compare with persona, forte, elantra & peugeot 206 etc....
fyi, inspira sales is much higher to compare to accord, camry, slyphy, optima, sonata....
btw, i think you personally got serious problem with Proton thats why you keep bashing them, i believe u r a well off person and not using Proton anymore, just leave Proton aside and focus on yr new ride, yr dream ride or whatever ride you intend to buy....why put a spike inside yr heart and keep bashing.

Power window problem, solved years ago bro....Proton giving 10years warranty is to assure customer that they had solve the problem, of cos out of 150000 units plus they produced, a few units with defect due to happen....but that numbers are reducing and they are improving.

features do help sales....cos we buy cars or other gadgets, we also looking for new feautures, add on or latest technology to keep up with the trend.....

no mean to counter anything or pro proton, just sharing cos i also driving a proton....u keep bashing as though proton is rubbish!! its a mean of transport to me who only can afford this price segment...so i cherish my proton la....cheerz bro.
Wow, as a Moderator you seem unable to moderate at all.
Keep the discussion on topic, resorting to personal assumptions or what you think about the individuals discussing the topic is irrelevant.

Please, point out a statement where I bashed Proton without merit.

I don't understand why you compare Inspira (a C-segment with B-segment price tag) with D-segment cars with a D-segment price tag. What is your point?

Inspira is a C-segment car, with a B-segment price tag, which is why I compare it to B-segment Vios and City. Despite being more car for the money, the Vios/City still outsells it over and over. My point is very simple (which appears that you are unable grasp) which I shall elaborate for your benefit.

Ah Beng has a budget of 80~90k to buy a car. The Proton Inspira is a C-segment car, 2L engine based on Japanese technology assembled, sold and supported by Proton. The Toyota Vios is a B-segment car, 1.5L engine made in Thailand and assembled by UMW Toyota, and likewise almost a similar story with the Honda City. With the limited budget Ah Beng has, on paper, you get more car with the Inspira, auto wipers, bigger engine, bigger car, better NVH, but he chose to buy a Vios/City over an Inspira.

Point in case: A lot of people such as Ah Beng with the budget rather buy Toyota Vios rather than the Proton Inspira, despite the Inspira having more features and being in a higher segment.

Relevance to this topic: The Proton Preve is also positioned as a C-segment car by Proton, with a price lower than B-segment cars. So would it fail like its stablemate the Inspira? A C-segment at the same price as B-segment cars, and failed miserably in that price bracket.

Logically, it make sense to buy Inspira over Vios/City. Likewise, I feel it make sense to buy the Preve over Vios/City due to the features, size (C-segment size), engine power (CFE yo). However, the sales numbers of Inspira have shown otherwise. If you asked me to bet on Preve to outsell the Vios/City, I would bet on the Preve. But if it doesn't, Proton can really close shop.

izso: maybe you can share a thing or two on how to have a civilized discussion, to agree to disagree, as well as not making it personal.
dear Ixeo,
maybe u r so well off that u can talk so big and arrogant behind the keyboard, to me, i am sharing and expressing what i think, whatever i posted is based on my own view and i am sharing out as this is an open forum....be it moderator or not moderator, i am still a normal being. as i mentioned earlier, maybe u r too blinded with your ego and keep wanting ppl to agree with whatever statement u made, therefore u start using the word to "civilized discussion" and so on.
using the term ah beng, it means buying vios n city are all ah beng? come on, u can keep bashing as u like and u can keep condemning as u like, i am not gonna continue this unfruitful discussion and sharing with u because i think u being a senior member here doesnt understand the word "sharing"....u can look back into our posting...who is the one getting personal...

no point sharing B segment, C segment or whatever segment as these actually not important to consumer who likes certain car and buy it....its only terms we mentioned in automotive industry to differentiate different target market. i find it normal to share my own thoughts...if it offended you then live with it.....u don have to attack ppl cos it doesnt reflex yr maturity in handling objection in public forum.
i wont wanna argue with u anymore, cos from 1st posting till now, i am sharing and of course in a discussion, there are sure debate...so when ppl debate, u say ppl are getting personal...so i must say SORRY TUANKU...i keep my mouth shut...u r the best....so lets continue our sharing! thanks, cheerz n out....good weekend ahead:smokin:

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Uik... What happened here? Saw this from FB...

I personally feel that this is a great leap in design for Proton. Now i wonder if they can leap also for their durability...

read in Proton FB, this car met accident while negotiating a corner and went up the divider "which is not in the pics, for those who knows duke/sri gombak/jln gombak interchange under the bridge"..there is a triangle shape divider...it went up the divider..and the RH front suspension/rims/bumper/fender all effected, i did ask for more details but they has not reply yet....

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

since u say numbers speak louder than words. give us statistics of proton failure vs T ,H ,N ,M ,K ,H.

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

red PREVE tercabut tayar pic is an accident, as announced by proton edar facebook page
I am toyota user and love toyotas. But to be fair, I must say that the TRD sportivo is shit and I am dissapointed with it. Not just cosmetics, it does have sportivo suspension setup. But then, we are getting a lot less than what thailand is getting. Their TRD vios got turbo and more goodies. According to my friend, a salesman at toyota, they had initial plans for the TRD engine. But after the gov tax the shit out of us, they found that the price soared way high close to the region fo altis. Therefore it appeals to very little people and they ditched the plan. So actually, i agree it is shit but not caused by toyota themselves. But by the gov. For what? In the end, to protect proton.

Then again, to be fair, all those japanese cars have defects as well and unfortunately, toyota seems to have a lot of them lately. Quality issues. Even some time back in the US, they have probs with Prius sticky pedals. Even some Lexus models. Sigh... But remember, what a lot of people say about proton is not jsut normal issues. But the fact that they took their long sweet time being comfortable and selling us crap quality cars. So it's more like we feel that they took advantage on us rather than quality issues anymore. If it is just quality issues, it can be solved. But when it gets to the heart and it angers people, it is difficult. The whole brand name is ****. Maybe instead of proton, they should just shut it down and rename it electron or neutron :biggrin:.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i thought the same like u said...their damages are too extensive and worst like cancer, no matter what treatment, new medicine or any new breakthrough, ppl will always keep thinking the past....its not a bad idea to suggest to Proton that the name already let ppl perceive them badly, sigh....what to do....now the newer generation of Proton have to face these! some more now the accident and welding thing cause so many feedback in some forums n fb

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Actually bro EvolutionZ, something I do not understand about the welding. I can't see very clearly in fb picture. What part is that? Looked like a door is it?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Wow, don't take my words out of context. I said Inspira failed against Vios/City. I never mentioned N, M, K at all. It wasn't me.
MAA Vehicle Sales Data for October 2011

there are the numbers, Jan 2011 - October 2011
Inspira 8028
Vios 25485
City 10470

I already said why I compared Inspira to Vios and City. Same price bracket.

Target market different? I don't see how, as they target the individuals with the same buying power? Or you refer to Proton's target market of people who are naive enough to believe Proton?

fraz006

Apr 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wow, don't take my words out of context. I said Inspira failed against Vios/City. I never mentioned N, M, K at all. It wasn't me.
MAA Vehicle Sales Data for October 2011

there are the numbers, Jan 2011 - October 2011
Inspira 8028
Vios 25485
City 10470

I already said why I compared Inspira to Vios and City. Same price bracket.

Target market different? I don't see how, as they target the individuals with the same buying power? Or you refer to Proton's target market of people who are naive enough to believe Proton?
just test drove a preve

-from stanstill, its like saga blm 1.3, but surge comes after 2krpm.i used handbrake,bit improved lag but still like blm 1.3. can live with it i think.
-ride is smooth.like conti set up a bit. stiff2 sedap. no crashy
-handling good, but car stance a bit high.
-interior simple, but font mcm main2
-space very big
-noise very minimal, engine growl is heard, but i like that
- brake is satisfying.
-overall u feel not a proton very much, more like korean japs i think. takde la sampai BMW.

will I buy this? wait till i test drove all other cars in my list.but,yes, the value for money is damn high

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
I am toyota user and love toyotas. But to be fair, I must say that the TRD sportivo is shit and I am dissapointed with it. Not just cosmetics, it does have sportivo suspension setup. But then, we are getting a lot less than what thailand is getting. Their TRD vios got turbo and more goodies. According to my friend, a salesman at toyota, they had initial plans for the TRD engine. But after the gov tax the shit out of us, they found that the price soared way high close to the region fo altis. Therefore it appeals to very little people and they ditched the plan. So actually, i agree it is shit but not caused by toyota themselves. But by the gov. For what? In the end, to protect proton.

Then again, to be fair, all those japanese cars have defects as well and unfortunately, toyota seems to have a lot of them lately. Quality issues. Even some time back in the US, they have probs with Prius sticky pedals. Even some Lexus models. Sigh... But remember, what a lot of people say about proton is not jsut normal issues. But the fact that they took their long sweet time being comfortable and selling us crap quality cars. So it's more like we feel that they took advantage on us rather than quality issues anymore. If it is just quality issues, it can be solved. But when it gets to the heart and it angers people, it is difficult. The whole brand name is ****. Maybe instead of proton, they should just shut it down and rename it electron or neutron :biggrin:.
nah, even proton went bankrupt, gov. will still impose same tax for foreign car, if gov. want to help proton so much they would not impose 75% excise tax & 10% sale tax for proton, our lovely gov. just want our money, that all, i do agree, proton are plague with quality issue, & if proton close shop, less tax payer money will be use to help proton ass whenever they are in trouble,

but, but, for soo long toyota & honda made proton as their scapegoat but after looking at this website Malaysia Automotive Association

it look like ckd'ed cars like vios & civic only been imposed extra 10% extra only compared to proton, and yet these car's price so high here in malaysia, these company been milking malaysian buying their overpriced & underspec cars:thefinger:

fraz006

Apr 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
nah, even proton went bankrupt, gov. will still impose same tax for foreign car, if gov. want to help proton so much they would not impose 75% excise tax & 10% sale tax for proton, our lovely gov. just want our money, that all, i do agree, proton are plague with quality issue, & if proton close shop, less tax payer money will be use to help proton ass whenever they are in trouble,

but, but, for soo long toyota & honda made proton as their scapegoat but after looking at this website Malaysia Automotive Association

it look like ckd'ed cars like vios & civic only been imposed extra 10% extra only compared to proton, and yet these car's price so high here in malaysia, these company been milking malaysian buying their overpriced & underspec cars:thefinger:
we are lucky enuff not to be like singapore. they got taxed plus other things forgot already the term. kind of permit to own car.

in the end singapore car ownership cost are farking expensive. so, ok what msia.singapore super berkira, to the extend that weekend only car permit also got, thats y sometime u see red plate numbers.

google singapore car ownership cost...most kiasu/poyo country on the planet.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Singapore I think it is acceptable to implement the COE because its a small country... can't have that much cars else the road will end up being a parking lot! lol. but that is steering off topic.

fraz, when you said stance high, what was the impact on driving? did you notice roll on the car or just the high feeling like your in a crossover rather than a sedan?

fraz006

Apr 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Singapore I think it is acceptable to implement the COE because its a small country... can't have that much cars else the road will end up being a parking lot! lol. but that is steering off topic.

fraz, when you said stance high, what was the impact on driving? did you notice roll on the car or just the high feeling like your in a crossover rather than a sedan?
stance only give psychological effect. like u scared it will roll like hell. i am used to low stance, coz i am adjustable suspension user.

in reality, its a stable car. roll is minimal and not cause u to sweat.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
we are lucky enuff not to be like singapore. they got taxed plus other things forgot already the term. kind of permit to own car.

in the end singapore car ownership cost are farking expensive. so, ok what msia.singapore super berkira, to the extend that weekend only car permit also got, thats y sometime u see red plate numbers.

google singapore car ownership cost...most kiasu/poyo country on the planet.
Why compare to Sg? Why compare to places that are worse? Surely there are places that are worse than msia. But if we want to improve, we must always compare/benchmark against those better such as US, UK. If we keep comparing our car prices to Sg, our fuel prices to Aust, our rotax to Japan, we will just be complacent and not have the drive to improve!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hai fellow ZTH,

Im using FN2r. Recently ive changed my air filter to simota air filter. Then the check engine appears. Ive dismantled the battery and hoping the ECU can adjust to the new air fuel ratio. At first it was ok. Then the check engine appears back. I havent tried changing to the OEM air filter yet.

My question is the ECU cant adjust to the new breath ? Do i have to use Hondata or equivalent?

Thanks,
Newby in I-vtec

---------- Post added at 04:40...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience