LAUNCH: Proton Prevé (From RM59,990 to RM72,990 OTR)!

Will you buy the Proton Prevé?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
They show a modded version ? Haha

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Brake kit some more ...proton or brembo ?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
devious17, do u think u are the only shareholder for proton?

every white/blue collar worker here is a shareholder, we pay taxes as well.

ive said clearly in my statement, its the few ppl inside that is havocking the entire structure of the organisation and it has nothing to do with making a good car or a budget range car.

as usual devious17, pls go bag and play RC MAUAHHAHAHAHAHAA, saves u lotsa troubles :thefinger:

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Warranty 5 years or 150k km? Sorry but with my experience, proton's warranty is shit. My friend paid a couple of hundreds for the extended warranty for her BLM. But everytime got problem, they said warranty is on the "engine and gearbox" only and nothing other. Who needs extended warranty on engine and gearbox? And then you have to go back to their crappy and expensive service center and use all their crappy and expensive ori parts EVEN BATTERY. Even if you changed your car's battery outside to a different brand one, WARRANTY VOID. The stupid salesman even tried to talk shit to me and warn me that MY ECU MIGHT BURN UP.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I test drove the car at 3 different showroom, not bad actually....I think the word "Not Bad" is an understatement it's better than Not Bad but still have rooms for improvements. Handling and performance is good. The Insulation really like conti car feel....

Dec 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i am more interesed in the cfe engine.i wonder what kind of mod upgrade since they lower the compression in the block.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

i agree wif u veloc

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Sweet car y'all. Really dig the design.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Went to the showroom today.. honestly the dashboard design is SERIOUSLY LACKING OF CREATIVITY. Cheap plastic parts will look better if there's a touch of art and creativity to it.

Like now its just too boxy and cut and paste look....need serious improvement....

Exterior and power wise.. is something to praise about...congrats on these parts

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
was checking out again and the cvt executive which powered by iafm campro really needs improvement cos power to weight ratio is bit out...the car felt heavy at start point but when it runs smooth...felt much better..other than that, mostly similar to cfe premium except lesser accessories...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Went to the showroom today.. honestly the dashboard design is SERIOUSLY LACKING OF CREATIVITY. Cheap plastic parts will look better if there's a touch of art and creativity to it.

Like now its just too boxy and cut and paste look....need serious improvement....

Exterior and power wise.. is something to praise about...congrats on these parts
For that kinda money, you shouldn't be expecting VW standards la. It's not bad already for that kind of price. Compare it with the even cheaper Chery equivalent and then you'll know what's cheap plasticky and crappy.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Wow another Malaysia Boleh moment. Cannot pass NCAP? Never mind! We create our own crash assessment programme and pass our own cars. Viola!

Global car my ass.
The only real NCAP tested car is the Exora. Having said that the Exora they sent for testing is not the same build quality as the one they manufacture here. The high tensile side protection bars were used in the test cars, the ones locally... I shall not reveal more... later kena sue.

Having said that, I must also point out that testing the Exora was a ridiculously expensive affair. They had to send over 12 cars (I think) and shipping, testing, fees, etc.. all added up to several million ringgit. It's only cost effective to have our own testing grounds to at the very least have a baseline, even if it is (maybe) lower (baseline) than NCAP. So this actually makes dollars and cents sense.

Incidentally the MCAP or whatever they call it results for the Waja was pretty much the same as the NCAP results, a 2-star NCAP car. So if they tested this new car, it can't be too far off.

I don't get why people keep bashing the looks (inside and out). Looks is a subjective thing. I happen to like the way Emma Watson looks but don't really fancy Kiera Knightly. Some would say the exact opposite. Is it wrong? No. It's just personal opinon - subjective. So one mans meat is another mans poison. Lay off the negative vibes on the looks already! Want to bitch about ugly bitch about the Tiara and Myvi LE.

Lastly, the comment about being an indirect shareholder of the company - what's the point of pointing that out if you have no say in the car or the company? Our true power is the power of purchase - if you want to show your fury setup a demo to boycott Proton and kill its profits to make it unworthy of investment and force the G to stop dumping in our hard earned money protecting a crony company. Put your money where it can have impact, not complain about it in a public forum! If you compare P1 now and P1 10 years ago, I'd say they've improved quite a bit. Only issue is the hand holding from the G.

They should have taken up the JV offer with VW. VW wanted to change a lot of their suppliers but P1 refused. That says a lot already.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The only real NCAP tested car is the Exora. Having said that the Exora they sent for testing is not the same build quality as the one they manufacture here. The high tensile side protection bars were used in the test cars, the ones locally... I shall not reveal more... later kena sue.

Having said that, I must also point out that testing the Exora was a ridiculously expensive affair. They had to send over 12 cars (I think) and shipping, testing, fees, etc.. all added up to several million ringgit. It's only cost effective to have our own testing grounds to at the very least have a baseline, even if it is (maybe) lower (baseline) than NCAP. So this actually makes dollars and cents sense.
Put it bluntly, I don't give a flying ____ how much it costs Proton. If the people in charge of the accounts don't know how to handle the cash flow, he should get fired. And not justify it by saying because its expensive bla bla bla so we don't do it.

Look at every other global player, they do it, hell even the Koreans and Chinese are doing it (EURO NCAP). So, is Proton really aiming to be a global player, or they are pretending to be one just to cheat the Malaysian public? It reminds me of Made in Malaysia FMCG with Japanese labeling to make you believe its Made in Japan, exported to Japan or something to do with Japan.

Proton is just a crock of shit with their marketing. "HEY LOOK! We have a global car built to Malaysian safety standards ala MyVAP!" Please, Malaysian safety standards? As a global car? The Malaysian standard don't even have compulsory ABS and air bags. As far as they are concerned our lives are worthless.

Also, Proton not willing to pay the $ to send the car for NCAP, means again using the RAKYAT'S MONEY to establish MyVAP. Who you think pay for all the research, development, equipment, salary for the people to operate MyVAP? The government, aka RAKYAT'S MONEY! So yeah, make the people pay for it instead of Proton paying for NCAP. Bravo! Malaysia boleh moment.

Incidentally the MCAP or whatever they call it results for the Waja was pretty much the same as the NCAP results, a 2-star NCAP car. So if they tested this new car, it can't be too far off.

I don't get why people keep bashing the looks (inside and out). Looks is a subjective thing. I happen to like the way Emma Watson looks but don't really fancy Kiera Knightly. Some would say the exact opposite. Is it wrong? No. It's just personal opinon - subjective. So one mans meat is another mans poison. Lay off the negative vibes on the looks already! Want to bitch about ugly bitch about the Tiara and Myvi LE.
I think that's a bad comparison. NCAP is a moving scale, just cause it scored 2 stars last year doesn't mean it will still score 2 stars this year. Think about it, if its NOT a moving scale, safety in cars won't improve. If its NOT a moving scale, it'll be "Oh we scored 5 stars? No need to improve our next face lift then just use existing technology and no R&D to improve further". Just FYI. Again, I don't blame you cause in Malaysia safety standards are unheard of.

Lastly, the comment about being an indirect shareholder of the company - what's the point of pointing that out if you have no say in the car or the company? Our true power is the power of purchase - if you want to show your fury setup a demo to boycott Proton and kill its profits to make it unworthy of investment and force the G to stop dumping in our hard earned money protecting a crony company. Put your money where it can have impact, not complain about it in a public forum! If you compare P1 now and P1 10 years ago, I'd say they've improved quite a bit. Only issue is the hand holding from the G.

They should have taken up the JV offer with VW. VW wanted to change a lot of their suppliers but P1 refused. That says a lot already.
devious17, do u think u are the only shareholder for proton?

every white/blue collar worker here is a shareholder, we pay taxes as well.

ive said clearly in my statement, its the few ppl inside that is havocking the entire structure of the organisation and it has nothing to do with making a good car or a budget range car.

as usual devious17, pls go bag and play RC MAUAHHAHAHAHAHAA, saves u lotsa troubles :thefinger:
Quit dreaming people. Proton no longer belong to the rakyat. It now belongs to DRB-Hicom. Basically they built a company using the rakyat's money and left pocket right pocket it and "acquired" it. Another Malaysia boleh moment.

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
sometimes giving out 10yrs warranty or whole life dont solve the problems for d power windows ..
problem is ur giving ppl troubles when defect. spoil > fix > spoil > fix n vice versa.
instead of putting effort on d dashboard design being very plastic or wutever it is on d cons, they went for trends. LEDS, auto wipers, push starts etc ..
juz.dont.understand.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone,
I'm driving a proton saga lmst 2005. recently, my rear, stock absorbers has failed. i plan to change into an aftermarket sports absorbers but i cant really decide which one because the choices are plenty. i don't carry heavy loads, willing to sacrifice comfort for better performance. i'm also using rims with 205/45/16 tires. since the design of my rear wheel arch is flat, i worry using lowering spring will cause my tires to scrape the rear fender. hence i plan only to change to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience