LAUNCH: Proton Prevé (From RM59,990 to RM72,990 OTR)!

Will you buy the Proton Prevé?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think not just Proton have cheap plastic. Even the New Prius I bought for my sister have cheaper plastic. I sit inside 1 time only also not feeling want to sit for the 2nd time. The Prius C much worst....

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Have you been anywhere near the car to comment on the quality and compare it to Forte and Civic? Have you? Tell me, I'm curious..
Lagi Best salesman kot.? :listen:

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I think not just Proton have cheap plastic. Even the New Prius I bought for my sister have cheaper plastic. I sit inside 1 time only also not feeling want to sit for the 2nd time. The Prius C much worst....
agree with you. nowadays they all just the same. didn't blame the material. but i really want to know whose the one that design the dashboard. it look very awkward. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i personally test driven the car and the result based on my personal experience....

- acceleration is good for 1.6 (compared to many 1.5, 1.6 & even 1.8)
- interior quietness - very quiet - good insulation even i am revving at rpm5000 plus
- handling - superb 10/10 - challenge my statement if u have better car in this C-segment (stock to stock)....i took 3/4 roundabout turn doing 80km/h and it doesnt steer ....
- fuel consumption - only god knows...cos still new and nobody using it yet..but u want performance - fuel is not an issue rite?
- dashboard quality - plastic....maybe u tell me which car use carbon fibre or metal sheet as dashboard or using full leather dashboard like italian sports car.....with the price range of rm60k to rm120k......i personally can accept the quality of dashboard..at least i can foresee their wont torn off like some japanese or korean made car....
- design - many cars e.g civic ek, lancer gt or even some sports car...at 1st sight sometime we see its ugly but slowly we can accept it and slowly fell for it.
- features to price - what can i comment further (magnesium paddle shift, 7 speed cvt, 4 airbags, rain sensor, light sensor, abs, tc, vsc, lotus ride & handling, push start, gps, 5yrs warranty, 150k km, SiD, 4G, cfe)
- power window - the SA told me 200000km warranty or 10years...so i think not an issue.

the above are based on my own personal experience test driving the car...not pro proton or so..just a fair statement...personally i am driving a persona yr 2009...i am still very happy with it.....cheerz n out.

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Hmmm.....

I went to the Preve launching yesterday to touch and view the real thing. And it is my personal opinion that i will NOT buy it, or think of buying it. To me its a waste of hard earned money.

Nothing to comment on the engine and the interior , since to each his own , some like it some doesn't. The use of cheap plastic some can bear with it, some cannot. The use of Malaysia's own safety rating system to rate their own cars, some find it stupid and insulting, some doesn't.

You like you buy lah , you don't like don't buy lah.

My 2 cents worth.

Peace

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
Well, Proton can design the concept but which of these Proton vendors can supply?

Ace Polymers (M) Sdn. Bhd.
APM Plastics Sdn. Bhd.
Azman Hamzah Plastik Sdn Bhd
Chemtube (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Delloyd Industries Sdn Bhd
EP Polymers (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Hicom-Teck See Manufacturing (M) Sdn Bhd
HIL Industries Berhad
KB Teknik Sdn. Bhd.
Master Approach Sdn. Bhd.
Proreka (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Sipro Plastic Industries Sdn Bhd
Teck See Plastic Sdn Bhd
Usra Industries Sdn. Bhd.

Proton Vendors Association - Member Directory
may be this person want the interior plastic use TUPPERWARE plastic material kot....if cut,tore out..can change for newer one...if scratch, eaten by cockroach ...no gerenti ...hehhe:biggrin:

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
srsly, i dunno why everyone like to bash proton.

every organization has their own problems, both financially and with the people.

but they are a car manufacturer, they built cars so ppl can afford one since its consider a national car, so whats the hype?

like kenyeang said, willing buyer - willing seller.

why dont someone open one topic on new vios or new city?

i bet proton has a better platform to compare with city and vios, i have own proton for most of my life.... old protons has better quality built then other ckd manufacturers such as vios and city, which are manufactured in thailand.

and to add, honda city feels like paper when driving and its even worst then my WIRA of 10 yrs, yes altou its built under a lancer chasis but its far solid then a city.

Vios or City only has technologies to make the buyers feel they are safe when driving but think bout it again...... nowdays drivers can drive??

so to end all this bashing, end of the day.... its only the driver that has the final feedback on the car.

u test drive it once, doesnt mean u will like it laa ok.... u first tackle ur gf, ur gf also dont like u at first one laa... get it? :biggrin:
I ,for one, like to bash protong because I am are part indirect shareholders of the whole gimmick maa.

If proton were conceived from someone else's personal piggy bank ,who would give a damn? (except maybe the willing buyer lah) but protong was built with my farkin tax money!! Dont I deserve to critical of the establishment for being pathetic right from the beginning?

Each time a new model is launched I was hoping it would take flight and recover but only to be disappointed with ol' power window problem, door handle breaking and the likes, how?

So now comes along Pray-vah...........Pray-hard!

(My own opinion and feeling,just in case someone felt kecik hati)

matt_pp

May 5, 2007
Proton Preve..
1. Money wise --> quite reasonable based on engine and drivetrain performance
2. Performance wise --> Looks ok based on paper spec
3. Looks wise --> FAILED.. the interior looks cheap while the body looks tall and narrow (like honda city).. why can't they make the car bulkier or sportier.. Proton head of styling department really don't know how to make a car

BTW.. when can i book the test drive session at proton.. want to test the engine performance

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
with the rear multilink setup up... not bad at all... shld b good in handling i guess...
but why no turbo with manual..?? scratch head...
looks... erh... Neo looks better...
Waiting for test drive...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

indeed... Prius C is stand for Prius Cheap isn't it..?? hahaha...
The interior of Preve looks better than Vios la...
:biggrin:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i think all proton showroom nationwide offering test drive....just drop by to their showroom and ask for test drive....

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
went to see the car and all i can say this car is totally different compares to older protons. a lot of improvement in this 27 years. thumbs up.

p/s: preve sapphire is soooooo freaking hot.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning my fren found that his car is gone when he going to work.....he suspect car get stolen by midnight.....his car is wira special edition black colour..wif engine 1.8 twin cam..16 sport rim..others all standard...location car stolen is sg.buloh new village...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience