Later Expressway linking Kl to Kuala Selangor almost completed

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Another piece of the Government's Kuala Lumpur Outer Ring Road (KLORR), the Kuala Lumpur-Kuala Selangor Expressway (LATAR Expressway) that will link Kuala Lumpur at Templer's Park in Gombak to the township of Ijok in Kuala Selangor, has just entered the final stages of development and will be completed by the middle of this year.

The 33 kilometer long expressway will serve as an alternative link to the present Jalan Sungai Buloh-Kuala Selangor (Federal Road 54) and will provide for a faster and smoother drive that will take an estimated 18 minutes to traverse from end-to-end. The expressway will link the townships of Kuala Selangor, Assam Jawa, Ijok, Batang Berjuntai, Kota Puteri, Puncak Alam, Shah Alam, Bukit Jelutong, Sungai Buloh, Kundang, Rawang and Selayang, providing for easy access and improved connectivity for the commuters.

There will be a total of four interchanges and three toll plazes on the LATAR Expressway with the interchanges linking to the Guthrie Corridor Expressway, PLUS North-South Expressway and the future West Coast Highway.

A host of facilities will be available along the LATAR Expressway such as Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), CCTV, variable Message Signboards (VMS), traffic control devices, road markers and emergency telephones. Furthermore, rest and service areas will be available on both sides of the expressway.

The KLORR is part of the Government's plan for traffic dispersal that aims to reduce the congestion in Kuala Lumpur and is proposed as an alternative to the Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2). It will begin from the Templer's Park interchange along Federal Route 1 (KL-Rawang) and will link to the Guthrie Corridor Expressway. LATAR Expressway will form the North West portion of the KLORR.

Completed sections of the KLORR now include the Guthrie Corridor Expressway that links to the Elite Expressway from Bukit Jelutong to Saujana Putra and the South Klang Valley Expressway from Saujana Putra to Kajang. Additionally, the KLORR links Kajang to Hulu Langat via the SILK Highway.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day

Assuming i already have a paint code, lets say i have a Lexus Paint Code Glacier Frost Mica (Paint Code 074).

Which / where is the best shop that i can send my car to for repaint to this EXACT same color as if it was out form the factory ?

(Within KL/PJ Area, and for reasonable price -meaning not dirt cheap, but not dirt expensive)? Would appreciate any recommendaitons. THanks guys !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience