Last lap pass wrecks both teammates chances as both cars go off w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Logic dictates that if you’re in second spot on the last lap of a race, behind your teammate that’s leading of all people, pulling an overtaking maneuver that hadn’t seen much thought put into it on the last corner is as stupid as asking a vegan chick if she wants to ‘taste your meat.’

That logic however, seems to escape British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) driver Matt Neal as he did exactly that towards Honda teammate, and race leader, Gordon Shedden, only to lock up his front and tow Shedden’s car along as they both careened off track.

On the last corner of the last lap of Round 2 at Oulton park, Neal tried to squeeze his way past Shedden by braking late into the corner but ended up overshooting his braking point and understeering off the track. Shedden was on the outside line and with nowhere to go, was pulled along by Neal into the dirt.

Fortunately, both cars didn’t hit the barrier and Shedden managed to get back on track and finish sixth. Fifth Gear presenter Jason Plato, who drives for the Chevrolet team, was in third but moved into the lead after both Hondas went off and took the win.

The reaction by Neal as seen from the in-car camera says it all and we’re pretty sure some NSFW words will be exchanged once he is back in the pits.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6so8be16mL4" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
i dunno whether to call this is stupid or what................

tth tyre

500 RPM
Jun 5, 2007
Puchong
fxxking stupid and selfish Matt Neal ..

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Hahaha......well "1 mans loss is anothers gain"....Plato must have been smiling from check to cheek on the podium...:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
:biggrin:

greedy=loss

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everybody,
i am new hear, and this is my 1st thread that i post, hope to share my beginning experience of detailing journey and learn from all the sifu hear. This is my mum car engine bay that never being clean for more than two years. So i just want to try out some new product that i bought from KC and see how it works. Here are some of the product that i use:

1 OPC diluted 1:3 for cleaning
2 ONR as lube
3 OLP to protect

here are some of the picture before and after:

see...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience