Lancer CVT with Supercharger

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Just mention in case all talk about the gb only, suddenly engine also kaput.....hhahhahahha:rofl:
Hahaha of course stock N/A engine can't take too much boosting without building the engine. I am still enjoying its N/A, not bad lar still can get from 0-100 in 8 seconds, after some exhaust and throttle body mod.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha of course stock N/A engine can't take too much boosting without building the engine. I am still enjoying its N/A, not bad lar still can get from 0-100 in 8 seconds, after some exhaust and throttle body mod.
Forced Induction already different feel totally.......lol:biggrin:

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The link i shared is the only supercharged CVT Lancer even found. How sure i am, nothing can be sure, even 4 speed automatic slush box can face the same thing. I am sharing an idea to CVT Lancer owners that there's such setup existed. If changing to manual gearbox and just for boosting it, i recommend just buy a legit performance car, the cost for both manual gearbox, supercharger kit and labour has already enough to pay for downpayment.

Thanks,
Ken
Bro one simple thing,If you want performance, you have to spend, you think you buy legit performance car , everything will be ok and tahan lasak ?, Maintenance and wear and tear parts, will cost a bomb also, actually is up to you, I'm just advising you to chose the correct path on the mod, that's why you ask for opinion in the first place right?,

Modifying a car will a cost alot, if people think of the cost, nobody will be transplanting engines, but the end product will give you a good satisfaction, this is based on my POV. Tq

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro one simple thing,If you want performance, you have to spend, you think you buy legit performance car , everything will be ok and tahan lasak ?, Maintenance and wear and tear parts, will cost a bomb also, actually is up to you, I'm just advising you to chose the correct path on the mod, that's why you ask for opinion in the first place right?,

Modifying a car will a cost alot, if people think of the cost, nobody will be transplanting engines, but the end product will give you a good satisfaction, this is based on my POV. Tq
That is why still with VR....hahaha

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

#hobikamimahal :smokin:

Anyway, are all cvt prone to overheat?

I see.. That's explain it. No wonder when I high-speed cruise back Johor, lancer/inspira on and off right Lane.. One sec Kena cucuk by that car.. One sec sit at middle Lane :driver:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Yes that's right, i am ready to spend but within a rational level, if its exceeds a level where i can pay cash for another performance but older car, i will do it without second heart beat. Supercharger seems like a better alternative to turbo CVT, you just need an extra larger cooler and ensure your gearbox is still healthy as it is.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
#hobikamimahal :smokin:

Anyway, are all cvt prone to overheat?

I see.. That's explain it. No wonder when I high-speed cruise back Johor, lancer/inspira on and off right Lane.. One sec Kena cucuk by that car.. One sec sit at middle Lane :driver:
All auto gearbox is prone to overheat, just CVT is much easier prone to overheat. Up to date, i never seen overheating alert on my Lancer CVT. Just recently it whined a bit when going uphil genting, but that has never happened before for the past 10 years. My guess is the CVT cooler is under performing and needs an upgarde.

Thanks,
Ken

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
All auto gearbox is prone to overheat, just CVT is much easier prone to overheat. Up to date, i never seen overheating alert on my Lancer CVT. Just recently it whined a bit when going uphil genting, but that has never happened before for the past 10 years. My guess is the CVT cooler is under performing and needs an upgarde.

Thanks,
Ken
Probably my case different due to full load went uphill. Highway speeding so far never hit warning before. Mileage going to touch 100k and yes the aeroplane sound is obvious. Replace cvt filter and full flush may improve. Have you try it?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Woooi what's that supposed to mean? You want poison me much?

Ken
Been there done that lah! Mine was more drastic since is 2.0 AT to 2.0T MT some more. No joke the feel is totally different. Of course now so many years already got used to it dy.......hhahaha:rofl:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Probably my case different due to full load went uphill. Highway speeding so far never hit warning before. Mileage going to touch 100k and yes the aeroplane sound is obvious. Replace cvt filter and full flush may improve. Have you try it?
Yup done all major maintenance already, new fluid (flushed), new CVT filter. The whining sound came only when i am climbing uphill aggressively. Other than that, driving high speed on highways at 170km/h quiet as shit. Mine only start making that noise when touching 201k km's. Not gonna complain but i think this gearbox has been very faithful to me, may be its just ... OLD ... but let's see after upgrading to a larger CVT cooler changes anything, otherwise, prepare for gearbox change. Then see this Supercharge idea can live on or not.

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Been there done that lah! Mine was more drastic since is 2.0 AT to 2.0T MT some more. No joke the feel is totally different. Of course now so many years already got used to it dy.......hhahaha:rofl:
I can't swap to MT, KL roads, arghhh !! After full day of work just needed a relaxing drive and occasionally some hoon. Any idea how to import a Ralliart halfcut on my own? My friend can help me store the half cut with his warehouse so i am checking out how difficult it is to import my own halfcut without third party's help.

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I can't swap to MT, KL roads, arghhh !! After full day of work just needed a relaxing drive and occasionally some hoon. Any idea how to import a Ralliart halfcut on my own? My friend can help me store the half cut with his warehouse so i am checking out how difficult it is to import my own halfcut without third party's help.

Thanks,
Ken
No need MT also can, the difference still will be great.
Not sure if you need any license to import. Other then that if you got contact for supplier you can liaise with them on shipment procedure. Here you will need a clearing agent to process clearance and tax/duty matters and transport to your warehouse

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
No need MT also can, the difference still will be great.
Not sure if you need any license to import. Other then that if you got contact for supplier you can liaise with them on shipment procedure. Here you will need a clearing agent to process clearance and tax/duty matters and transport to your warehouse
Wow seems tough, but i got a contact who can do those for me with a price. For now let's keep the topic of supercharging. Rotrex now has this new variable speed supercharger VC8 with both electrical and mechanical inputs. Seems like an interesting setup for CVT. The benefits of this variable speed charger:

High boost at low engine rpm
Ideal for single or dual boosting
Transient response <300 ms
Uniquely small weight and size
Low power consumption
Voltage range 12-48V
“Infinite” gear ratio (Sounds like CVT to me)
Ideal for heavily downsized engines

Thanks,
Ken

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

i was just wonderin' wer i can get those PU mounting & how much will it cost me & wat will a normal wan cost? i can choose not 2 change all the mounting at once rite?

any1 did diy mounting b4?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience