Lancer CK2A with 4WD

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
Hi guys,
need help & advice :adore:
im planning to buy lancer (ck2a) convert evo6 (4WD)

1. Can i endorse the 4WD? (4WD not endorse yet)
2. Is it true to convert 2WD (ck2a) - 4WD need to "potong/tukar lantai"? is it legal or illegal?
3. Inspection puspakom "lepas" or not? (if i remove the 4WD)
4. If "kantoi" kena SITA or not??

TQ sifoos :adore:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
i remember there's one model that comes stock with 4WD... so there wont b any cutting of floor pan going on...
perhaps u wanna check on the rear boot to see if there's any welding marks??? as long as there's cutting of the chassis, i think u'll b facing prob wif JPJ....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
try look for lancer with chassis CM2A. it comes with 4wd. then u can just transplant the engine and no prob getting puspakom approval.
if u tempered with the chassis for CK2A, u wont get approval.
try search for this topic in mloc forum...u will get more info there.

avielboys

Known Member
Nov 14, 2008
JB, Johor
powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
hi ayoi84,

if i remember correctly, you can only do 4wd with a ck4 if original comes with 4wd ... unless the ruling has changed, you shouldnt be able to convert 2wd to 4wd ...

my recommendation is to go straight to JPJ and try asking one of the in charge pple there regarding the rules.

if your chasis is ck2a, you should have no problem installing evo 4-6 stuff in there ... not too sure about if its evo 7-9 ... i do know the gearbox area slightly different.

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
Tq guys for replying..
Good info here :)
Ok i will check the welding marks.

if your chasis is ck2a, you should have no problem installing evo 4-6 stuff in there ... not too sure about if its evo 7-9 ... i do know the gearbox area slightly different.
Let say if the CK2A already installed evo7-9 inside? is it legal/illegal? need to mod chasis or not?

mDnAz

Jun 20, 2011
Johor Bahru
ayoi84, jez go to JPJ website..in there u can find at least their technical dept. individual's email add. for each JPJ's centre in Malaysia n u can directly email them n ask bout dis kinda' thing..last time i did email to 1 of the JPJ's officer in Johor asking exactly wut u r intended to ask..the answer was definitely not legal for 2wd convert to 4wd eventho' inside the 'geran' stated there 'kereta import terpakai'...u noe wut i mean..so think twice b4 u proceed..

my 2cents..

rumitech_global

Known Member
Jun 11, 2010
melaka
CK2A CK4A = 2wd chasis
CM2A CM5A = 4wd chasis

if converted CK chasis to 4wd, ur can have to potong lantai and install 4wd lantai, great weld job will no seem obvious.. but if ur car been inspect by jpj, it it straight away sita and declare ur car as potong car.... i been through that experienced... but again $$$$ release my car...i straight away sell my car.....if u got ball, u can just proceed...

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

i only kantoi at the propeller shaft bracket..... coz use custom one larrr, if i know i use ori braket lorrrr....but the JPJ couldn't see the cut and weld lantai

sagaevo

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
As i say, i 've asked the JPJ couple of times and they mentioned CK-chassis lancer convert to 4WD will never be approved. But you can check with JPJ's Jabatan Kejuruteraan Automotif at Putrajaya Parcel D, and shoot your questions there. There are certain folks told me their CK obtained the 4WD approval when i was looking for evo 4-6 last time, but when i'm seeking to see the approval proofs or any black and white from JPJ, they start to blabber cock story around telling all sorts of fantasies......

CK2A CK4A = 2wd chasis
CM2A CM5A = 4wd chasis

if converted CK chasis to 4wd, ur can have to potong lantai and install 4wd lantai, great weld job will no seem obvious.. but if ur car been inspect by jpj, it it straight away sita and declare ur car as potong car.... i been through that experienced... but again $$$$ release my car...i straight away sell my car.....if u got ball, u can just proceed...

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

i only kantoi at the propeller shaft bracket..... coz use custom one larrr, if i know i use ori braket lorrrr....but the JPJ couldn't see the cut and weld lantai
Yup they won't be able to see.....but some of the JPJ folks also know a thing or two, all they need to do is check the chassis number and goes on the rest bla bla bla bli bli bli story from their end....

Bottomline is: you want to 4WD your CK, its totally up to you. Authority kaa JPJ kaa at the end you are going to deal with 'em.....if you kena with them or not....this depends on nasib laa bang....at the end we have to live with it the rules are set up that way.....haihhhh.....:banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
the prob is he edi said the 4WD is already in place now... meaning the floor pan hav been cut/weld... even he take out the rear differential oso no use....

cyborgsabah

Nov 18, 2003
Afghanistan
Visit site
Most of the time they only kacau proton convert evo... JPJ do not have the right to sita your car on the spot.. the most they can do is ask you to go inspection... when you go inspection dont go empty handed la...:)

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
Tq guys for the reply :)
can anyone show me some pic/diagram of the "lantai potong" area?
Surf d on net but cant find any pics.
Let say i remove all the 4wd part and install standard 1 back, jpj boleh detect tak during roadblock?

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Lancer 4wd is quite obvious JPJ can detect easily. Perhaps you need to transform your car to total EVO look then maybe got better chance to evade JPJ block. But normal roadblock I think still ok if they didn't notice.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

White-smoke is coming out from my exhaust especially in an up-hill climb! Not so noticeable when its running on flat terrain. What could be the problem here and which part/components should be checked first? Engine used: 4g93, mileage: 110k km.

Appreciate the feedbacks/ advices here!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience