Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia to race in Sepang, Malaysia

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

It looks as though Lamborghini’s presence in Malaysia is heating up. Eminent Century Sdn Bhd, official importers for Lamborghini cars, along with their sole dealer, JH Italia Sdn Bhd, pulled the covers to unveil Team Lamborghini Kuala Lumpur JH Italia race car. They will be participating in the upcoming one-make race series, the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia.

Remember when we wrote about the Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale? Well, that was basically the road-going version of the Super Trofeo race-car. The original muse for the Super Trofeo was the Gallardo LP560; but with a tweaked chassis, the V10 mill tuned to churn out 570PS, with excess fat all pared out. As the name suggests, Blancpain, the Swiss match-maker is a sponsor for this race-series.

Lamborghini calls the Super Trofeo race-series the ‘fastest one-make series in the world’ and debuted back in 2009. This race series was conceptualized to allow privateer teams, as well as Lamborghini dealer teams along with one factory team featuring guest drivers, to race at some of the world’s best circuits. For the 2012 season, the Asian leg of the Super Trofeo race-series will kick-off at Sepang International Circuit later this month; on the 26th and 27th of May. Sepang will hold the distinction of being the first leg for the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo Asia race. There are total of six rounds, with the subsequent races held in Fuji (Japan), Ordos (China), Zhuhai (China), Pan Bay (Taiwan), with the finale in Shanghai (China).

The race will consist of two separate 50 minute races at each stop, before a 35 minute qualifying race that will determine the driver’s starting position in the rolling start. This Asia racing series is open to gentlemen racers with each team comprising of up to two drivers. There will be a compulsory driver change between minutes 20 and 30, so some strategizing will be necessary. Team Lamborghini Kuala Lumpur will be represented by Rizal Ashram Ramli (more popularly known as Jejai), and he assures us that winning is a part of the agenda; not just for himself, but also for the brand, team and nation.

To view/download all pictures from this event in hi-res, click here.

Attachments

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
back then married to the beautiful nora danish..recently got married with scandalous fasha sandha..now tag team with the bulls??god damn it!i wanna be the famous jejai! :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I felt my car butt was kinda unstable while cornering, now i changed to a more comfortable suspension and the feeling is getting worse. My car is mivec in 1.3 wira chasis, therefore there isn't rear anti roll bar, i enquired a old shifu, he said is simple and cheap, not more than rm150 he can modded it on by using 1.6/1.8 or perhaps other similar car rear anti roll bar, yet another mech said this is very skillful things, parts are hard to find and cost more than rm300++.

I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience