Knowing When To Back Down

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Not everyone can do this - knowing when to back down.

Suspension Wisdom

Bill Sherwood is in town (the Toyota Modication Master Internationally Recognised) www.billzilla.org/carindex.htm

I just took him out for diner last night with Master Sifu Yolk and Kenny from 4agClub came to discuss with him about Merdeka Endurance Race on Kenny's car team management, engine mechanicals, brakes, chassis and suspensions.

Anyway, I didn't tell Bill that I downgraded my front coil from 5.5 kg/mm to 4.4 kg/mm.

At the turn UNDER federal highway, the ? = question mark symbol turn from subang old air-port to sunway KFC, taking the outside lane, crusing, no hero stunts.

Bill immediately felt the difference as a passenger and said my car turns better than before and stick firmer than before and more stable than before.

All I did was change the front coil from 5.5 kg/mm to 4.4 kg/mm - more closely matching the rear of 3.3 kg/mm, and my car's weight before modification is 52% weight front 48% weight rear. Near 50 50 distribution.

I also increase front caster a little. No more than 2 degrees.

However my tyres are much worst than before, and it was after rain where the road is wet.

So, can you do the same........ knowing when to back down..... ?

hmmmmm speaking of this..... my car still understeers badly. Mainly due to bad tyres, but I'm also tempted to reduce the front further from 4.4 to 3.3 .......

thinking ................................... processing ....................................

Even do it radically until 4.4 for rear and 3.3 for front .........................

thinking ................................... processing ....................................

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Having GR8 suspension serves no purpose if your car runs shoddy tires....so i'm sure you would agree the 1st step to make your car handle better is a set of GOOD tires.
Charles

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, im using the imitation gti gear console n was wondering if anyone has sprayed the lower plastic piece to a different color...the lower plastic piece of my gti console is light grey n i wanna change that to black in order to match my arm rest..

im not sure if accessory shops r selling black ones or not but so far, ive seen oni in light grey...will go look again this weekend...

its basically like da wira SE console like da pic below (tajulsan, borrow ur pic ya)..da part which i circled...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience