Knocking noise

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
Hi I have a knocking noise when driving over bumpy round or small speed ramps, the knocking noise also happens when the car is on axle stands driving it in the air

Any help or ideas will be thankful

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hi I have a knocking noise when driving over bumpy round or small speed ramps, the knocking noise also happens when the car is on axle stands driving it in the air

what car ya? knocking like sound can be stabiliser link, or other mounts. :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Knocking sound, Quite hard to say without physically hearing and check them out....:smokin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
looks like a worn driveshaft problem.
while its on the jackstand u should check all the bush and absorber mount.

my waja have knocking sound from the front,the sound is solid 'tuk2' sound when going through uneven road,strong acceleration,and releasing the throttle when accelerating.
i tot it was the top absorber mount but after checking,confirm its the driveshaft.

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
looks like a worn driveshaft problem.
while its on the jackstand u should check all the bush and absorber mount.

my waja have knocking sound from the front,the sound is solid 'tuk2' sound when going through uneven road,strong acceleration,and releasing the throttle when accelerating.
i tot it was the top absorber mount but after checking,confirm its the driveshaft.
Okay cheers, what sort of wear am I looking for when checking out the absorber mount and bushes? And is there a way of checking wear on drive shaft?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Okay cheers, what sort of wear am I looking for when checking out the absorber mount and bushes? And is there a way of checking wear on drive shaft?

I always see my mechanic check bushes by using a long metal rod then like pry in between where the bushes are for free play. Probably he more experience and can see or tell how much free play is considered good or bad.
For me, drive shafts usually will be the CV joint that gives way first. When it start to give you krak, kak sound on full tune when you accelerate, that is the start. It will then become more noisy as it deteriorates. When slight turn also got krak, krak sound time to change....:bawling:

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
I always see my mechanic check bushes by using a long metal rod then like pry in between where the bushes are for free play. Probably he more experience and can see or tell how much free play is considered good or bad.
For me, drive shafts usually will be the CV joint that gives way first. When it start to give you krak, kak sound on full tune when you accelerate, that is the start. It will then become more noisy as it deteriorates. When slight turn also got krak, krak sound time to change....:bawling:
Okay thank you, yeah when the car is on axel stands if I start the car when the wheels first turn on their own it'll make the knocking noise slightly and then if I accelerate it's gradually gets worse

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hihihi,

Anyone knows where to make oil cooler lines?
Or at least where to clamp those fittings?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience