• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
see this video...if u complaint cos run out of chicken u will kena wack......hehe
Komunitikini – Fist flying customer service at KFC i-City

An enraged Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) employee was captured hurling foul words and violently antagonizing a customer in full view of dozens of patrons on video at an outlet in Shah Alam.
The 28-second video has been viewed 214, 356 times since it was uploaded on the 6th of February 2012 and has received mixed reactions from viewers.
The video shows a group of staff clad in light blue uniform bulldozing through a swing door charging at the customer. One staff in particular tried to neutralize the situation by calming his colleague down.
But matters turn to battery when a particularly enraged KFC employee grabbed the customer from behind and hurled him towards the table. Two obviously terrified women tried to stop the employee from hitting the customer. However, the customer did not seem to be injured.
According to YouTube user Jess6366, who uploaded the video, the victimised customer waited an hour long for his fried chicken.
The user said that when it came to the customer’s turn, he was told that there was no chicken left.
Some exchange of grouses had one of the workers allegedly tell the customer: “Kalau mau makan, buat sendiri lah babi.” (If you want to eat, make it yourself, pig!)
The video turned viral over Facebook and received mixed reactions from the viewers roping in more than 7,300 comments.
Some see the incident from a purely customer-service point-of-view whereas many point out the obvious racism behind the ugly dispute.
Youtube user himynameisyumi wrote: “Shouldn’t the staff be apologizing for running out of stock and offer to give compensation instead? (free meal vouchers etc) after all, they did wait for over an hour. Why haven’t they been informed earlier? Can’t blame the customers for being irritable and rude because of all the standing around, hungry & time wasted getting nothing in return. They could have left quietly and politely to eat somewhere else if the staff had informed them immediately that they were out of stock.
125kitaro having had a similar experience wrote: “I was there last week, its the same group of workers who were very rude ……….. You people should be blacklisted from employment wherever you go.” (Comment edited: Obscenities removed)
The comments from users turned to a full-blown argument on racism, with some comments pointing out the flaws of each-other’s race straying away from the actual dispute.
Alan Tan blogger wrote in his blog :
“Even though customers are not always right. However, physically attacking a customer for being verbally abusive is an act of violence, totally wrong and must be avoided at all cost. The staff should not have taken matters into their own hands. The outlet manager should have immediately stepped in at the first sign of trouble to resolve the issue in a professional manner. I’m guessing even the manager was not properly trained by KFC!”
KFC Malaysia suspends employees
Meanwhile, KFC Malaysia responded in their Facebook page that they are aware of the video and are currently investigating the issue. The staff involved also said to have been suspended, pending investigation.
Their post received over 1,200 comments from Facebookers, some in support of the customers and other for the employees.
This is a second incident casting KFC in a negative light in a span of six months.

Attachments

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Kentucky Fight Club

Lol... Read the comments in youtube? How could this lead to rasicm comments??

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I like to eat KFC.. but not in this case if i were to wait for an hour and end up nothing but still get scolded i would also make some noise or complaint to the management.. remember "Customer is always right" (from the point of a service profession) and quote from net.. " A hungry man is an ANGRY man" (so you should have calm him down if you are a professional service team)

autocrosser

Known Member

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Have you fellows check out the video on the disgusting way sone of the staff treat the food? I am not going to any fast food places anymore after seeing that.
On the ICT incident, i totally agree that there was no need to get into a punch-up over a few angry words.
Kicking Fighting Chicken is off the menu for me, at least in this part of the world.

autocrosser

Known Member

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
I was wondering when KFC's competitors would take advantage of their screw-up. Great one, Haywire. Love it!:biggrin:

bLACKjAC

Known Member

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Kentucky Fight Club

Lol... Read the comments in youtube? How could this lead to rasicm comments??
Because KFC staff scoled him as pig few times :banghead:

I would say KFC management is stupid, they should not keep quiet for so long, and no action being taken, like press apolygy....

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I was then wondering their competitor "M" will come into action and sweep their feet off or not? Then they both goes to price war.. and we customers benefits.. hehe..

D7zul

2,000 RPM

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
'Don't make me hungry.. U don't like me when i'm hungry' :thefinger:

DeaconFrost

Known Member

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
One weekend I went to McDonald's Klang Sentral for breakfast. I think it was 8-8.30am. Restaurant was full (surprisingly, since it was relatively still early), so my wife and my son sat at a table outside.

I went to the counter and ordered, but guess what, I have to wait 45 minutes! No kidding, 45 minutes. I even have time to take a newspaper and read: while standing at the counter. One of the McD employee started to bring a notebook and pencil and took orders from the long queue of customers behind me. Pity them: if I have to wait for 45 minutes, I think they'll have to wait longer. The only complaint I heard was when a lady raised her voice asking why the food were taking so long to be prepared.

I think it was just a case of stock not arriving on time (or not ordered on time). Luckily it was still morning when people were fresh, have enough rest, enough oxygen to feed the brain not to take irrational actions. If it were during the afternoon lunchtime... Klang Sentral - i-City... near mah... ahahahaha...

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
after this incident video been post in most of the web page, been visit few outlet .... last time lunch hour the queue was long for some place but now u your no queue at all....

ehdrian

I Don't Care!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
The branch manager shud be responsible of all this!..bad planning and management and he's not doing his job, he shud be sacked!..ambik gaji buta only..:thefinger:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
The truth is with KFC i-city's CCTV, why are they still unwilling to reveal what is captured at the cctv?..Are they trying to hide the truth to protect somebody?..

plank

Known Member

plank

Known Member
Jun 10, 2009
IPOH- SETIAWAN
When someone start ANGRY,, satan:evil: comes to angry man and give more fuel to make more fire..
then satan lough loudly because two men start fight. After that, two man become enemy (satan very happy)
to me both side made their fault..

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
i tot the cust who 1st hurling some racist word coz of the delay of their chickin
Please don't start the "racist word" in ZTH.. we are living harmony here in 1 ZTH, 1 Malaysia... :biggrin:

When someone start ANGRY,, satan:evil: comes to angry man and give more fuel to make more fire..
then satan lough loudly because two men start fight. After that, two man become enemy (satan very happy)
to me both side made their fault..
Again, we are here to see the truth.. but why they (KFC) is still hiding something? Do they need to take 1 month or 3 months to do investigation? They should step up and reveal the truth.. whether is the customer or the worker is at fault.. "Fight should never take place" as the saying goes, "a gentlemen only uses a mouth but not throwing fists"..:smokin:

DeaconFrost

Known Member

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
The truth is with KFC i-city's CCTV, why are they still unwilling to reveal what is captured at the cctv?..Are they trying to hide the truth to protect somebody?..
I think if CCTV footage is released, it CAN be a lose-lose situation for a business like KFC lah bro:

If KFC Fault:
1. People will not come to KFC (even now business maybe already affected).

If customer's fault:
1. Cannot hear what abuse words used: CCTV cannot capture audio.
2. Can only see movement (hands, fingers, etc.).
3. Will result in more debate, more controversy.

In lose-lose situation, better damage control/limitation exercise lah.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

"Fight should never take place" as the saying goes, "a gentlemen only uses a mouth but not throwing fists"..:smokin:
I think the saying is terbaliklah bro... only women fight using mouth... gentlemen shut their traps, start engine, and see who is fastest ahahaha...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I think if CCTV footage is released, it CAN be a lose-lose situation for a business like KFC lah bro:

If KFC Fault:

If customer's fault:

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

I think the saying is terbaliklah bro... only women fight using mouth... gentlemen shut their traps, start engine, and see who is fastest ahahaha...
Wahaha... then gotta go to sepang and "settle" :driver: but if either one still lose and still not satisfy how? See who finish the KFC dinner plate faster? wahahaha... my opinion punches should not be throw in the first place.. and yes their management really screwed up.. how can you let your patrons to wait for an hour while you still claiming your restaurant is "FAST FOOD" restaurant??

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang

If KFC Fault:

If customer's fault:

Yes i agree with u but hiding the truth only will create more tension among the 2 races as there're rumours danny racially abused the employee..So, it's better to reveal the truth as soon as possible..Whether kfc i-city reveals the cctv video or not, their reputation is down the drain because of their unprofessionalism at handling customers..I definitely boycott kfc i-city

DeaconFrost

Known Member

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Yes i agree with u but hiding the truth only will create more tension among the 2 races as there're rumours danny racially abused the employee..
If it's proven racial issue also, better to keep things quiet, all parties cool down and not let things escalate to worse level.

I didn't read any coverage from the Malay papers about this issue, I only learnt about it from an English daily. If all Malay papers put headlines that read "All Malay KFC employee left kitchen to confront customer" sure meletup... luckily no coverage at all...

Racial issue worse than business issue. Some things are better left to cool down, like brake disc also hehehe...

MonsterDog

MonsterDog

Oct 25, 2006
Sabah
Kung Fu Chicken = KFC.. :biggrin:

Lucky M'sia has many choices to eat chicken.. Y must choose KFC?? :biggrin:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
If it's proven racial issue also, better to keep things quiet, all parties cool down and not let things escalate to worse level.

I didn't read any coverage from the Malay papers about this issue, I only learnt about it from an English daily. If all Malay papers put headlines that read "All Malay KFC employee left kitchen to confront customer" sure meletup... luckily no coverage at all...

Racial issue worse than business issue. Some things are better left to cool down, like brake disc also hehehe...

I still think that hiding/keeping quiet is not right, reveal the truth and ask the perpetrator to apologise, then problems solved..

bLACKjAC

Known Member

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Me too will boycott Kick FIght Chicken, personally i would say McD ayam goreng is better than KFC, try it.... yum yum

drill

500 RPM

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
at this point of time... i am sorry for my self reading this.... all this kfc laa,,, nandos laa... marybrown laa...makes me hungry. but i need to hold my self starving in this office as i couldnt go back. haihhh.....

sorry guys...off topic... but this thread really made me hungry!

DeaconFrost

Known Member

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I still think that hiding/keeping quiet is not right, reveal the truth and ask the perpetrator to apologise, then problems solved..
Well, as much as we want to resort to direct and simple idealism, the public relations world can work in mysterious ways:

If KFC's Fault:
1. KFC: To be perceived as the 'bigger person' (definition: the person who is more mature than the opposite person, the person who makes more mature decisions.) - KFC will make a press conference and the word 'apology' will be expressly stated.

2. Customer: To make KFC pay for it's actions - customer will not make a police report. He will take CIVIL action to claim damages.

If Customer's Fault:
3. KFC: To not be perceived as being too defensive - KFC will not reveal the CCTV recording. It will only make a press conference and say "we are always committed to serve our customer fairly". The word 'apology' will not be mentioned.

4. KFC: To keep it's employees happy - KFC will not make a press conference at all. It will operate BAU.

5. Customer: To be perceived as the 'bigger person' (definition: the person who is more mature than the opposite person, the person who makes more mature decisions.) - customer will not take any action against KFC. Based on the case of PP v Lasakke, the defence of grave and sudden provocation can even prevent an offence from amounting to murder.

Case of PP v Lasakke:
On 8 June 1963, the accused killed the deceased with a parang. Prior to this, the deceased tried to have intercourse with the accused's wife. The accused was told of this but said nothing. The deceased told the wife that he wanted to marry her and threatened that if her husband would not divorce her he would kill him to achieve his purpose. On 8 June 1963, the deceased met the accused and said: 'Eh? Have you divorced your wife yet?' Later the deceased again taunted the accused with these words: 'Eh, are you not ashamed? Don't you realize all your friends know I have interfered with your wife? Why don't you divorce her?' The accused did nothing but tears of shame came into his eyes. Later on the deceased struck the accused on the head. There was a commotion as a result of which the deceased was killed.

Held: the series of grave provocations deprived the accused of his power of self-control and the final provocation, having regard to all the circumstances of the case, was sufficiently grave and sudden to prevent the offence from amounting to murder.
So again, personal relations, and public relations, can work in different ways.

shark79

500 RPM

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
another low point in th customer service industry...even if the customer is at fault u cant be going around attacking people in any situation unless its self defence! its is an assault and a.. no balls one! 3 or more against 2women and a man.

TOMEI-R

500 RPM

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
There's about 30% voters at the poll which voted that the customer is at fault. Can any of u guys explain to why the person who landed the first blow should not be at fault? Or do u still think that anything that is not agreed upon should be settled cowboy style where we invite the other party to a draw outside?

carent9

Known Member

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
Customer is always right!!!!

KFC MUST know how much stock they have in their place lah.... don't ask customer to wait 1 hour then tell no more stock!! This is TOTALLY not right.... If I went there with my family and waited 1 hour, then I will surely be angry...!! KNN, my children surely pengsan already....

Why the staff lost his cool... I have no idea.. unless he was the manager.. WTF was the manager doing?!!!!!!???? :thefinger: :thefinger: :banghead: was this a franchised outlet kah?? get lah chicken from another branch la...

Looks like KFC was totally mis-managed at that time... (need to get more training on how to manage the stock).. KFC is like Pizza Hut... sometimes when I want to makan pizza, surely don't have something one... "no chicken, change to xxxx can ah"

I have never seen McDs telling me no more food lah.....:biggrin:

If they gave KFC coupon as part of the offer, then lagi teruk... they should know how many people there are already...

stevenseahkl

From Facebook

stevenseahkl

From Facebook
Sep 26, 2010
www.facebook.com
This discussion makes me feel like a lot of u guys q for an hour at KFCs. Am quite surprised as I dun usually exp it. Or maybe I just walk off when my chicken senses are tingling... Really? U guy would CHOOSE to wait 45min in a fast food joint? I salute your patience! I much rather eat RTB, roti telur bawanggg.... Enak!

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
if YOU killed someone, would you take your own CCTV footage out to prosecute yourself? I don't think KFC is stupid right..

no matter what happened, we live in a civilized society, the person who throws the first punch is ALWAYS at fault. if we sort differences out with violence then the result of that is WAR. and we all know in WAR, everybody suffers except the people who manufactures weapons and the people who buy the weapons (crony).

those people who say the Customer is at fault are people who feel violence isn't wrong, that the Customer deserved it and should see it coming. So if YOU rear ended my car, and I came down and shot you in the face with a magnum, you deserved it right?

ae101rulez

500 RPM

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
This discussion makes me feel like a lot of u guys q for an hour at KFCs. Am quite surprised as I dun usually exp it. Or maybe I just walk off when my chicken senses are tingling... Really? U guy would CHOOSE to wait 45min in a fast food joint? I salute your patience! I much rather eat RTB, roti telur bawanggg.... Enak!
spot on bro..usually if i see a long queue at any rest or fast food chain, just walk off. imagine this la, driving to somewhere already in queue or jam..going to find parking also in queue..walking around also crowded also fck..now even wanna eat something also have to queue...don't blardy care what stupid offer they can have.buy one free one, all the discount they do is just marketing gimmick cz at the end of day, they still make more profit if more customers come even at cheaper price...at the end, still will be the laughing stock...this is coming from a semi-marketing person. lol..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
There's about 30% voters at the poll which voted that the customer is at fault. Can any of u guys explain to why the person who landed the first blow should not be at fault? Or do u still think that anything that is not agreed upon should be settled cowboy style where we invite the other party to a draw outside?
no longer 30%, it's almost half now..:banghead:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
aiyah.... srsly laa.... i wud not wait for 1 hour to eat chicken, no other outlet kah??

owtaman

Known Member

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
They bought the vouchers with expiry date on that visiting day that's why.

DeaconFrost

Known Member

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, seriously, do you think the customer KNEW that he have to wait for 45 minutes?

Do you think anybody, in their right mind, WOULD WANT to CHOOSE to wait for 45 minutes, if they had known before they placed their orders?

No, right?

This is something you NEVER CHOOSE. By the 15th minute of waiting, the customer would have thought that the order could be ready on the 20th minute. By the 20th minute, customer hoped it'll be ready on the 25th minute. He would have no way of knowing that he will have to wait until the 45th minute. It's not like there's an electronic board displaying queue numbers.

What a customer can choose, are:
1. To demand for refund;
2. To lodge an official complaint;
3. To simply leave with loss;
4. To make a scene.
5. To continue waiting.

There were not only one customer on that day. A lot of other customers made DIFFERENT CHOICES.

jaymansion

Known Member

jaymansion

Known Member
Sep 29, 2008
I refuse to admit that im living in a racist + malay the best country but when you guys try exploring some blogs and pages like Anak-Anak Negeri Sembilan and look at those ppl's comments and how some special language newspaper twisting here and there calling chinese and indian as penumpang and babi until this day....some even say KFC is own by the special race that we dont like we can dont eat....etcs
Really dont understand the reason for adding racial issue here.....
Show the damn cctv recording already and stop the racial isssue coz of a piece of chicken...this is Malaysia or tanah melayu?penumpang tak boleh makan ayam ke?=.='

nadziad

Known Member

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
that y more and more malaysian died in early age....eating fast food.......younger age should consider not to eat fast food as their meal.....every year our age rise up and our body become less and less healthy.......research shows on the younger age younger people can have heart attack......

Last edited:

TOMEI-R

500 RPM

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Eventhough people who post in this thread voted that the kfc staff was at fault....but the polls show otherwise. We now have 51.03% who say that the customer was at fault. Can any of the voters that voted the customer at fault come here and justify why they voted that way...????:rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Anyway...here are two links of KFC Malaysia apologizing over the incident and admitting that it is the fault of their staff.

KFC Malaysia - Message from Director of Restaurant Operations - YouTube

This is from The Star
http://www.google.com.my/url?sa=t&r...nLHaBw&usg=AFQjCNFit_43x1fbHG-71348d-yjEBeIAA

autocrosser

Known Member

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
It's a bit late in the game to say what they should have said way long ago. I will bet their sales must have plummeted quite significantly the last few days. Better late than never, this must be their thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.