faisal

1,500 RPM

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
gary said:
my point is, we should all be looking at the bigger picture on malaysian motorsports as a whole, and not just at one driver. I can tell you, there are many people who are working very hard behind the scenes to help grow motorsports in malaysia from the grassroots, but get no recognition, and also make no attempts to gain recognition. These are the people I admire the most. Do you know who they are?
Hmm who are these unsung heroes ???

gary said:
This year, someone, who 2 years ago would never have thought he will be racing in the biggest race in the region, who only until a couple of months ago, was racing in grassroots events in a carpark, was picked, and then given full sponsorship, including testing and training. This driver ended up on the podium in his first race ever, in the largest race in the region.

This is what we need to see more off. Drivers given a chance because of their talent, and not because of who they know, and how much money they have.
Kudos to this fellow. And to the Organisation/Team that suported him.

faisal

1,500 RPM

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
WhiteLighter82 said:
Um.....come on you guys........
FAISAL..??? Where are you???
Come on out and play..........
They didn't mean to Slam you........
hahahahahahahhahaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm here.

Why??? did I miss any "blind bashing"??? didi I miss any " hero worships" ???

Slam me?? what are you on man???

faisal

1,500 RPM

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
gary said:
i dont really agree with what you're saying jaspal.

M.Schumacher is German. He lives in Monaco, races for an italian team. his main sponsors aren't german companies. Does that make him any less German? is he considered a loss to germany?

by saying what you're saying, you are denying all the good years that Karam has had in his career. Supported by local mechanics, local race management, local companies who have sponsored him to the tune of millions.. remember, he became world champion while sponsored by malaysian companies.
Somehow people forgot that....

gary

Known Member

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
"remember, he became world champion while sponsored by malaysian companies."

blind bashing, or blind faith, or whatever you want to call it. nobody wants to see the whole picture, or even accept it even when faced with facts just because it doesn't meet their needs.

canken2

1,500 RPM

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
gary said:
"remember, he became world champion while sponsored by malaysian companies."

blind bashing, or blind faith, or whatever you want to call it. nobody wants to see the whole picture, or even accept it even when faced with facts just because it doesn't meet their needs.
excuse me gary u driving BMW now ka?

killerloop25

Known Member

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
<P>
faisal said:
I'm here. </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Why??? did I miss any "blind bashing"??? didi I miss any " hero worships" ???</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Slam me?? what are you on man???
</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Take it easy....nobody got slammed neither is anyone going to get slam. Make this a healthy discussion and not make this some sort of personal attack. Everyone has a right to share their opinion same goes to Faisal or WhiteLighter82. Instead of saying nasty things about one another, how about try saying some nice things for a change. Facts will always remain facts. And the fact is that Karam is still a damm good driver even with one hand behind his back and the other hand in his pocket. At th end of the day we will not change the current situation on the rally scene in Malaysia by slamming each other. </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Jaspal, in a way I do have to agree with you.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Gary, yes you're right also that he made world champion backed by Malaysian companies but don't forget that at that time he was racing for our national make also. And he did show gratitude by bringing back the title World Champion.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Point is lets take things a bit easy and positively.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

Kenboy

Known Member

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
succesful professional drivers need a combination of skills to make it big in motorsports. my top 10 list:

1) excellent natural driving skills
2) determination and good mental strength
3) good articulation of feedback to engineers and technicians
4) enough of own funding to setup a proper campaign
5) good communication skills with sponsors and support people
6) marketability and a thick confident face
7) dont expect free things, first class treatment and high fees
8) never burn ur bridges, you never know who will be able to help in the future
9) show ur appreciation to sponsors, do your bit, thank them
10) luck, lots of it

as you can see, a lot of it has nothing to do with driving.

anyway, i did see karamjit's face on TM posters and trucks. he advocates safe careful driving. and gets to whack a TM liveried nissan R33 everywhere. he also gets all expenses paid drive in R3TA. he gets a drive every year at MME. so there is support for him. but funnily enough, he keeps being the lone wolf. the underdog. the guy who has to struggle doubly hard for successes. the privateer. the poor cousin. why is that??

he did say he was going to start a driving school. but as most things that involve kementerian money in this country, nothing comes out of it.

red_cloud

red_cloud

Dec 1, 2005
Omigod...i can't believe u guys are still talking about the same gearbox after one & a half years.
Both Karam & Faisal are my friends & I think this whole gearbox issue is just being blown out of proportion. The truth is Karam wanted to buy the box from R3 at the time & was trying to speak to Djan about the price. He was also in & out of the country at the time.
When Djan asked me to pick the box up & use it. I gave Karam a call & he said "it's at my house, but I haven't got a price for it from Djan, but if R3 wants it back I'll return it"
I went & picked it up because Karam is my friend & i live 5 mins away from his house. It really made no difference if karam passed it to me or I picked it up.

Anyway I don't think it's fair to say Karam did not return what was not rightfully his here because he did return it.
A lot of us in here are friends as we all belong to the same tiny motorsports circle & i really think we should refrain from all this public "bashing & slamming"

Kenboy

Known Member

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
no, this is not only about one dog box. the dog box issue is just one example.

the key question is why cant karam get sponsors????

i leave it to you all to ponder this question and come to ur own conclusions.

killerloop25

Known Member

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
red_cloud said:
Omigod...i can't believe u guys are still talking about the same gearbox after one & a half years.
Both Karam & Faisal are my friends & I think this whole gearbox issue is just being blown out of proportion. The truth is Karam wanted to buy the box from R3 at the time & was trying to speak to Djan about the price. He was also in & out of the country at the time.
When Djan asked me to pick the box up & use it. I gave Karam a call & he said "it's at my house, but I haven't got a price for it from Djan, but if R3 wants it back I'll return it"
I went & picked it up because Karam is my friend & i live 5 mins away from his house. It really made no difference if karam passed it to me or I picked it up.

Anyway I don't think it's fair to say Karam did not return what was not rightfully his here because he did return it.
A lot of us in here are friends as we all belong to the same tiny motorsports circle & i really think we should refrain from all this public "bashing & slamming"
Nicely said red_cloud.....
Nice to clear the air up for the second time. Two wrongs won't make a right.
The bashing and slamming is just between Karam's strong supporters and not so Karam's cup of tea.
Then again it should be a more positive forum if possible without the bashing or slamming.

cyclonite

500 RPM

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
you all tell stories like grandmother only...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i'm not sure bout u guyz.. but i find it rather stupid of m'sian govt... and involving private sectors.

Yes.. no doubt that F1 is a more popular sports than rally.. but he's a well established and known driver.... than some rookie, and worthless_attempt_to_be_1st_M'sian_F1_drivers.....

it is sad to see Karamjit going thru such difficulties and having need to just.. let go .. just like that... itz fucked up man..

i guess itz all about $$ ... damn those fools...

Short_Shifter

Known Member

Short_Shifter

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Banting
well once again just like round one...karam has grabbed the champion of round 2 of the malaysian rally championship last weekend...great work once agian by him n his team...excellent and precssion driving had been displayed once again...cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I'm new here but over the last 6 months of reading through this forum I have learnt alot of valuable stuff. So first off - Thanks! :)
Secondly...

I have a 96 Lancer which is a FWD chassis. I recently converted from a 1.5 to the 2nd gen (CM5A) 4g93t GSR engine.
The problem is that I need it setup for FWD. I have a Non turbo 4g93 gearbox (f5m421) which I was told would suit my setup. The gearbox bolts up fine but I cannot fit the 4g93t (pretty sure that's what it is) flywheel in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience