Karamjit Singh - The Forgotten Treasure

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
his record speaks volumes. there's going to be alot of "hear say" and that cannot be helped when you perform at world class platform. Instead of trying to bring about incidents of the past, which in my humble opinion cannot be helped "nobody's perfect" see, lets give due credit where it deserves.

Opinions cannot be helped and we all know opinions are like ******** coz everybody has one. Nonetheless its taken Karam thus far and hopefully he continues to deliver his winning streak.

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
If the Goverment can't show gratitude to the achivements which Karam had brought to Malaysia let it be us individuals who show how much we appreciate his presence right up till today. Its not that he should have retired when he was at the top but he still choose to remain in the scene to give all those newbies and old timers a boost in morale even though the sport ministry had long forgotten about them.
All I can say here is that he's an awesome guy in person and as a driver.

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
Karam is definitely one of our all time greats in motorsports. unfortunately, its sad that he has not been able to find support locally..etc. and personally, i think its already too late for him to get back into the international limelight.
As Faisal mentioned already, sponsors demand a lot more than just results for a reason to spend money. They are also looking for marketable people. In this day and age, they are usually out to look for younger drivers, of which, there are plenty of them out there.

to me, whats more urgent today is not "how to save karam", but how to save malaysian motorsports in general. i'm not talking about F1, or MotoGP or JapanGt..etc. those are not malaysian motorsports. I'm talking about Super series, MRC, .. including grassroots events like dragbattle, GRA and R3time attack...etc.

Its tough enough that drivers cant get sponsored today, but even tougher for people who organise these events to get sponsors to keep running. Without motorsports growth in Malaysia, it will be harder for us to have our next "karam".

WhiteLighter82

Jan 25, 2006
Um.....come on you guys........
FAISAL..??? Where are you???
Come on out and play..........
They didn't mean to Slam you........
hahahahahahahhahaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhiteLighter82

Jan 25, 2006
Have you guys seen Karam before a race, he is full of pure concentration trying to picture the track in his mind(like he is possessed ). Karam Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have seen him race b4 in person, no malaysian rally driver can come close to what he does.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
gary said:
Karam is definitely one of our all time greats in motorsports. unfortunately, its sad that he has not been able to find support locally..etc. and personally, i think its already too late for him to get back into the international limelight.
As Faisal mentioned already, sponsors demand a lot more than just results for a reason to spend money. They are also looking for marketable people. In this day and age, they are usually out to look for younger drivers, of which, there are plenty of them out there.

to me, whats more urgent today is not "how to save karam", but how to save malaysian motorsports in general. i'm not talking about F1, or MotoGP or JapanGt..etc. those are not malaysian motorsports. I'm talking about Super series, MRC, .. including grassroots events like dragbattle, GRA and R3time attack...etc.

Its tough enough that drivers cant get sponsored today, but even tougher for people who organise these events to get sponsors to keep running. Without motorsports growth in Malaysia, it will be harder for us to have our next "karam".
Thumbs up Gary!

hooligan74

Feb 21, 2006
faisal said:
*YAWN*

Anyways, at his age he should have the good grace to Retire, like Carlos Sainz, Tommi Makk, Juha Kankunen et all. He is I believe from the same generation as these great drivers.

It's much better to be remembered as a Group N World Champion ....
Do note that none of our local drivers are able to match up to Karam. He is still the best rally driver in Malaysia and cannot be beaten in equal machinery.

Also....Karam is rallying against "current generation" drivers in China, keeping his pace right up there with them and beating them in the stages.

Martin Rowe was the 2003 PWRC Champion, is 33 years old, is Karam's team mate in China and Karam is as fast as him. Competition also includes Juha Salo (current Finnish champion - 27 years old)), Alister McRae, etc. surely they are current enough?

My point is that Karamjit should not be forgotten, not yet please.

waikiki

500 RPM
Mar 16, 2004
Damansara, PJ
Visit site
I wonder, does he have plans to run a rallying school somehow later thru the years!! .
It would sure be damn interesting then... learnin from him...

My Salute & Bow , SIR KARAMJIT

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
But hooligan, no one has forgotten him. i think everyone knows who he is, and what he has achieved, no one can take that away from him. its just unfortunate, corp. malaysia in general, is not all interested in motorsports at the moment. In fact, he has already gone and done whats best for himself, and that is to use his credentials to land himself a drive with foreign backing rather than sit in Malaysia, and try to land a large sponsorship deal here.

my point is, we should all be looking at the bigger picture on malaysian motorsports as a whole, and not just at one driver. I can tell you, there are many people who are working very hard behind the scenes to help grow motorsports in malaysia from the grassroots, but get no recognition, and also make no attempts to gain recognition. These are the people I admire the most. Do you know who they are?

This year, someone, who 2 years ago would never have thought he will be racing in the biggest race in the region, who only until a couple of months ago, was racing in grassroots events in a carpark, was picked, and then given full sponsorship, including testing and training. This driver ended up on the podium in his first race ever, in the largest race in the region.

This is what we need to see more off. Drivers given a chance because of their talent, and not because of who they know, and how much money they have.

Jaspal_js@9970

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
Guys,he is currently leaving to race for a team in china.I think they will give him more support than what our local hooligans gave him.It is sad that a guy with so much of capabilities is denied of what he deserves.This is one of the reasons why highly intelligient or highly professionals leave the country for a better future abroad,no doubts about being a second class citizen,but if you prove yourself,you will be acknoledged.Thats my individual opinion on the matter.

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
i dont really agree with what you're saying jaspal.

M.Schumacher is German. He lives in Monaco, races for an italian team. his main sponsors aren't german companies. Does that make him any less German? is he considered a loss to germany?

by saying what you're saying, you are denying all the good years that Karam has had in his career. Supported by local mechanics, local race management, local companies who have sponsored him to the tune of millions.. remember, he became world champion while sponsored by malaysian companies.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
instead of only supporting and knowing the flying sikh, which I respect, I just don't understand why aren't you guys taking a better step towards motorracing. Time attacks and Gymkhanas are dirt cheap races to start with.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all sifus out there :) ,i need ur help about bushing..from wat i know, theres also a pu bushing..?how much is it,for satria gti?and where can i find it?of coz with installation lah.. :P ..thank you!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience