K&N original cleaning kit

Getz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
Where can I get those? No time go looking around leh. Help much appreciate. Thanks in advance.

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Getz said:
Where can I get those? No time go looking around leh. Help much appreciate. Thanks in advance.
last time i bought at jln ipoh spare part shop (near sentosa hospital... cost abt rm60...
have to order summo... they say dis 1 'tak laku' cos expensive... ppl buy cheaper 1s...cost rm10-15 only... stil can do a gud job... just alil can last last for months...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
we have discussed this earlier...

DIY clean de KNN filter... use dish washing liquid plus water to clean... then re-oil using engine oil or ATF oil...

i planning to do dat soon...

eddie368

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
brothers got sell liao... but i oso use knn filter but cleaning using cheaper brand.. like Kw

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i guess cleaning using ANY liquid would do
the liquid they using is actually used in air-con shop
they was ur aircon stuff with a red carer liquid mar
as for the oil , i tink KW oil also should do
the oil is just to catch the dirt when air flows threw it

Getz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Actually cleaning it is not a major problem. Headache part is when reoiling it back. Need to look for spray type instead of pouring one.

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
this morning i sent my car for MUT...and the mechanic said that I do not need to reoil my K&N filter as it would catch dust and dirt onto the filter.

SIAO!! i didn't bother to argue with that bugger....

if we do not want dust and dirt to stick onto the filter...might as well we take away the air filter. RIght? hahaha!

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
KNN type of filter need to have oil as a medium to trap dirt.... if no oil.. de filtration is very bad.... n it is quite similar using no filter i think....

that bugger duno anything... no need to teach him n make him so clever... he think he is better than KNN's engineer??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Okay, this morning i wake up i just realise that my civic hatch, which is already 17 years old next year counted.
there is a small part of bubble( karat i think) starting to popped out, and i know that it will infect the others. so i call my mech la.. so he tell me, "to be honest la, i also told u already, if the body old liao, rust sure will appear.. den will got hole come out if more worst. if wan to fix leh, u grind it out, cover with wad... den wad... den spray... who knows, mayb half...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience