Just Wrap my Headers!

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore

Took me almost 3hrs to wrap the headers and I was unable to remove the header due to the UR under brace bar blocking the header.

But results are pretty good. I can feel slight gain in power.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
u DIY while the header is still IN the car??

respect!

though im sure it can be alot neater if the headers were removed.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
:adore::adore:

Is it supposed to be that colour?

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Bro, your exhaust manifold is stainless steel ?
now..it is safe to wrap stainless steel..

u can use drive shaft boot clip to tie your "mummified" headers :)

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
u DIY while the header is still IN the car??

respect!

though im sure it can be alot neater if the headers were removed.
Yes, diy while its still in the car. Thats why I needed 3hrs. Had to jack up the car and climb under.

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Nice job! Definitely respect your determination to get the job done. What is your ride, if you don't mind sharing?

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
ITs stainless steel.
which brand is your extractor?
if its hotbits, i know for sure they dont want you to wrap it.. it will become brittle and you'll get a gaping hole when water creeps in between the wrap.. saw it happen to another forumer in another forum.. cant recall, it was last year.. anyways.. i use to use hotbits full sytem myself and speedworks told me dont wrap it..

anyways, you should check back with the maker of the extractor.. see if they think your header could withstand it being wrapped..

something worth reading:
Century Performance Center, Inc. :: Exhaust Header Heat Wraps - DO NOT USE

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
which brand is your extractor?
if its hotbits, i know for sure they dont want you to wrap it.. it will become brittle and you'll get a gaping hole when water creeps in between the wrap.. saw it happen to another forumer in another forum.. cant recall, it was last year.. anyways.. i use to use hotbits full sytem myself and speedworks told me dont wrap it..

anyways, you should check back with the maker of the extractor.. see if they think your header could withstand it being wrapped..

something worth reading:
Century Performance Center, Inc. :: Exhaust Header Heat Wraps - DO NOT USE
Thanks for the info! I am using works engineering extractor.

I suspect the hole is due to the welding. Cause I did see the quality of the hotbits extractor and the welding is rather poor compared to superstreet and worksengineering.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Nice job! Definitely respect your determination to get the job done. What is your ride, if you don't mind sharing?
Btw I just added second layer of wrap to further insulate the heat. then hammered the heat shield and put it back. its awesome. the car really pulls harder above 3k rpm. the bonnet is now just warm to touch. Not hot.