just bought dc5R

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
Re: just brought dc5R

Replacing them is like a 5 minute thing. Easy, but they are RM500 a pop! used! and theres 2! So if both need replacing, thats RM1000! And then theres no warranty/gurantee they'll last...

Mun lee doesn't have them. Last time when i called they quoted me RM200 each, and they said they had 6/7 in stock... i was like "OK, i'll take them all" :biggrin: ... sampai-sampai, they were Stream o2 sensors! Small, cannot use!

Just go to any mechanic who has a diagnostic tool. See what error codes come out. P1166 and P1167 are the error codes for the o2 sensors. For others error codes just google or some diag tools will even display what the error codes are all about...

bzen

Known Member
Sep 10, 2010
nilai

hi.massive infusion,do u hv anywher can get cheaper.? RM 500 expensive.anyone can recommend?/

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com

hi.massive infusion,do u hv anywher can get cheaper.? RM 500 expensive.anyone can recommend?/
have you checked it yet? dont go out and buy a replacement if you havent checked whether thats the real problem.

RM500 is not spare change to throw around!!

bzen

Known Member
Sep 10, 2010
nilai

problem solve....thanks all guys give me suggestion about the O2 sensor...i just go to JC Racing to check it out..but i confuse 1 things.....jc racing mostly expert for honda but his
diagnostic tool pug in my car..can't reading ......try and try...lastly need help from another fren shop using their diagnostic tools to check it out...ya..is the Primary O2 sensor gone,,,
RM 930 (new)not including installation......

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

is the time changing engine oil....almost all u guys using wht kind of engine oil....

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008

problem solve....thanks all guys give me suggestion about the O2 sensor...i just go to JC Racing to check it out..but i confuse 1 things.....jc racing mostly expert for honda but his
diagnostic tool pug in my car..can't reading ......try and try...lastly need help from another fren shop using their diagnostic tools to check it out...ya..is the Primary O2 sensor gone,,,
RM 930 (new)not including installation......

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

is the time changing engine oil....almost all u guys using wht kind of engine oil....
lol, i thought my car problem last time coz jcracing use their dyno tool and plug into my car to check error code coz i was having cel on too last time..but they cant detect anything, so not sure whats the error code..maybe their tool having problem?

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor

See... i wasn't kidding when i said get hondata and just by-pass them (if ur CEL are o2 sensors laa), as you can get a used k100 for around RM2300-2500 now...
Yes, and the average lifespan is around 110K - 130K KM, before it starts to malfunction. Minivan, if use Mugen ECU instead of Hondata?

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005

See... i wasn't kidding when i said get hondata and just by-pass them (if ur CEL are o2 sensors laa), as you can get a used k100 for around RM2300-2500 now...
i'm with minivan on this.

RM1k for a replacement O2 sensor that does NOTHING for you... might as well save up and get Hondata to bypass them and get a nice HP boost at the same time. :)

Motul 300V 10W-40 :biggrin:

my personal fave...but an extreme pain on the wallet.

bzen

Known Member
Sep 10, 2010
nilai

how much per liter motul 300V 10w-40?

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Ron95 petrol can use in dc5 R??

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

got another brand engine oil situable for dc5......

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005

how much per liter motul 300V 10w-40?

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Ron95 petrol can use in dc5 R??

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

got another brand engine oil situable for dc5......
1. its usually RM185 - RM190 for 2 liters.

2. you can use it. the ecu will just "detune" the engine to match the lower Ron level. you've already bought a DC5... feed it with only the best. :biggrin:

3. you can use any brand of engine oil. its really up to your preference.. Mobil 1, Redline, etc. etc.

bzen

Known Member
Sep 10, 2010
nilai

any guys know the price of original new facelift DC5R headlamp??

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

wht should i do b4 install hondata k-100.anyone hv experience??

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005

any guys know the price of original new facelift DC5R headlamp??

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

wht should i do b4 install hondata k-100.anyone hv experience??
you can get new headlamps at Exceptional in Glenmarie. I think they're roughly RM1.5k per piece. expensive!

you should get all your bolt on mods done first before getting tuned, intake/header/exhaust... retunes are RM300 at JC Racing if you add more mods in the future.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

if you earn more than RM2500 per month and you don't have commitment yes you can buy "lancer" or your dream car.

how about people earn less than that and got a lot of commitment can they buy?
All Malaysian citizen can not run from Proton expenses laa... even U buy others car like Honda, Toyota, BMW, Merc & etc.. the expenses still incurred in your new car... That why Proton never care about their product interm of Cost vs Quality coz we as Malaysian...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience