• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site

Happy New Year! The Dragon Year beckons a fresh start with (hopefully) more prosperity and happiness to every automotive enthusiast. After a few days of celebration and joyous gatherings, a few, well.. apparently 33 car owners, shook off their hangover and braved the early morning start to gather for some uphill breakfast.

As before, everybody congregated at the starting point as early as 6.30am. This time it's not all Skylines, but a mixture of JDM goodness such as A31 Cefiros, Silvias, an Evo X, a Mark II, a GC and GE/GH Subaru, a 6th generation Celica, an Altezza, an Altis and a Proton Putra to add some local flavour.

We also had a guest coming all the way from Adelaide, Normsta who is a member of Skylines Australia online forum who is in town to experience the Malaysian taugeh and other automotive goodness. Several others also brought along their cameras and much shooting was done.

Usually we could see around 10 cars, but this time was the second largest group I've convoyed uphill in (the largest was 40+ cars). The weather was superb, the roads are dry and traffic was acceptable. It would turn out to be a good day indeed.

It has been a while since I went uphill, a couple of weeks at least as the Christmas, new year and CNY holidays were back to back. But that didn't stop others to regularly ply the roads uphill for some taugeh fun.

It's nice to see several Nissan R32s coming out for some fun. A certain black one is powered by an road-registered RB30 while another sports the drifter look as the driver is obviously also a drifter. I had problems going up in the two short stages as my intercooler hose came off; it was normally aspirated all the way! To share some thoughts on NA vs Turbo; Turbo wins everytime. Lol.

You don't see much of these 6th generation Celicas on the road. The round headlights gave the car a distinctive look. The owner of this example is one of the many taugeh kakis in attendance, mightily fast but safe driver.

Bright colours work well on supercars; Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Porsches to name a few. But this orange monster carried the orange-black theme very well. It filled me with great awe that these Evos can munch up twisty roads at speed without a hint of oversteer while I was at the borders of having the tail out most of the time.

As we stopped for a breather after the end of the first stage, some came out of their cars with cameras blazing. These guys never tire of talking about cars and checking out the other cars. Women have their handbags, while we men have our cars.

It would be nice to have some ladies in the mix, but most of the time it is a sausage fest (please, no gay connotations here. Most of us are happily married men with a penchant for fast cars :biggrin:).

Nissan A31 Cefiros are a popular platform among car enthusiasts. Being priced relatively cheap while able to be fitted with Silvia and Skyline parts helps a lot. If I were in the market for a 4-door saloon, this would be in my list.

The last of the Skyline GT-Rs, the market price seemed to have plummeted quite a bit recently as their ability to get loans are diminishing fast. Perhaps it would be the best time for those who lust for these beasts to get one for themselves before they require a huge wad of cash to part with their owners. A couple of GT-Rs were in attendance, and were they fast!

We don't condone drifting in public roads, but who would not be tempted to do so when you've got a rear-wheel driven S-chassis. A good number of Silvias were also present for breakfast; and everytime I glance at them it made me miss my previous 180SX. I ❤ Silvia!!! :rofl:

A couple of German cars also joined in the fun. The ever-present Polo GTi and an E36 powered by a 1JZ engine. As the BMW screamed its screamer pipe off while overtaking me (as I had no boost :rofl:), the power of the JZ engine sent shivers through my spine.

Never underestimate the VWs with 1.4 TSI engines. One would think these 1.4 variant pales in comparison with their 2.0 siblings, think again. Unabashedly silent, this Scirocco proved to be a very fast taugeh-eating monster.

The Smurf, sporting a very concave set of wheels. Knock-offs or not, these Rota wheels sure look tasty. Now where did mommy keep my little piggy bank.. :rofl:

The Red Cili Padi and the Black Beast. Not the obvious choice of partners but formidable adversaries nonetheless.

This isn't a scene from a used car dealer, no sirree. This is where monsters rest while their riders get a round of roti telur and teh tarik. The parking lot can easily fit in more cars, while the lot on the other side can fit in some more. A popular breakfast spot among both drivers and bikers, the cool weather and the crowd of like-minded enthusiasts really completes our early Sunday mornings.

Bright wheels were the order of the day. Some may cringe on the thought of having their wheels in these colours, but to each their own. I kinda like these bright wheels; a good offset and matching body colour would definitely be awesome.

After breakfast, we adjourned close to 12 noon, with Normsta totally drained his GoPro HD battery and maxed out his memory cards. We hoped that our guest from Adelaide had a good time eating taugeh Malaysian style though I must confess, the drive wasn't as quick as usual (we needed Barney, the midnight purple BCNR33 to do that :biggrin:). Nonetheless, the group had fun driving their cars and enjoyed the company of other car nuts.

Till the next run boys..

For more pictures and coverage, head on over to Awesome Powered through this link JDM Sunday Uphill Breakfast | Awesome Powered

Attachments

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
Wow, Nice Sunday Drive there. Sad taht I don't have JDM /RWD car to join u guys

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
last pic i saw a bucket seat on the roof of the skyline...

amirmambo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Subang Jaya
What happened to the Orange Evo on that drive ?? After the 1st stage he was out already and turned back..It was a great experience,thank you to the Skyline Owners Club :biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Very nice pictures and review man... Envy you guys there... So you got some unfiltered NA power! Ouch!

By the way, is that flat black R34 Pimpin's one?

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
What happened to the Orange Evo on that drive ?? After the 1st stage he was out already and turned back..It was a great experience,thank you to the Skyline Owners Club :biggrin:
Some technical problem. Hopefully the monster will be up and running soon. :top:

Abam Tem, Barney now tempang lah... :biggrin:
Tempang also still a monstah. Don't be deceived by its cute name! :rofl:

By the way, is that flat black R34 Pimpin's one?
[PIMPIN] sat out on this one. His car is at the spa getting a facial. :biggrin:

Thanks abg Tem...maybe a track day next perhaps
Got trackday this Saturday bang. Come come... :driver:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
thanks to Temujin for organizing such nice event...2 thumbs up for u!!!

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
thx Temujin for the write-up and the pix!

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Wow nice convoy with nice rides.. the kid surely needs a recaro bucket sit for the last pic.. hehe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

alo..sori make noise here...
my aircond got prblm...when i wanna topup my aircond,the shop told me that i have to change compressor...as i know,if the compressor konked,there is no blow air right?but my car still blow the air but not cold...anybody can give advice?thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience