Jasma hi-cams.

N/A secret

Known Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
Should i install a Jasma hi-cam inside my wira 1.6 4g92p auto sohc? does this modification needs other parts upgrades too...does it have bad effects? what should i consider like the degree or something? sorry sifus and bros noobie here..:adore:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
should or not depends on how power-hungry u are...
adjustable campulley is recommended to install together with highcam to tune the powerband.... adjustable fuel pressure regulator is also recommended but aint deemed necessary yet...
as per any other high profile camshaft, low end power will be slightly affected (approx 1k-2k)... but the gain above 4krpm is worth it...
if not mistaken there is only 1 profile which jasma currently offering for 4g92p... 286deg profile is just about the limit for normal street use... u will get slightly lumpy yet menacing idle...

N/A secret

Known Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
thanks for replying bro, but if i just installed the highcam? can or not? or it will cause damage to the engine? and one more thing bro does it plug and play or need some time to done the modification? usually will cause how much labor price bro?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
check the cam spec sheet first...particularly if there any increase in the lift...stock valve spring have limit of how much lift they can handle...if there a big jump in lift (let say from 7mm to 10mm lift) from stock cams...you might need to change the valve spring and all other related component for reliablity sake...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
from what i know 'JASMA' Japan doesn't produce a camshaft or any other performance part..

it's just a 'cap ayam' camshaft u r going to install..

it's not recommended..

try brand from Toda, Tomei, TRD, Spool imports, etc

Gudluck :biggrin:

N/A secret

Known Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
check the cam spec sheet first...particularly if there any increase in the lift...stock valve spring have limit of how much lift they can handle...if there a big jump in lift (let say from 7mm to 10mm lift) from stock cams...you might need to change the valve spring and all other related component for reliablity sake...
okay bro will do, thanks:wavey:

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Thanks bro d7zul, if i were to install a hicam, adjustable cam pulley is a must?

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
To optimize the high cams, you definitely need a lot more mods to go with it. Adj. cam pulley, spring/valve/retainer, high comp pistons, engine management (most important IMO), etc2.....if you can't do it all of it in one go, better wait first la..

N/A secret

Known Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
To optimize the high cams, you definitely need a lot more mods to go with it. Adj. cam pulley, spring/valve/retainer, high comp pistons, engine management (most important IMO), etc2.....if you can't do it all of it in one go, better wait first la..
i guess i have to wait first la haha..thanks bro..what can i do besides then changing into hicams? i have done most of the basic modification but dont know what to upgrade again:confused:

usb

1,000 RPM
Jun 10, 2008
SBN / BANGI
www.facebook.com
change to manual transmission first bro, then only think of other mods.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
never heard bad news about jasma cam
or...only me do not know

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yup..jasma cam not really that bad in material....performance wise maybe not much gain compared to other "properly engineered" performance cam...

and some of my friend says quite ok in midrange power up...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
from what i heard, the jasma brand is from Kuantan, Pahang..

some say it's from thailand :dontknow:

they have machine to cut, weld, spray, etc..

it's only metal ma, "panjang potong, pendek tambah" :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I decided to install a K&N air filter on my 1.3 Wira Injection, and I have a question before I put in one.What is the difference between standard slot K&N with an OEM one?I know open pod one can give u short range pickup but not long pickup.If I choose to put in standard slot K&N it will give any diff.or not?TQ
PS:I'm not a policeman.Dun worry with me.Just my avatar.:smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience