SA70 also got replica...18inches some more...saw one in a GTT

artworkz

Jul 3, 2008
Desmond regamasters say "made in russia"...:biggrin:

Another way to spot an ori japan rim is to look for a "JAWA"(Japananese Automotive Wheel Assosiation) sticker, most big japan rim companies are "JAWA" approved & usually have this sticker on their rims. (JAWA is like JASMA but for wheel manufacturers).
gt some original 5zigen, work rim hv JAWA sticker but actually is made in taiwan. i have work in sg b4. i saw alot of rim. even the some enkei is made in same factory with advanti (malaysia/taiwan/china).
if replica rim even is cop made in japan then dun beleive lah. if brand like works , 5zigen etc is oni hv japan word den u muz understand is not made in japan but this rim is really original n oso gt standard.
i use works, is original but not made in japan.

some tip for ppl looking ori japan enkei rim, the rim cap must be use allen key to tight. if the rim hv yellow or pink sticker den the rim is made in malaysia.

lamedrvr

Jan 20, 2010
art, enkei made in malaysia got the same quality as the japs or not? are they copyrighted or completely imitation? you see, like JRD, is actually from malaysia, but got QC approval from germany, so they got 'germany' engraved on it. if that's the case, then it is not so bad la to buy malaysian or taiwan made enkei eh? i'm using JRD sport rims for 11 years now...and still very reliable! :proud:

i heard that it is not a good move to buy Taiwan made rims- danz said majority are heavy, but some say they are as light as (quite la, if not as light as...) japs rims, but easily cracked! so, is it true?

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
art, enkei made in malaysia got the same quality as the japs or not? are they copyrighted or completely imitation? you see, like JRD, is actually from malaysia, but got QC approval from germany, so they got 'germany' engraved on it. if that's the case, then it is not so bad la to buy malaysian or taiwan made enkei eh? i'm using JRD sport rims for 11 years now...and still very reliable! :proud:

i heard that it is not a good move to buy Taiwan made rims- danz said majority are heavy, but some say they are as light as (quite la, if not as light as...) japs rims, but easily cracked! so, is it true?
U know... Immitation and Copyright is different...

Immitation is when Buddy Club P1 is replicated by K-speed K1 or 6-spoked rim dat similar to P1 but U dont even know the brand and where it made from...

Copyright is when a Japanese(or intarnational) brand company outsource from developing countries such as Taiwan/Thailand/M'sia/ and manufactures the product under license. It is globally about controlling labour and raw material cost.. In this case U have Enkei RP01 Taiwan and Enkei RP01 Japan... Both are genuine but the originality stated at the back of rims.... I can say that Germany had given license to Malaysia to manufacture those JRD rims... yet still ori. (the kilang is somewhere in Rawang I think....)

U simply cannot say Honda City CKD assemble in Melaka is immitation only bcoz it is locally made...

artworkz

Jul 3, 2008

malaysia enkei is original. just made in malaysia. for quality i not sure coz i dun have lab do testing. but as i notice normal taiwan or malaysia alloy rim is Ok for normal used. as easy crack i think even oz or rays oso ll bent or crack if u hit a hole or stone.

nail917

Jun 15, 2010
penang
hi guys i am urgently finding for enkei rims 15 inch for my wira??my budget is around600++ second hand or enkei malaysia rims also can..plz get back 2 me.... thx

lamedrvr

Jan 20, 2010
dear nail917..,

have you checked how much is the price if new?

i think it is also time for me to change rims. oh one more thing - correct me if i'm wrong sifus! enkei malaysia, must be cheaper than those from japs, right? where can i get them (new)? kedai papan klang, ada ke?

artworkz

Jul 3, 2008
juz take advanti racing from malaysia, same factory, same machine, maybe same material. 15" 1set around 1-1.3k, depend paint n model.

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Anyone experience buying an original Advan RS 17"/18" but no Made in Japan?

hye everyone...I'm driving campro 1.6 engine...so here is my problem...2days ago i already convert my clutch kit using 1.8...my new clutch cover is double diagfram...1st day installation = problem, cannot enter any gear, it's stuck...after do some adjustment "bagi tinggi clutch" then ok but that same problem occur on day 2...my pomen already do some modified on clutch pump but he said "Bro jangka hayat clutch ko x lma nie bro cuz da adjust bearing bersentuh ngan clutch cover"...he suspect da...