J’s Racing president arrested on murder charge

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006
crz.JPG

The tuning world has been rocked by news that the president of J’s Racing, Junichi Umemoto, has been arrested on attempted murder charges that stemmed from a bizarre late night incident that could have been avoided had he not attempted to flee the scene.

The incident in question took place on the night of 22 January in Osaka. Police alleged that the incident started with Umemoto brushing a pedestrian with his car, and then thinking that it was a serious incident, tried to flee the scene. The pedestrian that had been brushed, 39 year old Eiji Fujikawa, then tried to stop Umemoto from fleeing by jumping onto the car and grabbing onto the mirror.

<object id="FiveminPlayer" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" height="355" width="600"><embed name="FiveminPlayer" src="http://embed.5min.com/516940585/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="window" height="355" width="600"></object>

Umemoto kept driving off at speed and about 100 meters later, Fujikawa released his grip and fell to the road, severely fracturing his skull and was admitted to the hospital in critical condition, where he later succumbed to his injuries.

A visibly shaken Umemoto was reported to have said that he was afraid of the repercussions and kept on driving, adding that he didn’t mean to kill Fujikawa.

Police investigations haven’t yet determined if alcohol was a factor in the incident but regardless, serious ramifications are at hand for Umemoto, regarded as one of Japan’s premier Honda tuners and an able racer himself having clocked up more than 100 races in his time.

Such is the severity of the situation that the makers of the Hot Version DVD have decided to remove the entire Honda CR-Z Battle segment from volume 109 of the Hot Version DVD in which Umemoto and the J’s Racing CR-Z competed.

Source: 7Tune

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
This kind of case also got :stupid:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
coz most japan tuner started all from street racing..thus the skills of tuning from the surrounding....even great name sometimes cannot resist the urge to go back to where their roots...street racing! :biggrin: especially when tuning street performance car... :biggrin: :driver:

but accident does happens and maybe panic or could be anything results him to do that :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

coz most japan tuner started all from street racing..thus the skills of tuning from the surrounding....even great name sometimes cannot resist the urge to go back to where their roots...street racing! :biggrin: especially when tuning street performance car... :biggrin: :driver:

but accident does happens and maybe panic or could be anything results him to do that :hmmmm:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wah what a bizarre story! Almost as bizarre as the story when Gembala was murdered by a mob.
Anyway, very poor judgments from both parties (one to flee the scene, and one to try hanging on the car!)

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
That Gembala case - he pissed off some Mafia dudes, and he paid the price for it. This is indeed very bizarre, and downright silly thing to do.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
This is really weird....

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
the pedestrian also stupid, go jump on the car for wat? watch too many hero movies edi.
true! if i were the guy, i'd just lay down instead of jump on it..i mean..who would? seriously?!
either that pedestrian was drunk (may he rest in peace)..or he watched so many Rajinikanth movie..:love:

on the other hand...if i were Umemoto, i'd stop and save that guy no matter what....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
if somebody jumped on my car windshield of course i'll step on it.. cause who knows if he is trying to murder me!