is it enable reduce 12v to 1.5v?

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
just now i go to pasar malam,i saw a LED stuff like the branded PIAA 6 LED in line and cost around rm400,it plastic quite bright n got 2 option,1 is flashing and others is keep it on,5 LED in line,the purpose of this thing is let others ppl mention and its can bang at ur head,i just wonder wheither its can mod to car bumper which its using 3 AAA battery inside(1.5v) and car is 12v,can mod it?i c the price around rm20 still can nego i think,some 1 pls help me solve this problem

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
To reduce voltage to 3V from 12V (esp for LEDs), just put a 1k ohm resistor on the positive side. Or you can also use 330 ohm.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
de pasar malam thing with LED is using 3 batteries... but r u sure it is 1.5V?? dats true if it connects in parallel...

but i think it connect in series.. making 4.5V..

u mean u wanto use dat whole thing on ur bumper? well u can try n use 470 ohm 0.5W resistor connect in series then connect to ur car power supply... if too bright... use 1K ohm

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
So,... u want to reduce the 12V car battery power supply to 4.5V...????
Easy... use a 5V voltage regulator.
part no of the ic is 7805.

what u need:
7805 power regulator ic.
470mF 25V capacitor
47mF 16V capacitor.

Want a precise 4.5V...???
no problem... use LM317T... but it's more complicated to built.

How to contruct?
See me... i'll show u how.

Do not use the serial resistor configuration as what been suggested by our friend... That is just a current limiting configuration which will surely fry your electronics. Unless... if u only want to light up the led directly using the 12V supply... yes u can drop the current by using a 1k2 resistor connect in series.

How to calculate?
Again... see me.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
cipan_supercas,

yes.. ur method also good.. but need more cost n time to build it...

it is not 470mF 25V and 47mF 16V capacitor... it is 470uf n 47uf..

"m"represents milli.. where "u" represents mikro.. actually "u" also wrong.. bcos we cant use de symbol "miu" in text.. so we use "u" B)

btw.. i dun think u need perfectly accurate 4.5v for de LED thing.. 5V also wil do... not much different from de margin..

votech

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.votechperformance.com.my
Originally posted by cipan_supercas@Mar 14 2005, 07:32
So,... u want to reduce the 12V car battery power supply to 4.5V...????
Easy... use a 5V voltage regulator.
part no of the ic is 7805.

what u need:
7805 power regulator ic.
470mF 25V capacitor
47mF 16V capacitor.

Want a precise 4.5V...???
no problem... use LM317T... but it's more complicated to built.

How to contruct?
See me... i'll show u how.

Do not use the serial resistor configuration as what been suggested by our friend... That is just a current limiting configuration which will surely fry your electronics. Unless... if u only want to light up the led directly using the 12V supply... yes u can drop the current by using a 1k2 resistor connect in series.

How to calculate?
Again... see me.
this is the most reliable method...although more complicated than using the series current limiting resistor.

by the way "m" is "miu" and not pronounced as "U"...its actually a small letter "m" widely used in science subject.

votech

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.votechperformance.com.my
Originally posted by khguan@Mar 14 2005, 12:56
in sciece subjects.. de letter "m" is refered to milli... not micro..

de caps we use is micro farad... not milli farad... (1000 times bigger u know?)
i think my explaination is same as urs on the "m" thing lah...that's y i say its pronounced as "miu" and not "U". And trust me, i know very well that milli is 1000 times of a micro. ;) and "miu" looks like a small letter "u" and if u type on the keyboard, its small letter "m" which is also not wrong in this case :P

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
ok... i get wat u mean... n wat u r trying to say...

anyway.. de character is "µ" dat represents micro.. n de symbol is pronouced as "miu" rite?

off topic liao.. :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The CRZ has not made it to Malaysian shores yet but renowned Honda tuner has already revealed its range of styling upgrades for the new car in the UK.

The upgrades will be sold as a part of Mugen's 'Hybrid Advanced Sports' range and the styling changes include aerodynamic body kits, a new rear spoiler and diffuser and new alloy wheel options...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience