Is it advisable to do so...

Kim Jong Un

Jan 8, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi , guys . Is it advisable to get a 1993-2003 Mitsubishi Lancer as a first car? I have been saving up money since young and in a couple months , I'm gonna get my driving license . And I think of maybe buying this car at the end of this year without any sponsorship from my parents . Please guys , not bashing , I am sorry if I offended u or my question is really stupid .

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
A 10+ year old car for a first car? Mate - you sound like a decent chap and you're definitely young since you don't have your license yet. I'd be smart and buy new because something that old will have loads of things that need fixing unless you know the owner and history of the car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A 10 year old car is ok but 1993 is 20 years old dy.
Better off getting a Wira, lots of parts, or get a newer smaller car

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
For that range of years, the only Lancer you can get are either those Wira based Lancer MX (CB chassis series) or Lancer CK or Lancer Cedia... Or are you talking about converted Lancer Evolution from Lancer CK?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Are you into the sake of DIY, self discovery and troubleshooting. Else get a new car.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
or for the sake of "not-enuf-budget"?

If one had no budget limitation, I bet everyone would go for hyper-car with turbine engine, if they were ever sold.

Kim Jong Un

Jan 8, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
A 10+ year old car for a first car? Mate - you sound like a decent chap and you're definitely young since you don't have your license yet. I'd be smart and buy new because something that old will have loads of things that need fixing unless you know the owner and history of the car.
I have also thot of getting a Satria GTi and do an 4g93t swap and so I thot, I might as well get a Lancer since both of them are gonne have the same engine. Furthermore , my friend said that Lancer parts are cheap. At least , that's what he said.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

lancer evolution? which 1?
For that range of years, the only Lancer you can get are either those Wira based Lancer MX (CB chassis series) or Lancer CK or Lancer Cedia... Or are you talking about converted Lancer Evolution from Lancer CK?
Lancer Ck :driver:

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Are you into the sake of DIY, self discovery and troubleshooting. Else get a new car.
I'm into DIY but I only know how to do the little things.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

A 10 year old car is ok but 1993 is 20 years old dy.
Better off getting a Wira, lots of parts, or get a newer smaller car
Are Lancer CK parts really that hard to get?

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

If one had no budget limitation, I bet everyone would go for hyper-car with turbine engine, if they were ever sold.
I've save roughly 35k+

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

---DOUBLE POST---

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I have also thot of getting a Satria GTi and do an 4g93t swap and so I thot, I might as well get a Lancer since both of them are gonne have the same engine. Furthermore , my friend said that Lancer parts are cheap. At least , that's what he said.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Lancer Ck :driver:

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I'm into DIY but I only know how to do the little things.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Are Lancer CK parts really that hard to get?

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I've save roughly 35k+

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

---DOUBLE POST---
For Lancer CK, you need the newer terbalik type of 4G93T. That engine is slightly cheaper than the older versions of 4G93T presumably due to less demand. Not so sure about the availability of parts for this newer 4G93T though...

I suggest Satria GTI
But that car is a thief magnet as well...

Kim Jong Un

Jan 8, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Local Wira sometimes look for Lancer chop parts, so they should share some same parts, then no need worry so much on the parts
For Lancer CK, you need the newer terbalik type of 4G93T. That engine is slightly cheaper than the older versions of 4G93T presumably due to less demand. Not so sure about the availability of parts for this newer 4G93T though...

But that car is a thief magnet as well...
So... Do u think a 17 year old will be able to own and maintain a Lancer CK? :biggrin:

Kim Jong Un

Jan 8, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
With 35k can own it, but is the maintenance you have to worry about.....
It runs on 4g93t so I guess I can just use ron95 , then gas wouldn't be a problem . And like I've said , the CK share lots of parts with Wira so that wouldn't be a problem as well , no?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I want thank everyone who replied to my thread , u guys are really helpful :adore: