Involuntarily volunteered experiment

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Izso, let me guess Drex force u to test it? Hahahaha...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thanks for this test and review bro... This have been a topic of dispute for a long time... I never believed in this shit. I thought that it will never work unless if it is located at the intake ports just before entering the combustion chamber.

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
Ya,ya...thanks for the 'MYTHBUSTER' kind of test...so then, the usage of surbo thingy could increase the hp is BUSTED...:congrats:

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
That thing looks more "garang" if you had a pair mounted to your tail pipe. Will look like rocket! Extra -10hp boost...

God knows how many people out there have been $uckered by such contraption. The "feeling" is all in the mind.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'll do it more scientifically the next time I'm forced fed something else.

Like this intervener's "Air charger". I'm very curious to know how it works and if it was so great, why haven't car manufacturers introduced it as OEM since nowadays emissions is a big deal, petrol prices are going up and everyone goes all out for power without sacrificing FC.

If he/she is willing to donate one contraption for my unscientific dissecting I'll promise to review it as unbiased as possible.

Titan : Drex's handiwork is really top notch eh? Even the crappy stuff he makes it look good..... LOL

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Oh btw, my car choked initially at cold startup because Siemens VDO cars start off rich when cold starting. Apparently this is normal so since not enough air due to the gadget, it was asthmatic.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
i love the Mythbuster thingy, busting all those crap products. ZTH must set up a team for that.
Izso..u'll be Jamie Hyneman.

alpina

Apr 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I took the air charger and bolted to my exhaust to make a turbocharger, it gave me 100Hp :withstupid:, I even overtook a Ferrari in a traffic jam :driver:
Tomorrow i am going to buy another to make Twin turbo, maybe can overtake Bugatti next time...:stupid:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i love the Mythbuster thingy, busting all those crap products. ZTH must set up a team for that.
Izso..u'll be Jamie Hyneman.
Actually that's a pretty good idea. I wonder if Tom will approve it. Let me cross it with him and see

keegs

Oct 15, 2010
Miri/ Sarawak
why haven't car manufacturers introduced it as OEM since nowadays emissions is a big deal, petrol prices are going up and everyone goes all out for power without sacrificing FC.
Hi guys, IMO car manufacturers dont supply aftermarket products. hence the word "aftermarket". if this is the case, then why dont "most" car manufacturers equip cars (for example) with chassis strengthening bar as standard rather then as an option? or any aftermarkt products that works for that matter.

its all a question of cost reduction.

im no believer in this kind of devices, but i am using 1 (Air Charger) and hav yet to find any disadvantages be it in FC, HP or NM. tho im not singing praises to whether it works.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Like we all know..

for power, u need :

- more air
- more fuel
- more spark..

those thing just 'choke' the air coming into the engine.. thus, loosing power & fuel too..

the Ram-Air Revelations posted by Izso is better :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi guys, IMO car manufacturers dont supply aftermarket products. hence the word "aftermarket". if this is the case, then why dont "most" car manufacturers equip cars (for example) with chassis strengthening bar as standard rather then as an option? or any aftermarkt products that works for that matter.

its all a question of cost reduction.

im no believer in this kind of devices, but i am using 1 (Air Charger) and hav yet to find any disadvantages be it in FC, HP or NM. tho im not singing praises to whether it works.
I humbly disagree. If manufacturers took up building these extra things into their cars it would no longer be aftermarket and be OEM instead! Higher spec cars such as Beemers, Golf GTI and all have battery conditioners built into their electronics. Sound familiar? Yes.. Voltage Stabilizers and battery life extenders. That's a technology they've decided to incorporate into their cars so it's not aftermarket for them, it's OEM.

Strengthening bars isn't exactly the best way to stiffen a chassis. If I were a car manufacturer and had mass production assembly lines, while building the chassis I'd have the robots weld a few extra spots for chassis strengthening, rather than bolting on some bars that add on to overall weight. Kinda like what Proton did with the C99 chassis and R3 with the Satria R3. Spot welded by the manufacturer.

So again the discussion comes back to why didn't the manufacturers pick up this technology?

Last edited:

keegs

Oct 15, 2010
Miri/ Sarawak
I humbly disagree. If manufacturers took up building these extra things into their cars it would no longer be aftermarket and be OEM instead! Higher spec cars such as Beemers, Golf GTI and all have battery conditioners built into their electronics. Sound familiar? Yes.. Voltage Stabilizers and battery life extenders. That's a technology they've decided to incorporate into their cars so it's not aftermarket for them, it's OEM.

Strengthening bars isn't exactly the best way to stiffen a chassis. If I were a car manufacturer and had mass production assembly lines, while building the chassis I'd have the robots weld a few extra spots for chassis strengthening, rather than bolting on some bars that add on to overall weight. Kinda like what Proton did with the C99 chassis and R3 with the Satria R3. Spot welded by the manufacturer.

So again the discussion comes back to why didn't the manufacturers pick up this technology?
Noted and i agree with your statement. That is why i have mentioned it's about the cost of production and whether car manufacturers are willing to invest in R&D for thousands if not millions in a technology that will only have little gain in performance needless to say better FC.

I appreciate your opinion.:top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday my tyre 'boom' while drive along the north south highway...So...May i knoe wat the accual speed can spare tyre handle...i drive Waja and the spare tyre is god damn small.therefore i maintain at 80-90km/h till i reach my destination....:X-:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience