Insulation and sound dampening

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wanting your thoughts and suggestions on making the 7 more quiet and comfy. What have you done to make the ride more comfortable in terms of NHS reduction?

Ive read that you can do foam injection & sound dampening mats. What are your thoughts and which shop would you recommend to get it done?

MyWifeCar

Known Member
Jun 19, 2009
Puchong, Sgor
Yes, the car foaming help. But it is only applicable to chasis, for doors and floors... You will still need to do sound dampening and sound proofing.

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
ah....k dude, any idea which shop i can get this done ? and the rough costing?

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Dude,

One word of advice and I'm not being sarcastic.

I have tried everything, shit loads of dynamat, silicone insulators etc and the car still squeaks. The fitting of the plastics and the overall lack of build quality (i.e. the use of cheap plastic/metal clips) just add to the horrid mix of rat/hamster noises.

Add to the fact that our cars are touching 15 years or more of age.....the NVH is definitely crazy.

I have however recently totally stripped my car (almost to the bone, even scraping the tar off) and guess what...the car squeaks a lot less...this however is a matter of personal opinion.

I find the sound of exhaust, synchros, suspension movement a lot more bearable than interior squeaks. My theory is that no platics = no crap squeaks.

Just my extremely prejudiced 2 cents dude.

Good luck with the NVH

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
hahaha good one !
im not so concerned abt the plastic squeeks as much as the sound from outside coming in ie from tyres, road, wind etc...id like to reduce and possibly eliminate as much as possible. Currently the 7 is rather quiet compared to my Chaser, so no issues on that. But on the idea of upgrading and improving the quality on both cars. Currently the noises i hear on the 7 is caused by worn rear arm bushes and rattles when on rough roads due to cut spring. Looking at acquiring a set of adjustables soon and if cash spares, get the bushes replaced as well.

malimsiao

Known Member
May 5, 2008
agreed with elsm80, i've done my car with sound dampening (rear seats, both doors and rear boot). i do not expect significant effect but im happy with the noise reduction after i installed it, i got about 10-15% noise reduction. FYI, im using 3" straight pipe.

Doors are heavier than before due the sound proof tap are not light, i installed 2 layers for each door and right now the bottom of the doors is damaging my door steps and side skirts because the door "sink" down a little bit due the extra weight added to the door. Any way to solve it?

Some pics for sharing.

Attachments

MyWifeCar

Known Member
Jun 19, 2009
Puchong, Sgor
hi bro malimsiao, I guess you have over did your car door... That's why it is heavier than it should be. May I know what do you mean by double layer/2 layers? You mean layer on layer?

If you wish to reduce further on the sound of the rear, you can try applying insulflex on the board that covers the boot floor...(Cheaper way).

Or you can try using HoodLiner on the board, it is open cell materials and meant for sound reduction. (No element of advert :P, but hope it will help you reduce the noise further.)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im going 2 get an oil catch tank...but i know there are many clon 1....so how 2 see whther is original???

and any suggestion for the brand ....im getting waja campro...so i would like 2 install it ......any suggestion or u all used b4??

and also the price in market..thankssssss :X-: :_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience