Installing grounding wire

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ECU should be well protected. He either touch direct to ECU or some fuses, but then fuses are also protected. So not sure what he did...:hmmmm:
As long as you do not touch anything live (positive terminal) you are okay

I did mine all direct from battery, means from battery to engine, to alternator, to firewall, to TB and to Distributor. 5 cables all leading away from battery negative terminal...:biggrin:

I did mine without removing the +ve terminal. With key ignition off the only thing live is the positive terminal and it won't fry anything...
Means this drag race is not stock wei. All got groundings and volt stabilizer :rofl:

Anyway, ya the Almera ECU fried but did not blame my friend on it. Dunno what happen actually. Just trying to attach the last cable then short circuit.

Mine no need to remove positive terminal as well. Just the negative side.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
as 4 me I did remove both terminal, better to be safe than sorry like SF's fren almera, don't know wether got small leakage @ anything that can bring disaster to a fun d.i.y job.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
as 4 me I did remove both terminal, better to be safe than sorry like SF's fren almera, don't know wether got small leakage @ anything that can bring disaster to a fun d.i.y job.
True also, but best part for our mousedeer, we got no worries on ECU frying LOL! :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yeah that's true but I'm more worried bout my ICE unit even if it's fused:biggrin:
I have no radio yet so far, radio I Have is still the ori kancil one and is already dead haha!
So nothing to worry so far, but I did my corolla without positive terminal remove, now that u reminded me, i might just remove all and do.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
lolz, grounding cable until fried ECU? 1st time heard it:adore:
No idea bro, maybe Almera mia sensitive or all the while got problem. So can't blame anyone.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think one of the grounding wires touched the +ve batt terminal.
You mean the rubber part bro? Means anything have to stay clear off the positive terminal?
By the way bro, how do we actually know we fried the ECU? Any responds from the car then we know?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You mean the rubber part bro? Means anything have to stay clear off the positive terminal?
By the way bro, how do we actually know we fried the ECU? Any responds from the car then we know?
Your Kancil is carburetor, what you worried about? You don't have an ECU. The Altis on the other hand has one so if you fry the ECU, you won't be able to start the car or when the car starts to play Britney Spears songs on full blast out of the blue - confirm blown ECU.

So from what discussed here, better for me to remove both terminals :nurse:
Actually, it's not necessary. Just be very careful to avoid short circuiting the thing. Don't hook it up to positive at the battery or at the alternator or any live wire then you're safe. If you're worried just unplug but even if you do, still make sure you check your connections before connecting and make sure no short-circuit loop.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Your Kancil is carburetor, what you worried about? You don't have an ECU. The Altis on the other hand has one so if you fry the ECU, you won't be able to start the car or when the car starts to play Britney Spears songs on full blast out of the blue - confirm blown ECU.
:rofl: Why u usually relate to my mira :rofl: Yes, worried about the Altis one. Kancil not afraid at all.
Cuz got once I was reconnecting my grounding cables cuz got loosen, then got sparks, gave me a shock and was afraid that I would get something fried. Lucky it is okay.

Just after all these grounding cables and volt stabilizer installed, my engine braking became more obvious.

the copper part dunno wat u call it.
This one?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car: my stock Honda Accord CF0 /S84

Floating feel. Really miss the EG ride feel.
Someone recommend change to sport spring only. Keep the stock absorber.
I am in low budget mode now, any suggestions from bros here?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience