Install intercooler

blmse92

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi bro and forumers.. i am new here..
First time posting here.. i dunno i post the correct sections. but i see car modifications corner. so i post at here..

my saga blm se..
i gonna mod a intercooler on the front grille there.. so will jpj kacau?
i know turbo is illegal in malaysia..
but i didnt install turbo. i just put the intercooler for looks only..
issit okay?

brothers of car pls enlight me..
thanks zerotohundered

blmse92

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what i mean is.... car that already equiped with turbo thats not illegal.. but, those car that have no turbo but wanna install turbo.. but my question is can i put intercooler on my car just for looks.. i didn put turbo but just intercooler for looks..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi bro and forumers.. i am new here..
First time posting here.. i dunno i post the correct sections. but i see car modifications corner. so i post at here..

my saga blm se..
i gonna mod a intercooler on the front grille there.. so will jpj kacau?
i know turbo is illegal in malaysia..
but i didnt install turbo. i just put the intercooler for looks only..
issit okay?

brothers of car pls enlight me..
thanks zerotohundered
first of turbochargers are not illegal in Malaysia at least not yet
secondly you can put an intercooler in your front bumper just for the looks, it is not illegal as well but the likely outcome is that you will get pulled over more by the authorities because they will assume you have a modded car and try to search for faults but they can never issue you anything based on having an intercooler
this part is just for fun: ive seen people who use intercooler for looks only and when i asked them they call it an interfooler because it can fool people into thinking you have a turbo car but only when its turned off and parked once it starts rolling I think they will have a good idea on what it really is :biggrin:

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
Yup it's called an interfooler... What kumar said it true... But what the reason bro!!! Better spent on something Elsa....

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Yup it's called an interfooler... What kumar said it true... But what the reason bro!!! Better spent on something Elsa....
he said wanna make his blm look better
but actually i feel blm now got a lot of nice bodykit designs its more worth it to get those instead of intercooler with no use

blmse92

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for the reply bro!!! but i like cosmetic.... how about roadblocks? their can assume i got turbo until their ask me to open my hood.. their no turbine or any hose that related to turbo...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
thanks for the reply bro!!! but i like cosmetic.... how about roadblocks? their can assume i got turbo until their ask me to open my hood.. their no turbine or any hose that related to turbo...
they can assume whatever they want but as long as your engine code matches the code stated in your geran they cant do anything to you
unless of course you have other offences like dark tinting and loud exhaust thats a whole different story
but as far as I know Turbo is not illegal
so if your worried about them accusing of using turbo car dont be

blmse92

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
they can assume whatever they want but as long as your engine code matches the code stated in your geran they cant do anything to you
unless of course you have other offences like dark tinting and loud exhaust thats a whole different story
thanks again... yep.. my engine all stock.. except the iafm i change it to custom air filter.. tinted not to black.. exhaust still stock... just the looks matters me only.. :driver:

ks_phang

Feb 15, 2009
If looks matters to you, better you save up your money and get a better looking car.

shawnglory

Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
harsh but true ks harsh but true.

on topic : i'm not one who'd prefer to add on unnecessary weight so i'd skip it but no it will not cause any problems but you will get pulled over more. had a friend who had an interfooler. made a fool of those who pull him aside during roadblocks but it gets annoying at one point so he decided to remove it

blmse92

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If looks matters to you, better you save up your money and get a better looking car.
haha... ya true. but this is my only car... i like blm... father bought for me.. :)

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

harsh but true ks harsh but true.

on topic : i'm not one who'd prefer to add on unnecessary weight so i'd skip it but no it will not cause any problems but you will get pulled over more. had a friend who had an interfooler. made a fool of those who pull him aside during roadblocks but it gets annoying at one point so he decided to remove it
ya... how heavy is the intercooler actually? not really know.. but i just put it as in looks.. i didn mod any exhuast or engine... my fren said when roadblock.. their can listen the turbo blow off sound.. if didnt have means no turbo.. this is what i heard frm fren..

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
will never understand 'interfooler' culture
having a interfooler, sure it does effect your radiator performance.

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak

Even with use of bodykit also already consider illegal by JPJ. It's difficult bro.. All what they want is just :banghead::banghead: money.

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Agree with Crazyee, once he puts the intercooler, blocks the radiator.. then heating problem la, aircond not cold laa..

Very usefull to put intercooler that is not functioning. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wondering what shampoo or medium you guys use to clean the rims.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience