Install Cat converter at rear section?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Guys,

Can I relocate my original Cat converter at rear section; before the rear muffler?
Any side effect? Please advise.. Thx :adore:

P/s: My car is Gen 2 CPS.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
normal la exhaust fumes....installing a cat con towards the rear does not make any difference, & no
one has done it yet. waste of money. wat muffler u using?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
normal la exhaust fumes....installing a cat con towards the rear does not make any difference, & no
one has done it yet. waste of money. wat muffler u using?
Now using F-1 brand S flow muffler... Think to replace with Apexi N1 if relocate the Cat to rear.

Last edited:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
I don't think it would do you much good putting it at the rear. If anything, it would cause you to lose power as the exhaust flow at the rear is not as strong as when it leaves the engine. Furthermore, cat only converts CO into CO2. Carbon monoxide is an odourless gas so it would not make the smell go away.

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Yes, you can put at the rear. All WRC cars has their catalyic converter installed at the end of the exhaust system

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
USE catcon = Save our Mother Earth and the environment :top:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wiki
"Many vehicles have a close-coupled catalysts located near the engine's exhaust manifold. This unit heats up quickly due to its proximity to the engine, and reduces cold-engine emissions by burning off hydrocarbons from the extra-rich mixture used to start a cold engine."

WRC cars won't be use for short trips like a road car (go near by mamak etc.) so the cat cons will almost always be at operational temperature since the cars are usually at full throttle..so they can put it in the rear.

the glowing red thing is the cat con.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
WRC put on the rear is due to 99% in full throttle, Street car...with low throttle, relocate Cat at rear can work properly?
hmmmm....:confused:

bo093

Jul 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
WRC put on the rear is due to 99% in full throttle, Street car...with low throttle, relocate Cat at rear can work properly?
hmmmm....:confused:
Take too long to warm up or it won't even warm up. Thus polluting.
Purpose is to burn 'unburned fuel'. Would be a waste if those fuel you bought aren't being burnt. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

KELISA bolt on Turbo...

who got fren do it... can gv me some detail ma..

can tahan pakai de ma..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience