install air fuel ratio meter to VR4RS

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Dear DIY sifus,

I bought 1 autometer afr meter. try to get sigal from the o2 sensor but didn't get a single reading. it shows all the way lean. am i getting the right wire? i hook up to a wire of 1 of the sensor near the turbo manifold. there's 2 wire, 1 is white and the other one is black. both came out same result.

hope sifus here can help out on this.

Thanks

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
where did you tap the wire??? at the sensor cable or at the ecu? most of this gadget must tap at the ecu wiring to get the correct value.... just my 2cent tought...m ;)

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Maxx,

i did rev but it didnt move. although i saw small tiny, barely light on 2nd bar but other than that. nope not moving. I tap purple wire to white, red to positive, and black to negative.

Kruger,
i tap it near to the O2 sensor. thru d web, a lot of ppl say to tap near to sensor to get the nearest actual value cos when it reach to ecu the the signal already getting faded.don know which one true..

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
i tot i'm the only one with this problem.... i also tap the wire to O2 sensor near the turbo .... mine will have reading when i let go of the fuel pedal....but when i step on the fuel pedal no reading... why?

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Evo3,

well at least urs is good, looks like we need some help ard here.

is there anything we forgot to tap on/replace/ extra wire???.... hope sumeone here wif experience can help out...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I used AutoMeter AFR on 4G63 N/T. Tap from O2 sensor. Works for me. Mine has 3 wires - red, purple and black.

Red = ignition, tapped to radio
Black = ground, tapped to body
Purple = tapped to O2 sensor

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Kruger,

anyway to know the symptom of O2 sensor failure? I've tested both wire and both give same reading that is show positive wire. I tot it shud be 1 positive, 1 negative? now, how to test the the O2 sensor?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, in this post I will show you what is the culprit when side mirror cannot auto-flip.

First we need to remove the mirror by pry from below. Do it carefully

Then remove 4 screw that hold side mirror cover.

Here what it will look like...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience