Inspira any problems ????

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
my case only, some had it continuosly and some dont have it at all but its not that loud or very obvious all the time. small matter as not affecting our ride or safety.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
absorber different frm lgt,which inspira more towards comfort and not sport/harder like LGT.

EDSC

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.voltzers.rules.it
hmm....i mean the design.....if i intend to install aftermarket coilover...what should i choose ? just get the lancer gt and swap or need to wait for inspira specific coilover ?

I know even the map is restrict for lancer map....thts wat i was told by a proton foreman...

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
coilovers can use many out there, tein S etc no prob. use lgt still not so performance based as u wanted

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Guys, general speaking, if you have only under 90k BUDGET or even make it 100k BUDGET, i can personally guarantee the market have no cars better than an INSPIRA.

Don't comes out excuse like :

1) Its a Proton still a crap car
2) Proton parts is not good

This 2 excuse comes out very often when people compare INSPIRA with VIOS/FORTE/CITY.
I ask you 1 thing, you wan to buy cheap parts from Proton or expensive imported parts?
Another thing, the parts in the INSPIRA mostly is from Mitsubishi not Proton.

Then if you are talking about the 3S : SPACE, STABILITY and most importanly SPEED.

1) SPACE : needless to say, Inspira offer better rear space, front space and boot space.

2) STABILITY : Although Inspira comes out from Proton, but personally after testing it, the stability + handling is still not as good as other LOTUS HANDLING car comes out from Proton (Gen2, Neo, Persona) Maybe what they target is comfort consumers. But its still way better than VIOS/CITY/FORTE when you comes into high speed cruise because this car is meant for high speed.

3) SPEED : Ya its a bit laggy compared to VIOS/CITY/FORTE which comes with responsive engine. But with 2.0l you can simply takeover those 3 cars on highway/city road with tiptronic i think.
1 more reminder, if you are talking about real performance please la dont go for this segment kind of cars. Go for those really comes with a performance engine. If not, 4 of these cars power are more than enough in daily usage.

If you ask me to compare INSPIRA with CITY/FORTE/VIOS, i would only think of 1 different which is the "BRAND" because it is still an PROTON.
If you talk about performance, safety, stability = PLEASE LA TEST ALL THE 4 CARS YOURSELF and YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I MENTION ABOVE! :biggrin:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
well said bro vox,

its sad so many hated this model due to brand/protn. hei i hated them very much also and i was thinkin the same when i got my ride but then again after i knw people inside prton and they told me its a lancer and wat they changed/do up are so minimal.
again its not a perfect car but its the same as the lancer but way cheaper. service wise its ok as they are committed and willing to serve u when complain on some issues related to car. so far i must say they improved frm last time too.

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Proton service is not like old days anymore, but still there are some bad service centre with the attitude of TAK TAU, IS LIKE THAT LA.

What my advice is go for a good service center in KL area. I would recommend 1 service center which is located near to SUNWAY PYRAMID. Just opposite to SS15. =) well service!

dyomi

Known Member
Jun 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
so far my 11 days baby have not weird sound, no problem.. only human error scratch my bumper. sob sob.. finally, just take a good care of the baby..:D let him grow up as proud as his twin brother.. :D

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
congrats Dyomi,

on your new ride,so its 2.0 ,1.8cvt or MT?

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Gearbox Blues
Guys, please help me, I have a problem when I move the gear lever from 5th to 4th gear, I get a crunch sound, ie like the synchromesh is not functioning. Only happens when I move the gear lever fast and only in those gears 5th to 4th. Is anyone experiencing this. Off course I am on the clutch when I move the gear lever.
I will get Proton to look at it tomorrow!
James

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

By the way I have a manual gearbox and not the CVT. Also my mileage is now 30,000+ KMS.

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
FYI, the inspira is going through a process of domestication just like the older models such as wira n all (which was based from a japan model). at current point, if you purchase an inspira, you are actually buying a 65% japanese / 35% malaysian made car. The thing that i got to know from proton engineers is that domestication at this point covers:
- suspension (coils n dampers n top rubber mountings)
- tyres
- brake pads
- body parts ( fr n rr bumpers, skirts, rear tail lights, front head lights still from japan)
- front windscreen, and all side windows except for the small triangle glass on rear both side
- interior dashboard n door trim, carpets, and now extending to seats (covering material, color and finish type)
- steering
- head unit n speakers
- power windows (now got lifetime warranty already)
- battery, air filter element, engine cover, plugs, engine oil using either petronas or shell semi syn (malaysian made oils)
- paintjob also done here in Malaysia

i think thats all that i remembered.... the rest still directly from japan as in the actual lancer gt based model its just that thr better is you'll get a full steering column control panel.... u'll get the magnesium shifter (for 2.0) and u'll get the cruise control on the right and audio control on the left of the steering....

personally i bought an inspira 2.0 1st batch for my wife, the handling is not as sporty as lancer gt but more comfort focus with recalculated bound/rebound rate..... this is the issue im facing now as the bound/rebound is not that good when mated to softer spring rate.... it seems to touch when hitting bumps when the damper is at full stroke cos spring too soft.... so far no solutions and im running out of time for my warranty claim.... pening also.... but the rest is good i must say..... even the proton rep/people are getting more n more professional and customer oriented compared to their stone edge era last time..... all in all, no regrets n would strongly suggest any potential buyer to have a test drive then only decide.... cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was asked by my friend to assist him with painting his brake calipers as the original metal finish just dun look good enough. Being an avid DIY-er and semi-pro detailer, I agreed to give a helping hand and lend him my tools as well.

Owner removing the wheels of his car.

When working with the car up, always use an A-Stand to ensure maximum safety...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience