in need of auto detailing tutoring

naqi

Known Member
Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
dear ZTH forumers, I am very keen in learning on how to wash and detailing of cars. But, it seems quite hard for me to find any company offering workshops or classes as i need more hands on approach. I've been learning by myself through forums, mostly through videos in youtube. Been following and is a huge fan of Larry Kosilla of Ammo NYC. If any sifus out there provide such tutoring, please let me know a.s.a.p. Thank you in advance, and thank you admin, Mr. Tom for this great site. cheers everyone!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
dear ZTH forumers, I am very keen in learning on how to wash and detailing of cars. But, it seems quite hard for me to find any company offering workshops or classes as i need more hands on approach. I've been learning by myself through forums, mostly through videos in youtube. Been following and is a huge fan of Larry Kosilla of Ammo NYC. If any sifus out there provide such tutoring, please let me know a.s.a.p. Thank you in advance, and thank you admin, Mr. Tom for this great site. cheers everyone!
Apply part time position in detailing shop. :smile:

naqi

Known Member
Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Apply part time position in detailing shop. :smile:
i'm actually a student and still studying, so during my semester break i've been thinking of learning on how to properly detail cars. but yeah, since i'm a newbie, and part time for a very short period of time, they would not hire me. so i was thinking of taking a detailing clinic with someone reputable in this sector

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

who's kc?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Join as newbie, you will be washing the wheel and the car, no chance to polish and wax....:rofl:
youre absolutely right dude. so i think it's better if i were to take lessons in clinics.

ZainJR

May 19, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
i'm actually a student and still studying, so during my semester break i've been thinking of learning on how to properly detail cars. but yeah, since i'm a newbie, and part time for a very short period of time, they would not hire me. so i was thinking of taking a detailing clinic with someone reputable in this sector

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

who's kc?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

youre absolutely right dude. so i think it's better if i were to take lessons in clinics.
U dunno who is KC?

Then indeed u're newbie.. :biggrin:

KC is a detailing guru.. Go to his website.. Search for his thread in ZTH.. And u will know him.. :driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, you are already in Car detailing forum. Read some of the older post and look for bro. kc2 post. Other sifus are bro. s1tl and seech

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't think you need lessons to learn detailing. You just need to hangout with detailer friends, chat with them and observe. Then get your gear out and do it yourself on your own car. If you're gonna go all out, get the following :

1. A DA polisher or a random orbital sander (with polishing pads x 2. Yellow and white).
2. At least 20 large pieces of microfiber clothes with their tags ripped out. Wetshine has some nice cloths.
3. 2 buckets, one for soap and one for pure water
4. Clay bar
5. A polishing compound and a wax. Sealant is optional
6. A washing mit
7. A pressure washer
8. Wheel cleaning brush
9. A good soapy neutral car wash like the Orsen bubble wash

Last thing you'll need is one helluva lot of stamina to work on your car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't think you need lessons to learn detailing. You just need to hangout with detailer friends, chat with them and observe. Then get your gear out and do it yourself on your own car. If you're gonna go all out, get the following :

1. A DA polisher or a random orbital sander (with polishing pads x 2. Yellow and white).
2. At least 20 large pieces of microfiber clothes with their tags ripped out. Wetshine has some nice cloths.
3. 2 buckets, one for soap and one for pure water
4. Clay bar
5. A polishing compound and a wax. Sealant is optional
6. A washing mit
7. A pressure washer
8. Wheel cleaning brush
9. A good soapy neutral car wash like the Orsen bubble wash

Last thing you'll need is one helluva lot of stamina to work on your car.
That is what he needs, what he wants is the proper method of washing, polishing and waxing.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

who's kc?

That is what he needs, what he wants is the proper method of washing, polishing and waxing.....:biggrin:
Pay u RM100 per half day to learn :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have been a long time already, wanted to try DIY sealing a tyre puncture with off the rack tyre repair kit, so recently went hunting for one. There are many at the supermarket, hypermarket going at RM11 to 15 for the kit with 3 to 5 seals.
What put me off was what if I finish the seals do I need to buy another kit as I could not find any seals only on sale. Then last week went to ACE hardware and found them selling the seals. 5pcs for RM8 if not mistaken.
So since is only a trial DIY, I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience