In a dilemma....

bobby85

Jun 23, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm currently facing a dilemma here....have been thinking for a very long time already.......so would like all the sifu-sifus' around to give me some advice.:adore:

I am now thinking about buying a car (2nd hand or new also no problem).
1) If i'm buying a new car....it shouldn't be above 45k.
2) If i'm buying a 2nd hand car, it shouldn't be more than 20k.

if i were to choose no.2, then there will be another option for me already.

2.1) buy a cheap-cheap 2nd hand car-->buy halfcut-->transplant engine
-->respray whole car-->ready to roll
2.2) buy a modded car at a higher price --> do some minor service/touch-up
--> ready to roll

So what are the choices that you guys will choose?:hmmmm:

Thanks in advance for the replies that you guys will be sending in....thank you...thank you....:adore: :adore: :adore:

**mod...if you find this thread in the wrong topic....please help to redirect....tqtq**

Last edited:

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
erm..if u say ur budget is below 20k, i will suggest u buy rtr (rdy to run)car..
in my exprience.. i bought a wira sedan year95 convert into gsr for 17k only.(stock gsr engine for long future use ^^).
bcoz if u wanna make ur on car it will cost a bomb. i calculate b4.. same like ur condition now.. ^^ but u will b happy to build ur on car step by steps..

unless u got gd connection between mech,halfcut dealers,jpj or etc. if u dun then ill suggest u get rtr.. just do sum mods n full services n let's roll..

just my 2 cent.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i think it all depends on what u want. if u want a car for daily usage, then get a new car. i believe it will provide u with less headaches.

if u dont mind workshops, then a 2nd hand car would be best for modding. if u are keen to learn, then buy a 2nd hand car and transplant. u will gain alot from it. if u just want a car that is fun to drive, then buy a car which is transplanted already. saves u a lot of hassle.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

bobby85

Jun 23, 2007
erm..if u say ur budget is below 20k, i will suggest u buy rtr (rdy to run)car..
in my exprience.. i bought a wira sedan year95 convert into gsr for 17k only.(stock gsr engine for long future use ^^).
bcoz if u wanna make ur on car it will cost a bomb. i calculate b4.. same like ur condition now.. ^^ but u will b happy to build ur on car step by steps..

unless u got gd connection between mech,halfcut dealers,jpj or etc. if u dun then ill suggest u get rtr.. just do sum mods n full services n let's roll..

just my 2 cent.
Yo, bro Avaultz.....how's de condition of the car(wira gsr) that u bought??? Did it gave u a lot of headache when u first bought it??

i think it all depends on what u want. if u want a car for daily usage, then get a new car. i believe it will provide u with less headaches.

if u dont mind workshops, then a 2nd hand car would be best for modding. if u are keen to learn, then buy a 2nd hand car and transplant. u will gain alot from it. if u just want a car that is fun to drive, then buy a car which is transplanted already. saves u a lot of hassle.

just my 2 cents.
Bro Arrowhead,
thanks for your advice...:proud:
well, i really hope to get a fun car to drive which would not give me so many headaches.......

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
u cant buy a halfcut car edi provided u are very very strong in jpj and know ppl in jpj... u cant transfer name once the car have been half cut bcoz u need to do B5 inspection first.... ..

if u want daily use and no headache just start and go.. buy a new car.. maintanence free and problem free... maybe a viva on ur budget..or a standard myvi... maybe a proton iswara (kereta kebal)..

if u plan 2 have fun with ur car and just speed... then buy a 2nd car.. bcoz if anything happen u wont feel so hurt and wont lose to much.,
example u bought the car edi.. u don feel syiok u can sell back, accidnet edi.. repair out not nice u can sell back, .... but those transplant edi is either the car is too old edi.. or they market up the price of the car very high... they cant do so high loan provided u plan 2 buy cash le....and transplant engine... err if u want buy be patient and get from a direct owner... don buy from used car. bcoz u dono what is the background of the car.... happy choosing mate

btw, i run a used car too.. if u want 2 buy a new car, feel free to contact me .. i do sell new car too....

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
and don forget the main problem now is PETROL..... u buy a high performance car.. ur petrol wont last in daily use.. the petrol will kill u

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
just buy a used honda EG9 if u got cash money. Although is old car, if u can find one with proper condition, garenti u very very the syok driving that thing with V-TEC.......

New cars ? To me all new cars NOT worth the money, u are just paying Tax to gahment. Unless u only like new things, not necesary to buy brand new car, coz once ur buttocks sits on it, u loose 40% already!

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
for convenience sake you could buy a new car...maybe with yr budget a myvi would be a good choice....

if you got plenty of time to spare and you are young / single then you could buy a second hand car and explore it......probably an seg costing between 22-26k would be an ideal choice....it would still be ready to drive & at same time you could change the parts slowly one by one....

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
--> ready to roll
this is not necessary. some cars are modded but not too extreme in modifications. and everything is well taken off. u just pay then drive no need repair. better buy direct from owner and not from 2nd car dealer.
buy civic with b18c engine around rm40k then i bet u will shout all the way from 0-100km/h. b18c stock give u 185+-HP. not enough then buy wira with 1.8 mivec turbo or wira with evo engine; cost u rm20k like that. still not enough power then u buy nissan A31 with rb25det cost u rm20+-k.

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
New Car : Myvi
2nd Car: Perdana (selt transplant EvoIII or V6TT) OR any mods car such as putra @ perdana @ Satria Gti with turbo engine.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
--> ready to roll
this is not necessary. some cars are modded but not too extreme in modifications. and everything is well taken off. u just pay then drive no need repair. better buy direct from owner and not from 2nd car dealer.
buy civic with b18c engine around rm40k then i bet u will shout all the way from 0-100km/h. b18c stock give u 185+-HP. not enough then buy wira with 1.8 mivec turbo or wira with evo engine; cost u rm20k like that. still not enough power then u buy nissan A31 with rb25det cost u rm20+-k.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
new car : proton BLM got airbag and less than rm40k.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
buy L2 kancil only Rm10-15k. FC is Rm10 for 70km for Rm1.92/l petrol.
save fuel and got power. easy parking especially u go to town.

bobby85

Jun 23, 2007
u cant buy a halfcut car edi provided u are very very strong in jpj and know ppl in jpj... u cant transfer name once the car have been half cut bcoz u need to do B5 inspection first.... ..

if u want daily use and no headache just start and go.. buy a new car.. maintanence free and problem free... maybe a viva on ur budget..or a standard myvi... maybe a proton iswara (kereta kebal)..

if u plan 2 have fun with ur car and just speed... then buy a 2nd car.. bcoz if anything happen u wont feel so hurt and wont lose to much.,
example u bought the car edi.. u don feel syiok u can sell back, accidnet edi.. repair out not nice u can sell back, .... but those transplant edi is either the car is too old edi.. or they market up the price of the car very high... they cant do so high loan provided u plan 2 buy cash le....and transplant engine... err if u want buy be patient and get from a direct owner... don buy from used car. bcoz u dono what is the background of the car.... happy choosing mate

btw, i run a used car too.. if u want 2 buy a new car, feel free to contact me .. i do sell new car too....
Bro fred_soo_88, i'm just buying the half-cut to transplant the engine and the parts to my car la.....not that i wanted to buy a half-cut car....sorry for the misunderstanding.....:adore:

just buy a used honda EG9 if u got cash money. Although is old car, if u can find one with proper condition, garenti u very very the syok driving that thing with V-TEC.......

New cars ? To me all new cars NOT worth the money, u are just paying Tax to gahment. Unless u only like new things, not necesary to buy brand new car, coz once ur buttocks sits on it, u loose 40% already!
Bro proton63t, salute......dam* agree with u......:adore:

Bro Northiswara, i'm just scared that those modded car has been abused by their previous owner only.......if condition is still good....for sure i'll go for those modded cars as suggested....:adore:

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
I think you should buy a used Mazda MX5......a not too dangerous stock sports car with plenty of handling.....its around 40k :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was sifting through various würth catalogs trying to find information about the so called autofoam. Appearantly würth does not make any product called autofoam. They do have a two component pu foam in their US catalog, but it comes in a 7 oz mixer/injector so that is not the autofoam.....

Well it seems that würth's 1K assembly foam (item number 8921551 in the Turkish catalog) has exactly the same technical specifications as autofam as given in the autofoam website. I'm going to try and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience