imitation rims - are they really not reliable at all?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
my buddy club p1s are the original ones. I have been using them for the past decade. no cracks at all. I did managed to bend one though, but got that fixed as it was just out of round.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
taiwan rims not too bad quality,altough it bends easily,but can be repair,as my friend using te37 original japan,hit hole got crack...2 times repair then sold.....japan rims lighten but if u unlucky ur rims may got patah or crack.....so the choice in your hands...more badet..can use japan rims..lower..can use taiwan grade A rims...:driver:
How about second hand rims? Should be okay. Have to check by eyes only.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
err.. back to topic..

here's what I found during my recent visit to a shop in Klang..

Crack? normal ler..

see again..

Ooops!!

Makes me think twice on buying replica/taiwan rims again :listen:
this one is normal ler... especially when u end up hitting a rock on the road. my original rota wheels oso had a crack from hitting a rock....about 2" long crack.

but ive seen an original BMW wheel split like the 2nd picture almost all the way around from hitting a rock.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
probably also due to low profile tires since the sidewalls don't offer much protection

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
probably also due to low profile tires since the sidewalls don't offer much protection

definitely the case with the BMW wheel i mentioned.

even more so with my ori rota as it had 165/50/15 tires on it hahahah

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I've been using my Taiwan works meister about a year now...daily driven...occasionally trashed...so far x problems (touch wood)...:) happy wiz d rims...bit heavy?yes...

But like Bro 4gbanger n vr2 said...ori oso will break...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
what? your fake rims still OK? no PROBLEM? cool story bro. maybe you drive like a girl that's why.

maybe that's why fake eggs in China also got market, cause eat already you'll still go toilet and shit. no problem one. :rofl:

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
err.. back to topic..

here's what I found during my recent visit to a shop in Klang..

Crack? normal ler..

see again..

Ooops!!

Makes me think twice on buying replica/taiwan rims again :listen:
on 2nd pic saw grinding marks on rim's bed....crashed then broken or broken and causing crashing?

what? your fake rims still OK? no PROBLEM? cool story bro. maybe you drive like a girl that's why.

maybe that's why fake eggs in China also got market, cause eat already you'll still go toilet and shit. no problem one. :rofl:
hello...i think those on your picture was volk/rota wheels.....such a big wheels on big heavy car everything tends to be weaker....

but atleast with my puny 15" wheels on sub 1tonne car with my rally driving styles+adjustable coil-over suspension it seem my chassis starts to develop crack first instead of my rims.... :driver:

ever heard a story of original OEM/factory wheels bent/broken also?? because so many driving style/condition its suggest that not every replica wheels subject to fatal failure...and also not every oem/factory/genuine wheels lasts forever......

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So best is still OEM rims? :smile:

Mine 8 years 'touchwood' no problem.
That's why best to buy ori rims and not those cheaper ones?

Any advice to prevent such thing from happening?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Either they are reliable or not i don't really want to consider them. Get a job and get a proper wheels! Either that stay stock. Getting replica meaning you are helping to build reputation or market for counterfeit and destroying the market of genuine.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Either they are reliable or not i don't really want to consider them. Get a job and get a proper wheels! Either that stay stock. Getting replica meaning you are helping to build reputation or market for counterfeit and destroying the market of genuine.
1 of the reason not many willing to get an ori one is mainly due to Petty, low life and good for nothing thieves.

Especially if you park outside most of the time. You will be worried about your wheels.
Either that we are just someone who park indoors and always park at places with high security.
Maybe shopping malls go for Valet parking instead....

Not many can afford a valet parking man.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo....anyone know where the best place to mod bumper in penang....i would like to go n add bodykits...for iswara.......pls gv me some opinoin where is the best place.....izit RABK and LC is the best???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience