If I sell my SEG, I can buy a new Polo Tsi!

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
tell me where in the world you can sell your SEG for a new Polo?
you think your SEG priced RM25k overseas ka?

you need to sell it in Malaysia then buy Polo elsewhere...

NRC

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
tell me where in the world you can sell your SEG for a new Polo?
you think your SEG priced RM25k overseas ka?

you need to sell it in Malaysia then buy Polo elsewhere...
Yeah. Here in the USA, it may fetch only USD 1 - 3 K only just like a Civic EG / Mitsu. Lancer / Similar Class Imports ... If the condition is bad it's only 800 bucks. :rofl:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
wishful thinking only i guess...not possible at all...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Not easy though it's not impossible. But I wouldn't do it. Why do I want to give up a easy and cheap to maintain fun to drive jdm for a German? The polo is nice to drive too but it is just different. ANd when the time comes to maintain, they are world apart.
Then again, that is a very personal thing...

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Hehe, I just want to highlight that cars are affordable anywhere else in the world, except Malaysia.

I like it how Malaysians are very lansi about their brand new econo boxes...Well, maybe the are proud of their good credit.

Myself, I need to save some money to fix my rust spots. :)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hehe, I just want to highlight that cars are affordable anywhere else in the world, except Malaysia.

I like it how Malaysians are very lansi about their brand new econo boxes...Well, maybe the are proud of their good credit.

Myself, I need to save some money to fix my rust spots. :)
Well, to be fair, I think malaysians can be proud of their econo boxes because owning one take considerable amount of financial stability here. So although it may be a cheapo car, but I think one who can own a car deserves every right to be proud. Cars here are also more like an image thing compared to euro countries. TO them, cars are so cheap and are considered only as a daily thing, such as a hairdryer. nothing to be proud of unless one owns a Bentley or Ferrari.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Once asked a friend before who is living in UK....told me a 2nd hand stock Supra only cost 700pounds :rofl:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Car Price = 25K
Tax (115%) = 38K
Profit Margin for VW = 51K (Thanks to Miti)
Poor Rakyat = 114K

Notice there is 2 problems (1) tax (2) miti price fixing.

So before buying a new car think about how you will be cheated. :hmmmm:
Think about how you will be forced to take 9 year loan so that others can make money.
Wake up Rakyat....what have you done to deserve this !!!:bawling::bawling::bawling:
We have paid our dues in the past and should not continue to do so in the future.

Pls educate the people around you..:listen::listen:

Last edited:

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
I'm sure people in this forum are well informed of this problem, but I'm saddened that most Malaysians still think it's ok to pay more than 100% tax on cars, and still do take out high loans just to buy new cars..
And I still think it's funny that the news on how all ministers each get one free car import AP only lasted one day in our local newspapers a few years ago.. funny..

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
I'm sure people in this forum are well informed of this problem, but I'm saddened that most Malaysians still think it's ok to pay more than 100% tax on cars, and still do take out high loans just to buy new cars..
And I still think it's funny that the news on how all ministers each get one free car import AP only lasted one day in our local newspapers a few years ago.. funny..
That is why it is important for us to educate the people around you so they understand their action.
If you keep buying new car...u continue to feed the devil...

It takes many to steer the ship...:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi
I have a 2005 model Proton Waja 1.6 automatic. Recently I notices that when I switched on the head lamp the "R" indicator light was on slightly when I was driving the car, and the right signal light blink faster than normal when I make a right turn.

No such problem is observed if I do not switch on the head lamp.

Any one encountered similar problem and any suggested solution ?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience