idle problem.

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hey all. i need help troubleshooting.
my iacv is faulty i think. when turn on the aircon, rpm is too low. around 500rpm.
tried servicing it myself but i dont have enough power or know how.
a fella suggested is add an ficd. thoughts?:confused:

oh. i drive a honda eg8. d15b. stock.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
there must be something is still dirty or how i not sure

witohut thinking so much wit headache, adding additional ficd from toyota is easy n headacheless job as it can straight away adjust the rpm from there without fixing anything of the car

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks. i'll try my best the clean evry part first. if that doesnt solve the problem, then ask my formen to fix. thanks kenny.
:cheers:

clockwork

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
JB~SIN
mine the other way round when air con kick in RPM go higher can reach 1400rpm.....friend say maybe is the airflow sensor.......

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
mine the other way round when air con kick in RPM go higher can reach 1400rpm.....friend say maybe is the airflow sensor.......

me too got problem rpm jumping up to 1300rpm during idle after A/C cut-off....a/c cut-in drop back to +-700rpm...

the problem intermittenly happen...if it does happen,even turns off my a/c give no effect to cure it...

i've checked all vaccum hose related to TB/regulator etc etc...not yet check other things....MAF sensor connector,TPS connector checked and in good condition.....

Throttle body was just over 1year old brand new....if really TB kong again :banghead: me....

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
more or less happend to my car....after rempit2 with my evo3 engine...sudenlly rpm going crazy...bouncing up and down....but if ride as normal... rpm ok je....y ah?sometime when rempit secara lembut2 the rpm from 1k rise to 1.9k....y ah?haiya......

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
guys, i went to an aurcon shop n he said that my idle low when on air con beacuse too much pressure in radiator or sumthing like that.. so either can replace the whole assembly for rm200, or add another fan for 150.. my headache is, which is the problem now? is it my iacv or the radiator? grrrr.:banghead:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
based on my experience with honda, if idle goes funky when air con is on/off, its more of less the iacv. urs is probably faulty. cycle is either too fast (high idle) or slow (low idle). i've had my fair share of iacv troubleshooting.

u should try to swap with a friend with similar engine, and see if it works. if it does, change the iacv, should be too exp. 100-150 bucks used. if its not iacv, possibly ur TB and the screw that comes with it.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys,

I just did 1 DIY and i'm all over light mods now.
But of course not to the extend of lalabeng style.

So what I thought is, when I pull my hand break,
I want my rear lights to be on as such the foot brake is.
Same function as a foot brake lights.

Any guys did this? Or objecting me? Why?
I know there will be a debate because obviously it's not okay because if it's okay,
it had be installed OEM-ly.

If someone agrees with me, where do I get the electricity of hand...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience