I drive a manual..

Feb 16, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys..been introduced by a friend to this website, probably because i started asking him too many questions regarding car mods and troubleshootings.. Glad to be here..
The Saga FLX is my first car..been driving it for 8 months now. It has clocked 29000km so far (or so).

Haven't done any major mod..the ride is quite fine for now..but looking forward to get some Ultra Racing bars installed end of this month.. Probably BC or GAB SS adjustables later on..

I stopped going to Proton for service btw (yes, knowing my warranty would void).. Been using HKS Fully Synthetic Oil.. and installed K&N air filters. Better pick up..engine doesn't scream too much when i drop gear..it feels smoother somehow..and there is better pick up..

The only thing which bothers me..about the car... is the rattling noise of the plastic door and vibrations... Maybe I need some help here...Will try to look for earlier threads though to see if i can get some answers and ideas..

lingesh

Feb 16, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Noted. I did dismantle the plastic cover from the door to identify where is the sound coming from..couldn't really detect it. For now, its coming from front right door.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
These sort of rattling is the worst thing to troubleshoot. If you think it's coming from the front door there's a few things to check :

1. Take out the door panel and be careful not to loosen or break any clips. Loose clips = rattling door panel.

2. Check to see that the central lock thingy is tight and not flapping around.

3. Check the window rubber seal isn't hardened and loose. A lot of Wiras have an issue with this.

4. Check to see no wirings and stuff are dangling.

5. Drive around without the panel to see if the sound is still there.

6. Drive around with the window slightly down (to check the seal) and see if the sound disappears.

Without actually seeing/hearing/molesting the actual car I can't really suggest anything else.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
These sort of rattling is the worst thing to troubleshoot. If you think it's coming from the front door there's a few things to check :

1. Take out the door panel and be careful not to loosen or break any clips. Loose clips = rattling door panel.

2. Check to see that the central lock thingy is tight and not flapping around.

3. Check the window rubber seal isn't hardened and loose. A lot of Wiras have an issue with this.

4. Check to see no wirings and stuff are dangling.

5. Drive around without the panel to see if the sound is still there.

6. Drive around with the window slightly down (to check the seal) and see if the sound disappears.

Without actually seeing/hearing/molesting the actual car I can't really suggest anything else.
If all these doesn't work out. Wrap foam around 'em wires. So when it shakes around, it doesn't make any noise.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

has anyone used these guys before? prices seem to be pretty decent, for example S$2000 for Spoon BBK.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience