HWL vs Titans or any adjustables.

k3nny

Known Member

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
I have a 2002 Hyundai Sonata 2.0...

I have 17 inch rims and 35 profile tires so the ride is slightly shitty.. but worst than that, the stupid Ah Kao tire shop i went to, they cut the springs for me, and then they adjusted the "camber" for my front by bending it outwards.

Now, almost 8 months down the road, the wheel bearings, i believe are almost gone and are whining going whirrrrr at high speeds.

One side of the suspension also was knocking very badly so my mom got it changed while im overseas and now 1 side of the car is higher than the other as she only changed one side.

Anyhow, im looking for a locally manufactured brand of suspension(branded too expensive) that is damper adjustable and also height adjustable.

Read: Damper AND Height adjustable. not just damper or height. BOTH.

Something that is fairly comfortable as this is a comfort sedan and also handles fairly well. One with a good reputation would be great as i intend to get them to change alot of the suspension system(bushes, ball joints etc) and whatever else the Ah Kao Cipet tire shop messed up.

Anyhow, any constructive feedback is HIGHLY appreciated! :D

A budget of RM3K for the suspension itself as i understand Hotbits and titans are around 2.8K and they are the higher end of the scale so RM3K would be alright as a budget. Bear in mind, reasonably comfortable.. Not rock hard.. even tho they are damper adjustable..

acbc

4,000 RPM

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I would suggest u test drive both HWL / Titan test cars 1st.

You should be able to use coilovers all around for the Sonata.

ninja_iga, care to clarify?

chelnick

Known Member

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
titans.... any problem created by cipek tyre shop can be fix by them... service top notch if you ask me....

not too sure about hwl service though... any hwl users here????

voltron

Known Member

voltron

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
if ur budget is RM2K plus, u have two option either titan or HWL both have high low soft hard application.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
k3nny,

love to do your business, but we don't have remote damper adjustables. Sorry about that.

but what we can do : We PROMISE that we'll give you a comfortable ride, equal or EVEN BETTER than your stock ride. (when your car is new la)

and if comfort's your main goal, no need height adjustables, usually.

but if you're willing to live with something that's a tad more 'sportier' than stock (which is most likely the case anyway with your 17" wheels and 35 profile tyres) then height adjustables will be best choice to control the ride.

Settings, we will provide several tune-ups for you, as this is a NEW setup. Warranty is 2 years limited.

to minimise fuss, i can pick the car up from you when you're free and i'll have it back (usually) by the evening.

We have camber adjustablity already built-into our dampers, that's MacPherson setup (which i believe is for your car) and no bending mending nonsense involved here.

Do allow me to show you why TiTANs have such a reputation, and why everyone raves about it :)

do come and visit my factory and i'll let you test some of the rides :)
sit to believe! :)

my number's in my signature, PM me if you'd like.

cheers!
Stanley

k3nny

Known Member

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
So most people here wont even bother talking about HotBits,

Are not too sure about HWL due to the lack of anyone using it and giving feedback.

But are DANG sure about Titans being great?

Stanley: when you mention tune ups and adjusted by you guys, u do not sell damper adjustable solutions but you are able to adjust the damping if i bring it back to you?

Height adjustable is a must as when i am around(i study in australia), it will be dumped to lowest.

When i leave, my mom drives it so it has to go up or else there goes my front bar..

:)

k3nny

Known Member

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
ninja_iga: secondly, do you only install your new coilover system or do you look thru other aspects of my suspension?

Meaning, when the car was new, the ride was good. Going thru potholes was alright and not crashy.

Now the wheel bearings are gone as it whines and whirrs. The rest of the suspension is highly questionable.

It clunks and crashes thru potholes worst than my Proton Waja. Highly unlikely for a car above the Rm100k mark.

The suspension now is just gone. Ride is alright, as its soft but the way it crashes thru potholes and uneven surfaces is just wrong.

So maybe i thought a change of bushes, checking the balljoints and anything else related to the suspension that could be causing this.

Basically, all im saying is this. My suspension is sh1t now.

Can i send it to you for you to get it all corrected, every aspect of it, and have the car running great again when i get it back.

Thats all i mean. :D

Soundstream

1,500 RPM

Soundstream

1,500 RPM
May 2, 2004
NR MY
Visit site
ninja_iga :

I'm drinving a Wira with 17" rim. Guess i need to change my sus. :unsure:
Where can i get TITAN Sus. in Penang ? <_<
Do you have any contact person over here ?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Stanley: when you mention tune ups and adjusted by you guys, u do not sell damper adjustable solutions but you are able to adjust the damping if i bring it back to you?

Height adjustable is a must as when i am around(i study in australia), it will be dumped to lowest.
we don't sell the damping adjustables simply because we don't have it, and nor the design for it.

BUT yes the damping rates are adjustable, we change it via the valve shims and using the gas pressure :)

height adjustablity : i only safely recommend this : 2 finger from the tyre's top to wheelarch. not much less.

why?
to be lower, and not scrape the ground, you'll need the suspension to be HARD so as not to bottom out. Hard will make you lose the comfort and maybe even your lunch!

Originally posted by k3nny@Nov 17 2004, 11:28
ninja_iga: secondly, do you only install your new coilover system or do you look thru other aspects of my suspension?

Meaning, when the car was new, the ride was good. Going thru potholes was alright and not crashy.

Now the wheel bearings are gone as it whines and whirrs. The rest of the suspension is highly questionable.

It clunks and crashes thru potholes worst than my Proton Waja. Highly unlikely for a car above the Rm100k mark.

The suspension now is just gone. Ride is alright, as its soft but the way it crashes thru potholes and uneven surfaces is just wrong.

So maybe i thought a change of bushes, checking the balljoints and anything else related to the suspension that could be causing this.

Basically, all im saying is this. My suspension is sh1t now.

Can i send it to you for you to get it all corrected, every aspect of it, and have the car running great again when i get it back.

Thats all i mean. :D
best for you to visit us, when you're back here, so i can answer to all your questions.
all the best for your finals.

in theory, we could do that service for you, where we check and replace the offending part(s) until all's good.
thing is : it's gonna be time consuming and expensive :mellow:
and we only do that if the customer insists and agrees to our labour charge.

so yes, it's possible, but it's gonna cost time and money.
how much? no idea, no idea of extent of damage of the car..
best to let us have a look at the car.

cheers!
PM me for anything!

elgesias

elgesias

Jul 29, 2004
Visit site
HWL factory locate in Sungai Buloh.... u can go there n claim wat ever u wan.... Once u fix n find out that the spring is not stiff enuff can get replace at the factory!!! :)

crystal_method

Known Member

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
k3nny,

hey dude i'm using HWL's (hi/lo, soft/hard) in my putra and it's good. don't expect jaw-dropping handling ability like the high-end jap stuff but u CAN EXPECT ABOVE AVERAGE handling.... my suspension set-up is adjusted for MAXIMUM hardness and MAXIMUM lowering (no finger gap to wheel fender)... to be painfully honest i am IMPRESSED with my set of HWLs - really not bad indeed :D for a local-make i can say it excels in every way possible. i dunno about titans as i have NEVER driven a 'titan-ed ride', but i have heard many good comments about them and i have no doubt they r good too.

let me tell u, i drive my car like an absolute madman most of the time - in other words i drag that motherf.cker up n down KL like there's no tomorrow. at higher speeds (above 170 km/h) the HWL handling and ride stability is truly superb. the only other thing i have for handling is a CHEAP-ASS strut bar, don't even have fender bars or any of the ultra-racing stuff they cum up with nowadays... so u could say th only thing that keeps my car the correct way up is my HWL suspensions :)

damn i've been yapping too much... anyways 2sum it all up i fully support u if u choose 2go for HWL suspensions - however i also recommend u do what some of the others also mentioned - TEST DRIVE rides that r both HWL-ed and TITAN-ed. c which one u like better. good luck in ur suspension hunt bro... peace, out.

k3nny

Known Member

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
thank u everyone for taking the time to comment on the above mentioned suspensions..

at the end of the day, ive decided that the ease of things would be best for me.

I will be back in Malaysia in 3 wks time by which i will then pay Titan a visit, have a see, get an official quote to do everything up and have a feel of any cars with the suspension that they have there.

I will also pay HWL in Sungai Buloh a visit and have a feel and see what they can do for me in regards to the whole suspension being sh1t and find out what it cost. I will ride a car with HWL's installed.. See how it feels..

For me now, its down to these 2 brands as far as im concerned.. Hot Bits is out the window.. :D

How much am i looking at as far as Teins go?

Maybe not HA.. but something cheaper like Tein SuperFlex? Which supposedly isnt such a hardcore model but relatively newer and more budget...

k3nny

Known Member

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
crystal_method:

when u say Hi/Lo, Soft/Hard, i assume Hi/Lo means height adjustable.

With Soft/Hard, am i right to assume this means damper adjustable?

That the damping of the car can be adjusted? If yes, how?

wildboar

500 RPM

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
i think the soft/hard is usually adjusted via a knob..this knob adjusts the valve opening where the oil travels...the smaller u adjust the valve opening, the harder it becomes (because the oil travels slower thru a smaller opening??) and vice versa...not sure how teins work tho...but i think this is the general concept..

dun shoot me if im wrong... :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there.

I just recently bought a 2 inch tachometer online, but it doesnt come with a manual. I have searched this forum on how to install this myself, but, still not much help. Im driving a staria injection, and would like to DIY the installation myself, for the fun of it.

However, my knowledge on the car circuitry is nil, so I kinda need help with pictures on how to install. the meter itself comes with 6 wires:

2 red
1 green
2 black
1 orange.

All i know is that black is to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience