HWL adjustable problem, need help

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
i'm planning to install a set HWL adjustable to my wira 1.3....but the problem is here
izzit the HWL adjustable for Wira are same model with Waja,Satria,putra?
means even wira 1.3 ,1.5, 1.8....also use the same model?
like HWL adjustable current using on Waja 1.6....but it also can fit to Wira 1.3??

thank you

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
suggest u do some survey on hwl user about how many times they had send their shock for warranty after 6 month.....

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Target Design said:
i'm planning to install a set HWL adjustable to my wira 1.3....but the problem is here
izzit the HWL adjustable for Wira are same model with Waja,Satria,putra?
means even wira 1.3 ,1.5, 1.8....also use the same model?
like HWL adjustable current using on Waja 1.6....but it also can fit to Wira 1.3??

thank you
i think should be the same... i only know Satria Neo and Satria GTi is different...

maybe the damping and spring rates is also different for different displacement...but the main damper body design is the same...you can call them up and ask them..

howiechoo said:
suggest u do some survey on hwl user about how many times they had send their shock for warranty after 6 month.....
i dun think you are answering the thread starters question...

you got any other brands to recommend?? why not you voice it out...

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
yes.. wira,satria n putra share the same strut body design of the adjustable.. basically u can use them in all the models.. it will fit...

just that it is better to get the right spec for ur car, since the weight of each car differ.. 1.3,1.5,1.6,1.8

theres a lot of brand out there.. sum say this brand good n sum say no...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i think should be the same... i only know Satria Neo and Satria GTi is different...

maybe the damping and spring rates is also different for different displacement...but the main damper body design is the same...you can call them up and ask them..
so ur answer is ask him to call them and check? wat a good answer then....totally no solutions here...

there's many brand outside...if u wanna get something good and realiable, u need to do some survey on the users of each brand......

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
except the HWL...what brand are more good on performance?

Kelisa R - MJz

Known Member
Feb 24, 2004
^_^

howiechoo said:
I am HWL user... No problem ar...:_:

Target Design

Known Member
Jan 15, 2005
Pahang
n
flushafteruse said:
all can be fitted in wira,satria,putra,waja...........1.3-1.8

*juz the spring rate are diff depends on your ride setup......
that means waja adjustable also can fit to wira 1.3 chassis izzit?

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
howiechoo said:
so ur answer is ask him to call them and check? wat a good answer then....totally no solutions here...

there's many brand outside...if u wanna get something good and realiable, u need to do some survey on the users of each brand......
read my post with your eyes wide wide open bro...

butthead said:

i already told him that Satria Neo and SGTi is the only one different...others is the same.. to be double confirmed he can call up to them and double check with them...

Target Design said:
except the HWL...what brand are more good on performance?
you should ask howiechoo... he has some opinions he would like to share...

Last edited:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
read my post with your eyes wide wide open bro...
my eyes are widely opened and i only saw some unconfirm answer...so is tat the solution? erm.....

btw, waja and wira are having different abs damping rate....and also spring rate
wira 1.3/5 also diff from wira 1.6/8

waja (harder)
wira1.6/8 (medium)
wira 1.3/5(softer)

if u wan to use waja adjustable in ur wira 1.3, i scare later ur car will become a frog and jumping on the road.......or maybe ur tyre will pregnant very fast if u always pass thru potholes....the worst scenario is ur car body crack due to extended pressure........

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
howiechoo said:
my eyes are widely opened and i only saw some unconfirm answer...so is tat the solution? erm.....

btw, waja and wira are having different abs damping rate....and also spring rate
wira 1.3/5 also diff from wira 1.6/8

waja (harder)
wira1.6/8 (medium)
wira 1.3/5(softer)

if u wan to use waja adjustable in ur wira 1.3, i scare later ur car will become a frog and jumping on the road.......or maybe ur tyre will pregnant very fast if u always pass thru potholes....the worst scenario is ur car body crack due to extended pressure........
okay if you insist it is an unconfirmed answer... at least it is still a better answer than yours lor... initially he never asked you to come in and comment on the reliability of HWL... so basically you gave him no answer at all .. and i at least gave him 25% of an answer at least... and sorry i missed out bolding the "but the main damper body design is the same" in my previous post...if i know so much about each of their MT-1 product line for all their cars.. i can be their part-time salesman already...

you initial post is what some might call irrelevant to the question.. and is the type of opinions that can start war of words... i am no HWL user.. nor any local performance damper user... still i don't like to comment on brand xxx is no good if people does not ask... i will only provide feedback if they ask about pros and cons and and bad points of a product... cos this feedback sometimes offend actual users...

we should discontinue on this topic as i do not want to start anything which may lead to both parties being unhappy...OK?

about waja damping rates and spring rates on satria... bumpier it may be... cracking the chassis is an extremely low risk.. considering some people are actually driving cars fitted with 10k and maybe higher rate springs in their cars on the street... i even know frens driving around in 6k linear and 8k linear springs in k-cars for quite some time.. other than their parents complaining it is a bit bumpier.. no other bad news... of course the car should not be trashed around potholes as it might loosen the dashboard or something not as rigid...

Last edited:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
all right then.....say wat u wan to...

if u think a high spring and damping rate will not crack the car body or minimum risk, then i think u should gain more experience on suspension setup and view more example....

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Target Design said:
that means waja adjustable also can fit to wira 1.3 chassis izzit?
yes... it will fit... it seems that both car utilises the same mounts... but i think you would have to change the top mount since Waja uses 3 screws and Satria uses 2 screws..

are you planning to buy a used set from Waja owners???

i suggest you check on the condition of the dampers before you deal... cos sometimes servicing plus the price you pay for a used set is almost the same as a complete new set...jus my opinions..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello;
I have 2 questions to ask about my 1.3 Kia Rio.

1) when cold start, then put in R or D the car will jerking and sometime mati. but if we tkan minyak abit, terus no problem, no more jerking..

2) My auto box suka tuka2 gear....a bit bukit terus gear 3...then if i am driving above 120..then tkan minyak nak pecut..it will automatically masuk gear 2..is this normal...the car will just bising but not much speed difference..

someone please help me...tq =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience