Humble DIY Repairs On My Car

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
This is okay until a certain level. The 32bit continental ECU of Proton can use this, 16bit cannot. Some pins are unavailable on the send or receiver side, my car cannot set throttle relearn or reset my immobilizer.
to be honest it's more than enough for most people's needs, at one point i needed it pretty often to clear an error caused by the 02 sensor in an aftermarket exhaust.

can you actually set throttle or immobilizer with the ob2 dongle and app?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the kind words sir. I do hope my videos are beneficial to people. The bluetooth scanner hardware acts as the Vehicle Communication Interface (VCI) only. The brain is like you mentioned the application. So technically it will be able to do the same thing if the app is the same. The catch is good apps from developed companies like LAUNCH, AUTEL etc will only work with their proprietary scanners.
keep up the great work :congrats:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
to be honest it's more than enough for most people's needs, at one point i needed it pretty often to clear an error caused by the 02 sensor in an aftermarket exhaust.

For me, so far work well too, espcially for my Chery SUV. Need to find fault code, if can handle, DIY. If not, send to mechanic friend, tell him the fault. After repairs login and erase the code.....

Reactions: Tom

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Yeah to check engine fault code is fine, but also the basic ones. My immobilizer fault code didn't show up in the Torque app, I was very frustrated why my car cannot start, hahaha.

Reactions: Tom

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Yeah to check engine fault code is fine, but also the basic ones. My immobilizer fault code didn't show up in the Torque app, I was very frustrated why my car cannot start, hahaha.
some errors and input commands are just not found in the db torque has i guess.... otherwise it should pull everything. end of the day its just a simple signaling mechanism..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Could be the app not suitable for the make/brand of car. It works well for my Chery SUV, for Forester certain things ok, some things not....lol

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I think its the limit of the dongle.
dongle is just an interface... everything else is on the side of the app... remember, just signals. signals are just 1's and 0's... if you can interpret the combinations of 1's and 0's (decode it) i will mean something

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020

Yup it has the function, I managed to reset the throttle on my Proton Gen 2, similarly it can work with imobilizer too but never got to try that function out. What I understand it does not cover all the vehicles so it likely be a hit and miss depending on the app support.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
dongle is just an interface... everything else is on the side of the app... remember, just signals. signals are just 1's and 0's... if you can interpret the combinations of 1's and 0's (decode it) i will mean something
Yah, even the actual unit my mechanic have, have to choose car make and model to scan. New cars in the market, have to get new software upload....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
No, u need to have a dongle that can actually translate everything to the app. ELM is what we used and they have only a set of protocols.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No, u need to have a dongle that can actually translate everything to the app. ELM is what we used and they have only a set of protocols.
The one that I have don't work well with my Forester, but club member did mention got another model that can read most of the data, including CVT fluid temp......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kimi Raikkonen got close to Heikki Kovalainen's new lap record set yesterday, but fell short by less than two-tenths of a second with a best lap of 1:11.189s in his Ferrari F2008. Kovalainen was right on the pace again today at the Valencia circuit, lapping just 0.017s slower than the defending world champion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience