How to you prevent buying an "Fake" engine oil?

RB26

GoKart Lover
Jul 14, 2005
selayang
www.mangoesteen.net
But hor, got 1 time I bought Shell Helix Semi @ Tesco Paradigm, I bought 1L per bottle one, total 4 bottles. When send car to service, foreman open the cap, and asked why the oil bottle dont have alumimium foil wrap at the opening there? That's mean after open the plastic cap, directly you can see the oil inside ><

I also dont know why, normally bottle there got the aluminium look a like foil wrapping one right?

sample of what I mean:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
The source is they buying old/used oil( those oils mix with clutch, brake, engine, gear, ATF etc) in metal barrel from workshops and re-processed it after collecting all used container. Put some coloring, then pack as genuine. But usually their packing looks funny and u can see a lot of dirty residue at bottom of the bottles

zul_klasik

Known Member
Mar 15, 2010
im using eneos engine oil..
just bought at eneos shop at one utama (only buy the engine oil, others expensive meh)..
and bring it to others workshop to change my oils, 'upah' only rm10..
hehehe

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But hor, got 1 time I bought Shell Helix Semi @ Tesco Paradigm, I bought 1L per bottle one, total 4 bottles. When send car to service, foreman open the cap, and asked why the oil bottle dont have alumimium foil wrap at the opening there? That's mean after open the plastic cap, directly you can see the oil inside ><

I also dont know why, normally bottle there got the aluminium look a like foil wrapping one right?

sample of what I mean:
If not mistaken, EU oil means those from Tesco, Carrefour do not have the plastic seal inside....

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban

sample of what I mean:
yalo yalo. The shell helix ultra don't have any aluminium seal which i bought from tesco during their promotion. But so far so good, I've used 4bottles so far and still got 4 bottles left.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need help all sifus..can old beetle add turbo with the old engine?..and
1)what do i need to buy,
2)what do i need to do,
3)pro n cons,
4)any other informations about turbos?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience