How to remove "Rainbow" stains on windscreen?

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Dont know much but the windscreen got these stains of vertical rainbow lines.... tried to clean it using many methods and stuffs, still cannot.. what was the cause and how to remove it?

cck2228

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Sandakan,Sabah
Visit site
I also wan to know how to remove it!!!
My car's rear window got!! inside the SUnscreen.
like got oil oo...i think need to remove the sunscreen baru can clean.but also dono what is that!!

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
i tried using glass cleaner liquid, and for scrapper, i use the normal pen knife, then one you use for cutting lines on paper.... to scrap it, would work if you have dirty stains on the window but the rainbow strips cannot go off.. I have no idea but many told me that this is cause by excessive use of those liquid like RainX and bla bla.. not RainX brand la.. but some other lousy brand..

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
almost all hardware shops have it.. i recommend ace hardware.. there are few
types of autosol which are varies depending on the usage.. i also forgot which
one is suitable to use for windscreen.. it's gel.. like toothpaste

jkn

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
Um... isn't that caused by differential stress polarization in the laminate on your windshield? Where can clean wan.

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
jkn said:
Um... isn't that caused by differential stress polarization in the laminate on your windshield? Where can clean wan.
dont get what you mean.. but care to explain on how it occured?

Autosol can ka?

jkn

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
edgar_raphael said:
dont get what you mean.. but care to explain on how it occured?

Autosol can ka?
Well, I'm no expert, but I think it's when the laminate starts to warp from the sun. Polarised light will make the inconsistant tension across the film appear as rainbow colors.

So, it's not something you can wash. Need to replace the tint/laminate. I guess this is the difference between cheap tinting and $2000 tinting. :p

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Autosol is a product where most clocks/watches shop use them. It is very effective to remove scratches of the watch glass screen.

Doesn't matter which to go for, all are the same. As long it is similar to the shape of a toothpaste, there is also another Autosol product but with different packaging. So, please check or read before you buy. :p

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
I heard from a friend work in chemical field said it's not the "dirt" (hope i can correct about what you guys refer to)....

he said it's the material that use to make glass is not "clean" when in the factory...

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
My toyota also got such rainbow..if wear those branded sunglasses..u can c very very colourful...i also duno how to clean it..
My house got autosol..mayb i might try?but i used it to make my headlamp to be clearer only oh...hehe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

They’re at it again, in the beggining we had a Rolls Royce knock off, then we had a Mercedes knock off, followed by Cadillac, Smart Fiat Panda and Toyota Rav-4 knock offs, god knows what the Chinese are going to be cloning next. But for now, here’s how they’re pissing off European car makers, especially Mini Cooper, with their latest creation; the Lifan 3-Series. They don’t even leave names alone. 3-Series is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience