How to reduce engine noise?

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
I'm driving a wira 1.5GLA. bought it in 2001. But now the engine noise is louder. Anyone knows how to reduce the engine noise?

rodneyk

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Penang
ermmm off the aircon?
use a better engine oil?
tune the engine?
so many things
hehehe

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
johndoe said:
I'm driving a wira 1.5GLA. bought it in 2001. But now the engine noise is louder. Anyone knows how to reduce the engine noise?
you can turn off the engine? ;) ahha.. but seriously,

what do you mean by engine noise is louder? and are you sure? 2001 till now is a long time, you probably couldnt remember exactly how loud the engine was at that time compared to now unless you measured it with a DB meter.

is there mechanical noises? abnormal noises? .. or just overall noise? how often do you service your engine? engine mounts ok?

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
gary said:
you can turn off the engine? ;) ahha.. but seriously,

what do you mean by engine noise is louder? and are you sure? 2001 till now is a long time, you probably couldnt remember exactly how loud the engine was at that time compared to now unless you measured it with a DB meter.

is there mechanical noises? abnormal noises? .. or just overall noise? how often do you service your engine? engine mounts ok?
I mean compare when i first time bought the car. now the engine noise is probably 50% louder than 4yrs ago. The noise is from the engine area, when u lift up ur bonet, that's the noise i meant.

rodneyk

Known Member
Apr 11, 2005
Penang
johndoe said:
I mean compare when i first time bought the car. now the engine noise is probably 50% louder than 4yrs ago. The noise is from the engine area, when u lift up ur bonet, that's the noise i meant.
you already said its 4 yrs ago
50% is also very subjective

also another factor is your engine efficiency would have gone down.
or it might be your tuning.
go check it out and see.
We could not help you to pin point the exact problem as there are many variables.

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
Get the engine tuned if its on carb. Check all mechanical parts and make sure they are properly lubed with WD40. Check all devices that has ball bearings (compressor, water pump, fan belt pulleys, radiator fan motor, cooling fan motor, etc)

Good luck, just my few cents. PM me the results after problems solved ok ! ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My buddy has been preparing& welcoming his new baby.... a black princess

Doing alot of goggling & detailing research...I specifically asked him to pick up this ride under a bright noon day sun.....

but due to his busy schedule.....he only managed to pick it at 11pm & by them time he reach home, just prior giving this baby a new shower....under his porch lamp......he discovered ...

lots of micro Marring & thousands of fine scratches all over the car....But how can it be ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience