how to open evo4 dashboard

Poorman

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
all DIY sifu how to open evo 4 dashboard?or anywhere can help me to open it. i just want tie all wire together in other to reduce noise from dashboard. please help thank you

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
If it is the same as GSR, then you can try these :

1) Remove the nuts from the drivers side first
2) Remove the glove compartment (on the co-drivers side)
3) There should be some screws in the middle (try looking from bottom up, as they are well hidden)
4) Remove the cables hidden behind. There should be some on the drivers side and co-drivers side (speaker wire especially).
5) There should be bolts holding the dashboard to the body. For Wira / GSR, they are on the air-con vents on top of the dashboard (the 2 small round holes right next to the doors). You need to remove the vents to see the nuts inside. Becareful not to break the fins of the air-con vents.

ps : It would be easier to remove the steering wheel first, or you might scratch the glass and tint (if any)

Poorman

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
thank's bro. can you help me to open?i pay u can?

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
I've never open an Evo4, but only my GSR dashboard.....so afraid that i might spoil yours. My mechanic cracked my middle air-con vents liao...sakit hati :(

I can say there are a lot of hidden screws all around, and removing the steering might be a challenge w/o the removal kit. A lot of mechanics just use force and pull it out, which might damage the steering rack.