How to know Turbo Exhaust or NA Exhaut??

whisper

Jan 10, 2007
Hallo there!
I'm a newbie. As a car user i have many interested to learn function a part of car n to get some knowledge about it. Now, .. how do we know which type of exhaust use for TURBO and which one use for NA car?? Can u teach me .. maybe about their shape/ flow or something else...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
there is not a way to differentiate an exhaust pipe for turbo or NA. the only difference is visible when u lift up the hood and find a compressor (looks like siput) that is driven by the exhaust gas.

if its there, then the car is turbocharged. if not, its Normally Aspirated. if there is a compressor somewhere else to induced air into the combustion chamber but belt-driven, the engine is known as a supercharged.

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
haha no need see the exhaust.. see the car hah u will know ... hah of see the front have front mount intercooler or on top the engine like STI then is a turbocharge ar.. haha no NA car put intercooler without combining it to anything hahah...

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
see de piping size lo.. if it's unusually bigger than other cars then it should be turbo..

Rally [><]

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
Peejay
www.myvi.com.my
hmm.. turbo charged exhaust shd have the smoothest flow possible.. so the diameter and circumference of the exhaust pipes and mufflers plays the major role.

aftermarket exhausts system fer turbo cars are basically straight flow as well. .

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
u on road moving time , see those car wif big muffler and silent means got turbo when stop only got the bo bo bo sound, N/A muffler those so call "la la car" moving oso the sound is Pahhhhhh or wat so ever sound" lolz hope u understand

Rally [><]

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
Peejay
www.myvi.com.my
the worse of them all.. kancils with super duper noisy exhaust.. loud but bicycle can win them in a drag race...

"pahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." - still in 1st gear.. :)

DK_son

Known Member
Jan 14, 2007
Elmo_X said:
u on road moving time , see those car wif big muffler and silent means got turbo when stop only got the bo bo bo sound, N/A muffler those so call "la la car" moving oso the sound is Pahhhhhh or wat so ever sound" lolz hope u understand

hehe...seem like we got otai here..kcinngg..kcinngg..kepish.kepish..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
whisper said:
how do we know which type of exhaust use for TURBO and which one use for NA car?? Can u teach me .. maybe about their shape/ flow or something else...
Straight flow for turbo
S-flow for NA

size of piping for Turbo engine normaly is larger than NA. for turbo, the bigger the better (but not oversized)

to differentiate a car based on ekzos, look at the piping from rear. u will know...n by hearing the sound of ekzos when the car is revving...

my2cent

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
well.. in terms of exhaust.. it doesnt really matters.. theres no differences in them other then size.. if you drive N/a assume its wira 1.5 or something like that.. you can see ppl downsize them to 1 inch! (sounds like motorbikje-mat rempit style) or up to 3-5 inch! which is overkill... generally you need to understand that ur exhaust system its like an output of your engine.. too small it cant push out the gas fast enough and too big, you lose power cause.. no back pressure..

so.. turbo car usually have huge exhaust about 3-5 inch inlet or something bigger.. why? because they running on compressed air and more fuel = fuel + air = power! more also means more fc.. haha

well... usually you can hear the differences in turbo and na car, all the sifoos up theres already explain thjose.. ahhahaah

whisper

Jan 10, 2007
oo.. means.. all car can 'use' any muffler they want... ok.. now how to now which one is s-flow and which one is straight flow???

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
for manual turbo car normally use straight flow or follow the original route..for auto turbo got s-flow 'tabung' and both not so noisy when idle...when tarik u can hear the downpipe sound, not like NA Mufflerrr...,piping size 1.7in - 2.0in for k-car...and 1.8 in-3.5 in for bigger car...turbo car the manifold is differ from NA car....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
whisper said:
oo.. means.. all car can 'use' any muffler they want... ok.. now how to now which one is s-flow and which one is straight flow???
if it is already fixed to the car, the only way is to look at the inlet and outlet piping... if it lines up straight, means straight flow.... if s-flow, the inlet pipe usually at the side....

another way to differentiate it before fixing to the car, look through the exhaust hole... if u can see light at the other side, means it is straight flow.... if not, means s-flow lor....

yeap, true that any car can use any muffler, but that doesnt mean the setup is correct... oversized piping n muffler on NA engine will lead to power loss.... while small size piping n muffler on turbocharged engines will lead to restriction, which in other words means power loss as well...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Does anyone here knows where can i get this few brands of engine oil in Ipoh?
Any shops in Ipoh selling this..?

1. Liqui Moly MOS2 Leichtlauf 10w-40
2. Eneos Motor Oil Racing GT 10w-40 SN/CF
3. Petro Canada Supreme 10w-40 API SN
4. Mitsubishi Motors 10w-40

View attachment 513907 View attachment 513908 View attachment 513909 View attachment 513912

And also where can i get this few brands of auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience