How to install FICD on DCNF40 4G15.....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
amuroray, i installed the FICD to my car... i'm using weber dgv... i connect the F hose to the intake manifold (with a Y connector) and i left I open to suck air.... but the maximum rpm i get is only 500rpm....

when i turn the screw on top, its hose F that determines how much air being sucked in... hose I remains stable even when i turn the screw....

so, got 2 possibilities...
- my FICD faulty
- weber dgv has different FICD setup compare to DCNF (which i dun think so coz we are connecting the hose to the inlet at intake manifold)

any sifoo can help me??..

another question... the rpm increase when the FICD is sucking more or less air??.... when u close finish the valve, totally no air sucking??... mine still got abit air sucking in..... if yes, could it be the valve inside damaged already??...

Last edited:

AmuroRay

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2006
amuroray, i installed the FICD to my car... i'm using weber dgv... i connect the F hose to the intake manifold (with a Y connector) and i left I open to suck air.... but the maximum rpm i get is only 500rpm....

when i turn the screw on top, its hose F that determines how much air being sucked in... hose I remains stable even when i turn the screw....

so, got 2 possibilities...
- my FICD faulty
- weber dgv has different FICD setup compare to DCNF (which i dun think so coz we are connecting the hose to the inlet at intake manifold)

any sifoo can help me??..

another question... the rpm increase when the FICD is sucking more or less air??.... when u close finish the valve, totally no air sucking??... mine still got abit air sucking in..... if yes, could it be the valve inside damaged already??...
hi sky...... connnection terbalik already..... F (upper hose from FICD) is use to suck in clean air, I is connect to intake with T-join (refer my pic 1).....:burnout:
btw,maybe will get CAI from u later....hehe:biggrin:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
hi sky...... connnection terbalik already..... F (upper hose from FICD) is use to suck in clean air, I is connect to intake with T-join (refer my pic 1).....:burnout:
btw,maybe will get CAI from u later....hehe:biggrin:
i've fixed the connection properly adi according to ur diagram... but the problem still occurs.... the rpm wont go up or down when i turn the allen key screw.... should be the FICD faulty rite??....

offtopic: yaya, can PM me whenever u want the hose...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
no people help me geh??...

btw, today went back to the halfcut shop and tested with another FICD... result is still the same... max rpm i can set is 500rpm...

the tauke said the hose from pcv valve to intake manifold cannot leak air... if excessive air leak into it, engine will stall... means in order to increase the rpm, we need to pump more air out (instead of leaking air into intake manifold) ??.... taikor amuroray, i dun understand ler.... whats ur a/c on rpm??...

the tauke asked me to take a look at AE101 engine bay and see how the FICD works... coz those toyota FICD are from AE101... he asked me to check where the 2 hose originally run... but i dun have friend who drive AE101....