How to improve braking performance (semi-DIY)

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
the easiest and cheapest way to improve your braking distance is by improving your driving seating position. take same car with one using oversize brembo and the driver seat wrongly, and another car with stock brake system but the driver seat correctly, i bet the second car will stop faster. we will here a lot of youngster complaining their brake "not tangkap or tak makan". this kind of people normally driving with almost sleep position.. very relaxing style.. seat been adjust far way back like watching tv. if u seat like straight up like pro-driver with lower part of your back body touching your seat, u can put a lot more pressure to your brake pedal. but malaysians people mostly will say u are no-skill driver cause seating near with your steering... hahahaa... then people still keep wonder why our country have highest road accident record..

p/s: however, improving brake system is always a good step to take. but improving our seating position is the most important things to save our live. (just google how to seat correctly) our JKJR or JPJ wont teach u this because most of them also seat wrongly while driving. :biggrin:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
adjust seat position is for some driver who r super short but still wan sit back,adjust his seat back as possible coz it more relax during driving as too with sterring wheel will makin feel sick...make sure ur height,ur seat postion is right for u during driving..

acid adiPredator

Sep 19, 2011
Terengganu
Re: How to improve braking performance (semi-DIY) part #1

The cross drilled sections allow for gas to escape to lessen the chances of brake fade when under heavy braking. I'm not quite sure how the gas is produced but a quick Google will help you answer that. The slotted sections skim even layers off your brake pad to ensure a clean layer of the brake pad is in contact with the rotor. Essentially performance rotors help reduce brake fade. Bewarned though, more holes or slots doesn't mean it's better. It also means the brake pads have less surface contact with the rotor which means it takes more effort to brake so don't go drilling your OEM rotors just because you want to!
i've plan to drilling my new brembo rotor disc to avoid my disc high temp...what ur opinion...because my OEM myvi disc already bend i thought...make vibration for my stering when run 100Kmph

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My rotors isn't drilled separately, I bought them like that. I'm guessing it's manufactured that way so unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't drill that Brembo disc.

fatlizard

Known Member
Nov 28, 2008
I juz bought a twin pot evo 3 caliper..Whats the price of the caliper service kit..?Anyone know..?

wongtheboy92

Nov 27, 2011
Sabah
thx...so basically, i can use the traditional method to bleed brake? open the screw to allow brake fluid to flow into a bottle while pressing the brake pedal? is it something like this?...I ask a mechanic...he said what different pressure during bleeding ABS brakes? whats that? @@

wongtheboy92

Nov 27, 2011
Sabah
one pump, one stays on the bleeding area right? is it difficult to DIY? Does it take a long time lets say i wanna do all the wheels...drum brake same ma? ...1 litre enough to flush all wheel brakes? Changing to IMProve brake hose enough long for my modded 11" honda brake ma?

wongtheboy92

Nov 27, 2011
Sabah
@@...duno much mechs...prefer DIY since its nt that difficult...utube oso got many videos...thn i just ask some comments from sifu ma...plus i dun rly trust those mechs...imp steel brake line long enuf ma to reach the 11" honda brakes on myvi?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When looking at oversea selling Motul 800 road racing 2T for +-US$17 and we are getting it at +-RM133 per bottle, I think it is too much. So, I'm wondering if volume can bring down the price a bit. Mix product purchasing also can, like x bottle of different engine oil + x bottle of different 2T.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience