How to import LHD car from USA?

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Hey members,

I am a Malaysian. I used to be a student in USA and now I have graduated with a Master degree. I have then work here for more than a year. I own a car in here for almost 3 years and I would like to import it back to Malaysia. My car is a LHD car. 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X. Anyone know the procedure to import it back to Malaysia? Also register to drive on the road. The cost, etc?
Please help! Thanks a lot.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
can anyone shed some light?

I have a friend who used to study in the US, brought his LHD BMW E46 323ci through Naza. you can try asking Naza for assistance

good luck

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
naza could be expensive, u could try other grey importers...
but y not sell your car there & get an evo x over here.....

the costs of importing your LHD evo x could be the same price over here after paying duty & tax + logistics fees incured.

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
Any suggestions for grey importers as well as freight forwarders?

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
I have owned and driven my car for almost 3 years. Cant let it go easily. Alot of things happen between me and my car. haha

I bought my car new for $33,000 (RM 99,000), plus tax, freight, "water money" total maybe RM50,000. So that add up will be RM150,000. It is still cheaper than the Malaysian 300% price.

I already consulted Naza, they will ship it back for me. I dont know what will they charge me yet, but if it is too expensive, then I will do all the paper work myself.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I have a question here, hope u all can help... i bought a works adjustable cam pulley, last weekend when i want to install the cam pulley, the mechanic said can't because mine is satria gti with siemen ecu. hesaid if install, gonna "kacau" the cam sensor. Is it true?

Thanks all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience