How to fix rusty car roof with cheapest price!Maybe DIY?

let79

Nov 27, 2006
Hello!My friends,I am back!This time I really had started to treat the rust onto my Nissan car roof!Thanks to Mr. Let79!I'd follow your steps on how to use Kurust(Hammerite).Hope this method is going to work!We will wait for the result and see.Stay tune!

(p/s:I would insert some images to show to you guys.Hope this will help you up!)...PLEASE CLICK the link below : Saving Nissan Sentra

Dear Tee,

Good luck in your project.

Well, i have got some good news for you. It has been nearly 6 months now and it seems that the method used on my car is effective so far.

Just dont forget to repaint the open rust after treatment by any mean possible. As for the roof, i would recomend to use the paint made for high temperature as the roof is directly exposed to hot sun. Car paint should be fine as they are made to withstand harsh condition and they mends to metal very well. But i used only nail polish and build up the paint, layer by layer and avoid one thick coat.

Thanks..

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
Thank you,Let79!Perhaps I will use nail polish as well, before I find any good car paint!Smart of you, like MacGyver, the hero in the TV series.Here I have MSN : [email protected] & YM : [email protected] .If you have online chatting, please just add me! Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Tee.

Last edited:

let79

Nov 27, 2006
Hi,

It has been a year already since i last fix the rust on the hinges of my Nissan AD Resort and so far i have not seen the recurrence of the rust. I guess the problem has been fixed.

I have another new project on my car. Im getting blister on roof as well and will use the same method on it. Will start my project maybe by end of this week and will update the results to u guys.

By the way, for those who just came in can check on the link below for further details
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...car-roof-with-cheapest-price-maybe-diy-3.html

Thanks

Lim

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
Now onli i found this thread.
Any comment if i already put normal antirust that bought from normal hardware shop? RM10 that kind? it stated Cat Pencegah Karat Primer.
I am in the mid of repairing my roof cancer. some of the spot i cannot sand paper them. but i just force the antirust to go in. will it last or i should buy rust convertor to reaply?

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
Kurust(Hammerite) can get from certain ACE hardware shops. Call them up before you visit the shop, they may out of stock sometime!

Last edited:

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
ACE hardware available only at KL:bawling: im from penang...

Try using "Colgate","Darlie" or any toothpaste!! I am not fool around with you, Mr. Muskasim. You see, the main cause of the metal rust is toxic glue, which mean the glue got acidic ingredient in it. So, is that possible we use something contenting with 'alkaline' to make it back to normal or balance? I got this idea b4 I'm using Kurust, but since I'd found this product in KL, so I just use it. Anyway, surely would share with you guys if any idea came accross in my mind later. Take care, brother!

Best regards,

敬请è”络 Contact Me :
雨林画室 teearts.studio ~ Malaysia
ç½‘å€ website : 雨林画室 teearts.studio ~ Malaysia
手机 handphone : 012-2791328 (Tee)
电邮 email : [email protected]
地点 location : Bandar Puchong Jaya. Selangor (nearby Puchong IOI Mall)

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
hey guys, any updates or pics??

how u all drill da rusty part?? use sand paper to smoothen it or ??

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
Ya! I use those soldering gun and stick to covered up the tiny hole. You guys got what I mean? I can't take the pic as I did it in the mechanic workshop. Stay tune!

yloon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
i got 20 ++ rust spot on my roof, after i treated with normal sanding, and just put normal antirust primer. got 1 rust spot come back to visit me. :( and when i sand it and try to clean it with a test pen. it become a hole. :( :(

I went to mudguard guy, grind it and put those soldering led on it to cover it, directly put base coat. not sure can last or not.

will update after 3 months. cheers...

muskasim

Known Member
Jun 8, 2004
Pee Neng
klsim.tripod.com
yloon, how much u paid for that job?? im still deciding whether want to change the whole roof or repair it. The spot that come to visit u izzit from the same spot or new spot?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I bought this Vacuum and Volt meters from Speedster_jg recently I must say it is well worth it. It was expensive to actually get it installed at Kelana Jaya "ABANG" , RM35 to be exact to DIY is preferred.

After all the reading at ZTH, I got the meters working; but I wonder how accurate the Vacuum reading are. I can't be sure where the T joints are correctly placed or not.

The attachment shows where i made the T Joints on my Satria. Also, can anyone pin point me the area where i can...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience