Guys,
im using K&N open pod air filter for my car,
thinking of washing it,
ask the fella at the car service centre,
he said,
i must use a chemical in order to clean it,
and drying it could take a while,
up to half day just to make sure it really dries up,
anyone here could help me go thru this cleaning process DIY style?
like what chemical to use?
how to clean it,
how to know its really clean and stuff,
or anything that could help me la,
pls pls pls,
thanks guys.

bravosx

Oct 2, 2004
Damansara
Visit site
What i use is just a little bit of Dynamo liquid (helps get rid of oil and dirt alot!) and soak the filter in water for 1 hour longer if it's very dirty.

Use water and hose it down but from inside out. This will help to push out all dirt stuck in the filter. If you do it the other way round, you will clog the filter element with more dirt.

Drying it is simple - just shake it vigirously till you feel there's no more water dripping. then put it back on. This is DIY style. :D

The other PROPER way is to use K&N cleaner and oil solution. This will help pro-long the life of your filter definitely.

]\[ickless

Feb 6, 2004
Preferably, use the Air Filter Cleaning Liquid Kit sold in the market (eg. K&N Air Filter Cleaner, K&W Air Filter Cleaner etc.) instead of ordinary soap. The cleaning kit normally comes with Air Filter Cleaner & Air Filter Oil which is specially formulated to work in combination with the cotton fabric in air filters. Those cleaning kit suitable to be apply on both open pods & drop-ins air filter... :)

K&N Air Filter Ceaner Kit

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
i talked to one zth member once, mr CannonDa|e, he works in Eneos in Kepong. He told me that, manual cleaning could be expensive, as your have to buy K&N washing kit with the oil. He also said, it can be done in Eneos itself, rm6 or rm15, either one of the prices, forgot edi. Hope this helps.

voltron

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Fugz,
does that service apply in eneos one utama?
if yes then i might consider going there come monday,
i thought of doing all of the method u guys mention above,
but im not sure whether its safe for the air filter long term effect,
who knows,
im no expert in this,
thanks to all.

bravosx

Oct 2, 2004
Damansara
Visit site
When buying K&N filters, why not invest in the cleaning and oiling kit at one go? It should last you quite some time depending on how frequent you wash your filters.

I wash mine once a month and I don't mind not using the cleaning kit at all as I have used K&N's of various models for quite some time and have never used the cleaning kit, and never had problems doing without it. Just don't clean it with petrol or blow the dust particles using high pressure air gun.

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
cleaning it at Eneos is simple and cheap

but how do they manage to dry the air filter naturally within half an hour?

last time i let mine dry naturally facing a table fan for the whole night...and still it is not fully dry the next morning..

i guess water doesnt goes along with oil...so imagine reoil when it is still wet :ph34r:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
soaked it, spray it with the cleaner element, then shoot the water facing the inside of the filter (shoot few times) let it dry in the sun then re-oil with the red oil....easy lar, i have been doin mine for how many years aldy.

voltron

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
bryan90,
good question..

fstrader,
what do you mean by re oil?
cleaner element? u mean any cleaning chemical?
can use car shampoo ke?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
Originally posted by voltron@Oct 4 2004, 11:59
bryan90,
good question..

fstrader,
what do you mean by re oil?
cleaner element? u mean any cleaning chemical?
can use car shampoo ke?
re-oil means when its dry put the red oil again lor...

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
the only way for k&n filter to block those dust,sand etc...is by using oil...and stick em on the filter...

sometime when cleaning is not necessary....some user will just reoil it...coz the oil eventually will dried up

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): Is it really the end for cheap and rare imported used parts? The Government has finally decided to gradually phase-out certain components namely, brake pads, tyres, batteries and so on, before moving on to more critical items...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience