How to: Auto closing side mirrors.

hefraz

May 7, 2006
Could anyone advise me on how I could wire or "add on" something that will make my side mirrors open when I switch on the engine and close when I switch off..

found this cool video on youtube which illustrates what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0LZzKC1bfs

I have been looking long and hard but I still havent found something that is promising.

Please help guys

Last edited:

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Last time my friend told me that he wanna do that on his Myvi. And is exactly like what you are looking for, he already ask the price, at the workshop he mod his myvi. I'll try to contact him to give you the info as i believe he is not in malaysia now. Hehe. Good luck. But someone here might be able to help you.

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
hhm... try connecting the closing switch to ur turbo timer/ignition?? just an idea... i havent try...

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
My friend he said at Bandar Tun Razak there and he said he knows how to drive to there but don't know how to tell the location. haha. He keep on asking me to check it from motor trader when i keep on asking him for more details. haha

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
Hmm dont think can DIY keke...my friends toyota corolla SEG, quite old car also have, original build in one and my dad's cefiro also have it, should be quite standard for japanese cars! Mayb shops got sell, try asking kedai abang :tongwink: Wont be cheap i think must buy the whole side mirror and the motor and etc.

Last edited:

Chal735

Oct 1, 2008
that one should hav switch.for perodua car,mybe can take switch from Daihatsu move switch.but for motor to rotate the side mirror i no idea. but i think, at acc shop hav universal motor..u can use at ur original side mirror...

anyone know how much the motor and installation cost..?:adore:

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
i heard some people manage to do it with mitsu side mirror and the side mirror relay.

but, for mitsu case, they advise not to do that because of wear and tear on the open/close gears.

there are even people using nissan side mirrors paired with the mitsu switch and relay just for the purpose of doing what you plan to do :)

hAz

Known Member
Feb 17, 2007
nissan paired w mitsu?
wow...sounds interesting

nyway, mine, mitsu..
i totally dont recommend to do wat ure tryin to do..
yes, due to wear n tear...
mine broken dy..

duan2704

Known Member
Oct 6, 2008
Could anyone advise me on how I could wire or "add on" something that will make my side mirrors open when I switch on the engine and close when I switch off..

found this cool video on youtube which illustrates what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0LZzKC1bfs

I have been looking long and hard but I still havent found something that is promising.

Please help guys
My thinking....:stupid::hmmmm::hmmmm:

The motor gear for side mirror not to develop 4 many times close & open same like power window gear. Think like this every day we should to on & off engine 10 x, so the side mirror oso, posibility the gear to wear & tear quit fast.

Only my thinking not to advice....please advice me if wrong....:adore::adore:sorry broken english....newbie

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

2day around 4pm++, my maid called me n told me sumthing at my car posh has been stolen. So i get back 2 my hse 2 check n realize dat my car's sport rim has been stolen. Duno which bloody f***er who stole my sport rim.
here r d pics....

D brand of d rim is enkei, 13 inch, for drift cars. Last yr, another f***er stole my RPM meter, d brand is Pivot... got shift light and itz around 3.5 inch. Pic will b uploaded soon....

pic will be updated 2morow!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience