how do you open the headlight cover?

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
i wanna retrofit waja's projector lenses onto my myvi's sportlights. but first of all how to split the sportlight's lens & housing ah? kenot ar?

how you ppl do it? searched adi, some of you guys say put in oven but i wanna put in oven oso scared that i melt my sportlite sure kena 70 bucks fer a new one also! myvi plastic one maa..

plz help me asap.

Last edited:

basikalmerah

Known Member
May 2, 2006
Knock It By Using Hammer...can Ar?...hehehe...dont Angry Arr...just Joking...sorry...dont Know How But My Advise, Do Not Do Lah...it Just Broken Your sportlight. find other sport light at the shop...easily

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
basikalmerah said:
Knock It By Using Hammer...can Ar?...hehehe...dont Angry Arr...just Joking...sorry...dont Know How But My Advise, Do Not Do Lah...it Just Broken Your sportlight. find other sport light at the shop...easily
thanks.. that wuz helpful.:emoticon_U:

it's a spare foglamp, i need to get a projector lens in there. of course hafta split it open safely.

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
some forummer posted a pic of him submerging the headlamp into a pail of hot water.....that will soften the glue i guess...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
mengz said:
some forummer posted a pic of him submerging the headlamp into a pail of hot water.....that will soften the glue i guess...
now THAT could work.
using hairdryer doesn't work well lah.. :regular_smile:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
ikan_laga said:
refer to this thread bro..
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=110060

unfortunately my pics were lost .so i upload it again..

just pour some hot water onto your headlamp until the glue soften..

then open it by using screw driver..make sure to seal it after that using silicone..

now that's what i'm talkin about!
you haf my highest gratitude bro.

thanks. will try that out again tonite.

i tried dipping it in hot water, but still got some tabs to pry off.. :Not_Impressed:

ikan_laga

Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
Penang
dipping??
ok after dat tell us the result..hehe..good luck!
forgot to mention,make sure there is no one single droplet of water left inside before seal it back ya bro..

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
b4 that, remove all clips/screw holding the glass.
done mine b4. but im not using any silicon. just put it back together after drying.

make sure u didnt cover the "breathing hole" at the lamp back cover after putting back together.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Maxx said:
b4 that, remove all clips/screw holding the glass.
done mine b4. but im not using any silicon. just put it back together after drying.

make sure u didnt cover the "breathing hole" at the lamp back cover after putting back together.

point noted. thanks!

NewVi

Jan 17, 2007
i am not sure if any more opinion on prying open the lid would worth reading but guess it shud worth one try.....

i did tis to my myvi foggies and it worked well....main tool --> oven (strictly not microwave oven)

1) preheat the oven at 150 degrees or slighty higher (without the foggies in the oven)

2) put the foggies in and baked it at 150 degrees for like 2 mins.....obviously...the first try will not melt the glue so repeat this step (1-2minutes each round) a few time until u feel that the glue is melting....the reason why i dun suggest the use of a longer period is to avoid any chances the foggies would melt...

my foggies did not look or felt diff after entering the oven so i presumed its safe at tis temperature....

however, pls take note that damages or injuries, if any, resulted by an attempt to carry out the above method, by any person, should have the full responsiblities borned by that person him/herself.

Please dun try if u are unsure of it as this is merely another idea...

cheers

FatAssRubber

Feb 12, 2007
Well i think the best way is to use a hot air gun.

The Glue melts at around 95-105 degree celcius

The Plastic Cover which is a high temp PET Melts at 150-185 degree.

There for if you set ur hot air gun to 110 degree celcius, i guess that would help you remove all the glue without melting ur cover. but need to be carfeful with the plastic body. thats not too far away from 110.. around 125 only.

Regards

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
just asking:-

is there any shop that do headlight cleaning/rework etc..??
may be in some case, the rechrome back?? i dun know...

my old elantra head lamp has a faded inner head lamp(glass).try to clean in from bulb entrance but can't get it off...thought of rework or anything that can give it clear view..

any ideas??? thanks...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friend car have been stolen at a workshopl @ kamunting....

No. Plate : PAX 4958

Owner Name : Adib

No H/P : 0173000953

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience